E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #961
Tex323GripIsKey

My Ride: 2000 323i Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da9b18c View Post
Dude? What thread
The sticky at the top of the forum... two stickys up from this one...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=896677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Tex323GripIsKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #962
Tom330

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Frustrated...please help

I've searched the forums, but can't find answers to the following issues I'm having with my windows Dynavin D99 recently installed.
1) DISPLAY: totally washed out in daylight, and not just direct sun, but any ambient light. Horrible. I've adjusted the brightness/contrast settings, but they did not make a discernible difference. Any suggestions?
2) NAV ALERT VOICE:!how do you turn off navigation voice constantly indicating 'gps signal lost' and 'red light camera? Can you turn that off w/o turning off turn by turn voice guidance?
3) PDC: my car doesn't have PDC, however when you place the car in reverse, music cuts out, and the pdc screen (with random indicators of objects) displays. How do you turn that off? I want music, not false pdc visualizations:/

Thanks for any help. With these fixed I might appreciate this thing instead of despise it like I do now...
Tom330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #963
sh1n3

My Ride: 323ci
usb mode

Hi

Can I have a question that i didn`t find an answer. I have Dynavin Android Unit.
When i put the USB mode,when i star the car, evry single time it plays the same song. i want to make it to play the song i was listening before i turn it of. Sorry for my bad english !
sh1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #964
Alpine

My Ride: 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci
Hi, I recently bought an E46 330Ci which came with a Dynavin installed by the previous owner. The unit works great, except there is no radio reception whatsoever, and the left side steering wheel controls for volume etc do not work.

How do I get these two items fixed? Is a FAKRA cable the magical missing link I need? From what I am reading, a FAKRA cable caters for both radio and steering wheel control connection. But when I rang a local car audio store, they said this is not the case as they are separate cables, but also admitted that they had never heard of Dynavin before.

I don't think the OEM unit came with Navigation, it was just the original flip down touch screen unit with tape deck behind it and CD stacker in the back.

Abit confusing trying to google or search the problem, so any assistance to point me in the right direction would be welcome!!! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #965
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2001 318i & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Hi, I recently bought an E46 330Ci which came with a Dynavin installed by the previous owner. The unit works great, except there is no radio reception whatsoever, and the left side steering wheel controls for volume etc do not work.
With radio reception, I see from the photo in your sig that you have tinted windows. The antenna is in the rear window and often the tinting contains a metal film that reduces the reception dramatically.

From the comments in these posts, it seems quite common that the cable from the steering wheel controls is plugged into the wrong socket. Pull the Dynavin and check this.

I believe the FAKRA cable is needed if the amplifier is in the boot, but if you had a Business CD Radio with the 6-CD changer in the boot, a FAKRA cable is not needed. However some units, 2001 and before, had two cables from the Antenna amp in the 'C' pillar to the head unit. The Dynavin has only one connection so power is not supplied to the antenna amp. Then you need a device to add the 12v to the single lead. See Link Post #412-414 and Link post #474 and finally My Posts #910 and (11

If you had an OEM Nav unit then you will need a FAKRA cable and the above does not apply.

Hope this helps
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #966
Alpine

My Ride: 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci
I thought the antenna was the little fin on the rear of the roof?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #967
rurena

My Ride: United States
The fin is for some phone module or something. Not Radio. It has a plug behind the radio but it never got any radio stations when i tried it. The power antenna adapter thing works for the window antenna, not great but better than before. My car is a 2000 so i am not sure yours has the same amplifier but worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-40-EU5...item460ac0d6b5

Last edited by rurena; 12-05-2012 at 06:47 AM.
rurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #968
beattie_03

My Ride: 2002 318i
Hey Guys,

Need a replacement iPod cable for a Dynavin clone. Sadly the clone company sucks and wont get it from them, but it does seem that these are manufactured all the same.

I am willing to get a Dynavin iPod cable and hope it fits, but I cannot find ANYTHING online?

Best I have found is a Clarion CCUIPOD1/2 ipod cable, but not sure if that will fit...

Any ideas!

Re soldering is a possiblity but I dont want a weak/loose connection so would rather replace!

Cheers.
beattie_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #969
rurena

My Ride: United States
the dynavin guy sells them.
rurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #970
Kukanuka81

My Ride: 02 E46 M3 conv.
Send a message via ICQ to Kukanuka81
Anyone in the NJ area that knows how to play with the dynavin unit good?
Kukanuka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #971
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Anyone in dallas that can help with setting up android side?

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #972
beattie_03

My Ride: 2002 318i
What's the 'Dynavin' guys username?
beattie_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #973
Kukanuka81

How do we install apps on the Dynavin? Anyone can help?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #974
Kukanuka81

Anyone in the NJ area that can help me with the Android unit?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #975
jerseyzillest

My Ride: 325 CI
Got a good deal on a dynavin but the screen is cracked and the touchscreen doesn't work, anyone know how much it would cost to replace it? Ill do it myself I just can't find a place to buy the parts -_-!

^Taken with iPhone^
:rofl:
jerseyzillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #976
david in germany

My Ride: E87 and a e90
Hello all, first time poster here. I have read almost every page posted here about the Dynavin system from development to install and there is a lot of info and seemingly difficult to navigate at times but good info none the less.

Anyways, I bought and installed a Dynavin E8x (D99) in my 2009 E87 118i and love it so far with the exception of a irritating headlight buzz that I am trying to track down at the moment. I am not using the internal amp but a pair of Fosgate PBR amps (they were noise free when I had my alpine deck installed)

Now for my question, I have read about the Android update and would like to update my system so that I can use Internet tethered with my iPhone but wanted to know, if I update the android side will my navigation still be able to auto start or will I need to jump into the android side and start it each time I want navigation? I searched all the threads but could not find my answer.

Thanks for your time!

David
david in germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #977
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
How do you bypass the e brake? Do you have to run a wire to the wire going to the parking brake? That part confuses me.
trentcdrums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #978
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Bump?

trentcdrums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #979
chuckb210

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
I purchased the D99 for the E46 from Jeff. My problem is that I purchased a new phone that only creates an ad-hoc hotspot. The D99 won't connect to it. I am not getting another phone, so my next option is to switch out the Dynavin unit with the windows unit. If someone wants this unit in perfect condition, please let me know. All I want need is for you to purchase the windows unit from Jeff and I will swap my unit with your unit.

Chuck
chuckb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #980
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
How do you bypass the e brake? Do you have to run a wire to the wire going to the parking brake? That part confuses me.
You dont. There is a setting in the radio settings called BRAKE.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote