E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
My 1917 Luger Presentation Case

All number matching 1917 WWI Luger. Also a great shooter. Just wanted to give an update on the presentation case I got for it. It is not finished yet, just kinda thrown together.

Just got me yesterday an all matching 1939 German WWII Mauser, Berlin marks, all number matching but duffel cut. Picked it up for $210 though, all waffen and marks are excellent.

None of these have import or capture marks. Pics to follow of the 8mm K98
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
Gorgeous! I'd love to add a Luger to my collection. Where'd you find it?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
That thing is gorgeous!! $210?!?!?!?! A gorgeous piece like that i'd have expected some more zeros on the end. VERY nice!!

Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'd like to grab some historical pieces like this at some point.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
That thing is gorgeous!! $210?!?!?!?! A gorgeous piece like that i'd have expected some more zeros on the end. VERY nice!!

No I got the K98 WWI Mauser for $210. Can't say what I got the Luger for but it was a great deal. All matching numbers ones with military markings are not cheap, best part is....this one is a shooter!!!

The mag in the gun is a replica but works. The one in the presentation case is a WWII Luger FXO with Waffen markings. That mag alone is not cheap. I do have a replica wood bottom magazine on the way for the gun though so it looks original to the time of WWI instead of the WWII mags. This thing was fun to strip down and clean. It is built about as tight at my Kimber Custom 1911. The Germans really made these Lugers very well. They are a form of art. As far as shooting it....at 7 yards, pretty accurate once you get used to the sights. Feels GREAT in your hands with the degree the grip is designed at. Nice, heavy gun. Does great with Winchester White box 9mm.

Last edited by carcus; 12-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote