E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #21
E46DC2

My Ride: Is slow
scottjoh <----- This guy got my module fixed within the same day I shipped it!!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I opted w/ the 1 day turnaround for $100 and the whole process only took me 2 days, with me shipping it to him, repairing it and sending it back to me(I live in CA). When I called to get some info, he made sure it was my GM5 that was faulty at first by asking me a series of questions. This is by far one of the best services I ever had and Im glad I sent it! No more door problems and embarrasing moments! THANKS SCOTT!!

-Geoffrey
E46DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
Tatted330ci714

My Ride: 2002 330ci sports
locking system

i have a problem hope yall can help me out .... i cant unlock nore lock my car with the remote nore the manuel way ... please help !!!
Tatted330ci714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #23
Jack.nguyen.vu86

My Ride: BMW 325i E46
Key Lock and Unlock Problems...Pls Help...

Hi there,
I have a bmw 325i e46, i can't lock and unlock my car remotely anymore from i replaced the battery. I still can start the car from this key, but i can't lock and unlock the door anymore. Could anybody has any idea to fix it, because i have only one key.... one more thing that i still can lock and unlock all the door manually from the bottom inside the car. it mean the central looking is no problems, the only problem is from my key... Please, Help me...
Thanks guys...
Jack.nguyen.vu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #24
scottjoh

My Ride: '99 323i & '02 540i
Did you try resyncing the key to the car. Search for key resync procedure.
scottjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #25
Jack.nguyen.vu86

dear Scottjoh, Did you mean reprogram my key by putting my key to the ignition, turn it on and off ( 5 times) and them hold the unlock bottoms, press the lock bottoms 3 times. I already tried many time but it doesn't work. do you have any other ideas to fix my case. thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #26
scottjoh

Yeah, that's what I meant, but, it's buttons, not bottoms (is that an Australian thing?). If that doesn't get it to work then it sounds like the key's remote is probably bad. A lot of people cut to deep when opening the keys and hack off components. Good thing you didn't hack into the EWS which would render the key useless for starting the car.

Last edited by scottjoh; 09-05-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #27
Jack.nguyen.vu86

No, this is my original key from BMW, And this key is no problems with starting the engine. only problem is lock and unlock the door. before i change the battery this key work no problem, however, from i changed the battery inside the key which is not working anymore with remotely. Could you tell me any other procedure that i can try...Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #28
scottjoh

If it no longer works/syncs after you opened it and changed that battery it's pretty obvious you screwed it up. You have the right sync procedure and if the key is in working condition it will work since it worked before. No workie means the key is no longer good.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
cgd

My Ride: 2001 330CI
Ran into same issue (had taken glove box out to check horn issue) half ass put it back in as I had things to do, couldnt get it to lock/shut all the way. Got done w/business and couldnt get pass door or gas door open. had 37 miles left in the tank, made it home and the green thing in the trunks going to save me in the am! will get a tank full and then readdress the glove box! Many thanks to all that ask and answer questions! Many $$ saved.............Phillip Nelson "Kite Boarder" extreme, live on!
cgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #30
bdds042004

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
E46 key initalization

Put the key in turn it on and off 5 time with out starting the car. Press and hold the top button while you press the middle button 3 times. To make this work you must get into the car and lock the doors also hole the key over you right shoulder, because the ant in inside the right side rear glass.
bdds042004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #31
scottjoh

Door lock problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdds042004 View Post
Put the key in turn it on and off 5 time with out starting the car. Press and hold the top button while you press the middle button 3 times. To make this work you must get into the car and lock the doors also hole the key over you right shoulder, because the ant in inside the right side rear glass.
You are replying to a thread where the last post was over a year ago. The resync procedure was already in post #25 and the extra steps in your procedure are unnecessary and in some E46 body styles is incorrect.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #32
jacksbmw

My Ride: 325 i bmw
i am having door locks problem with my 2001 325i,it keeps on looking by it self, and even when the car is off they keep on locking ,if i try to unlock it ,sometimes the windows go up by themselves moonroof closes and it locks it self , even if the key is in the car or ignition, it will still lock by it self,its like my car is possessed,any one have any tips
jacksbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #33
gonzo08452

My Ride: 02 BMW 325I, 07 TBSS
Mine was doing the same thing but mysteriously fixed itself

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
gonzo08452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #34
BaliDawg

My Ride: 325Ci 530i 750iL
I had a similar problem on an older BMW, a 1993 750iL, and it turned out to be a stuck microswitch inside the passenger door that was actuated by cams on the lock. I haven't dug into the E46 central locking sytem yet, but it sounds like your passenger door might be the culprit. I have seen BMW central locking systems go into a lockdown mode, multiple doors/trunk/gas filler door all locked, when faults occur.

Have you searched this forum for central locking system problems and diagnostics?
BaliDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #35
jacksbmw

My Ride: 325 i bmw
no i haven't, i will look it up now thanks
jacksbmw is offline   Reply With Quote