E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #21
littlegti

My Ride: 2002 330ci conv
Send a message via Skype™ to littlegti
Thanks very much for the video...exactly what I needed to see how to do this...bit of a heat wave here so important job to get done immediately.

Couple of notes:
You don't need to remove the hinge on the glove box...just remove it all as one unit. It's definitely better that way on my 2002 330Cic because there's wires going between the main glovebox and the door of the glovebox...they don't really come out separately. I think it has to do with locking the glove box to prevent the trunk from opening with the valet key.

Also the screws were not missing on your resistor. When you remove the module infront of the resistor you are actually unscrewing the screws for the resistor as well.

Again...thank you very very much as the Bentley manual explanation was really inadequate. Pictures worth 1000 words...video is priceless.
littlegti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
Jarchuleta03

My Ride: 2003 325i
awesome

Thanks for the video got it done in about 20 minutes
Jarchuleta03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 AM   #23
sellsellsell2000

My Ride: E46 seden
Send a message via AIM to sellsellsell2000

BMW /// 323i

OEM M-Tech II front & rear bumper /// Cluster Ring /// Grimace Fog Lights /// CCFL angel eye

330i Diff /// REMUS Exhaust /// Heat Shield Cold Air Intake

sellsellsell2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #24
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Thanks!
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #25
B-Dawg

My Ride: 2010 Cayenne
Just finished swapping mine. This was SO helpful. Particularly the "...this is backbreaking work..." comment in your narrative. It sure is - I was sweating profusely.

One point of note - the first few steps of disassembly can be skipped, the 6 screws holding the glovebox in can be removed first and the entire assembly pulled out in one piece, rather than removing the hinge, the glove box door, then the glove box internals.

I couldn't have tackled this without this DIY. Thanks!!

2010 Cayenne
2001 330i 5mt sedan (sold)
2008 135i 6mt coupe (sold)
2004 330i zhp sedan (sold)
2004 325i 5mt sedan (sold)
B-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #26
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Yup, I think I added a note to the vid on to just skip that step as you said. Thanks again!
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blower, final, frs, fsu, motor, resistor, stage