E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #2461
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quick, someone say something racist to get this thread back on track!
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #2462
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
GZ is a guitly hispanic, they all are.











Too much?
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 12-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #2463
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
GZ is a guitly hispanic, they all are.











Too much?
At least you were accurate and didn't call him white.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 12-08-2012 at 10:26 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #2464
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
No question about it. However, the media is a corrupt institution anyway and they will pay the price. The government officials however, will not and that I have a major problem with.
Talk is cheap.
I think you should run for office.
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 12-08-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #2465
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Talk is cheap.
I think you should run for office.
Nah, never wanted to be a politician. My passion is cars and food.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #2466
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Nah, never wanted to be a politician. My passion is cars and food.
Just a little tip (pun intended, given you're in the restaurant business ): don't lose your day job. LOL
Funny, this is a car forum, yet I've never seen you post about cars.
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 12-08-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #2467
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Just a little tip (pun intended, given you're in the restaurant business ): don't lose your day job. LOL
Funny, this is a car forum, yet I've never seen you post about cars.
Some people, like myself only troll the OT forums, don't have much to post about e46 as I don't have one.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #2468
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
. Second you are now making hypotheticals, things which are irrelevant in court since they can only go by what IS not what could be.
Quoted for ironing.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #2469
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
But in reality only GZ and TM knew the exact details of what happened that night, the rest is speculation.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #2470
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
If I didn't say that he's guilty, what is your point in lecturing me on how he's innocent until proven guilty and that I'm stepping over my words?
Who's contradicting self here?
You are contradicting yourself, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
First of all, the few vocals here were not advocating for his innocence.
Your words: "The fact that you're so adamantly advocating Z's innocence tells me clearly that your opinion is totally biased". You're directly contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
They are strongly opposed to him getting indicted/arrested.
Do you expect them to be strongly in favor of someone they consider innocent getting indicted/arrested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Second, as the trial hasn't happened yet, arrested or not he's still innocent.
Other that Lair's comments (obviously pulling y'all's legs and you falling for it) nobody has claimed that he's guilty. Not even the media. Show me where.

I don't see any issue here, other than you trying to make a tempest out of a glass of water.
Show me where I said anyone said GZ is guilty.

First you said that that people advocating GZ's innocence are biased. In the same statement you said "that's not how our system works".

I pointed out that innocent until proven guilty IS how our system works.

You acted like I claimed you stated GZ is guilty.

Now you say that people aren't advocating GZ's innocence.

And to bring it full circle, you agree that (for the time being) he's innocent.

This tempest is of your own making.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
As a juror, do you think the trial was a publicity stunt?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #2471
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Quoted for ironing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule
But in reality only GZ and TM knew the exact details of what happened that night, the rest is speculation.
one of the smarter things that have been said in this thread

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #2472
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Amazing (considering the source).
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #2473
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Yeah that's a good question! Why didn't he call the cops first, or just run to the house? Was he on the phone with his girlfriend, and wanted to show off or prove to her he was a tough guy, and attacked, or confronted Zimmerman?

Last edited by sfcjetjr; 12-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #2474
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
He stood his his ground when Zimmerman confronted him.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #2475
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 532
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Amazing (considering the source).
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #2476
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
He stood his his ground when Zimmerman confronted him.
Zimmerman never confronted him. There is absolutely no evidence of this happening.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #2477
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
You are contradicting yourself, see below.



Your words: "The fact that you're so adamantly advocating Z's innocence tells me clearly that your opinion is totally biased". You're directly contradicting yourself.



Do you expect them to be strongly in favor of someone they consider innocent getting indicted/arrested?



Show me where I said anyone said GZ is guilty.

First you said that that people advocating GZ's innocence are biased. In the same statement you said "that's not how our system works".

I pointed out that innocent until proven guilty IS how our system works.

You acted like I claimed you stated GZ is guilty.

Now you say that people aren't advocating GZ's innocence.

And to bring it full circle, you agree that (for the time being) he's innocent.

This tempest is of your own making.
You're picking words/sentences out of context and assembling them into your own vignettes and creating your own story board.

My "that's not how the system works" is in reference to someone not being arrested because you believe that he's innocent. Not in reference to someone not being innocent because he was arrested. So your lecturing me without understanding the context is totally off target.
If you want to be literal with words, at least have the decency of getting the context right.

On the highlighted above... that's total BS.
Of course everyone is innocent until proven guilty. So let everyone strongly advocate against the arrest of everyone that's been arrested and waiting for a trial, with the intensity that NFR and others are doing here. Let's call all cops and DAs a$$holes only after political points because they arrested someone that I believe is innocent.
That's a pathetic proposition.

Oh, I remember now... You're the guy who picks on words and misses the meaning.
I see it's pointless to discuss a complex topic with you.
Have a nice day.
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 12-09-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #2478
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Zimmerman never confronted him. There is absolutely no evidence of this happening.
Martin's girlfriends conversation and martins corpse don't constitute evidence.

Got it.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #2479
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Martin's girlfriends conversation and martins corpse don't constitute evidence.

Got it.
Girlfriend is unreliable. Police phone call is and proves otherwise. Dead body means nothing.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #2480
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Martin's girlfriends conversation and martins corpse don't constitute evidence.

Got it.
You're so self-loathing I would swear you are jewish
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use