E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #41
dre5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 26
My Ride: Tiag M3
When at a red light, I check to make sure my Ebrake handle is all the way down (of course it is, since i've been driving a while) after I check..i tend to click it a couple times, just to make sure again,and again. I do like 5 clicks then i stop.
dre5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #42
TArse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 680
My Ride: 03 330xi, 87 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
vid please
Now let me be VERY clear. I am not making fun of my friend at all. He's a great guy and a great musician.
Also I didn't even know he had Tourette's until he told me.

In the video he's sitting down so can really tell when he gets his ticks. But while he's performing live it's hard to notice. If you've ever been to hardcore show you know what I'm talking about.

Vid is also 2+ yrs old and he had only been playing guitar for about a year.


Last edited by TArse; 12-10-2012 at 01:36 AM.
TArse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #43
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
I do and I never realized it until recently. I cannot keep my hands still when I'm just lounging around watching tv or something. I pick hang nails, calluses, play with something lol. I have been playing with silly putty recently because it keeps me busy. I'm a fuucking weirdo. It works wonders when I'm with a girl though. Constant back rubs.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #44
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
1) I bounce my legs a lot while sitting still. They feel weird if they're not moving. I've been told it's restless leg syndrome, but I've never had any official diagnosis. The reason behind it, I'm sure, is all the skating I've done throughout my life.

2) I chew the skin on the sides of my fingernails as a "busy habit" or something. I don't really realize I do it until I'll pulled off a couple sections of skin. No... I don't eat it.

3) I don't make a whole lot of eye contact when talking at times. If I don't know the person very well, I tend to use more body language as if I'm disguising the fact I don't make eye contact.

4) Temperature in my car is set at 68F in the summer, 72F if it's slightly warm or slightly cool, and 75F if it's cold outside. Not sure why, but those are my preset temperatures.

5) I have to have money in my wallet facing the same direction, largest bills in the back, smallest in the front.

6) Clothes in my closet have to face the same direction. For pants, the pant legs have to be on the same side with each pair.

7) I eat one food at a time. The only time I stray from this is when someone says, "Oh, have you tried the [food] yet? It's so good!" I'll eat a quick bite of it to see what they're talking about and go right back to the previous item I was eating.

8) Pens (and other items) have to be facing the same direction when laying on a table. If they're not perfectly in line horizontally or vertically, I correct it.

9) It "feels" weird when I hand someone my pocket knife that I opened and they hand it back to me closed. Like... my nerves are telling me the knife "feels different." It's hard to explain. I fix this by opening the knife again and closing it myself. I then wipe the knife handle off with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling."

9A) When someone hands me something in general, I typically wipe the part they touched with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling." For example... if someone hands me a fork, I'll pinch the handle between my thumb and index finger and swipe it clean, although it was already clean to begin with.

10) If I touch something, I still feel it on my skin until I "brush away the feeling" by rubbing my fingers together or dusting my hands off (even though there's nothing there).

That's all I can think of for now...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #45
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
1) I bounce my legs a lot while sitting still. They feel weird if they're not moving. I've been told it's restless leg syndrome, but I've never had any official diagnosis. The reason behind it, I'm sure, is all the skating I've done throughout my life.

2) I chew the skin on the sides of my fingernails as a "busy habit" or something. I don't really realize I do it until I'll pulled off a couple sections of skin. No... I don't eat it.

3) I don't make a whole lot of eye contact when talking at times. If I don't know the person very well, I tend to use more body language as if I'm disguising the fact I don't make eye contact.

4) Temperature in my car is set at 68F in the summer, 72F if it's slightly warm or slightly cool, and 75F if it's cold outside. Not sure why, but those are my preset temperatures.

5) I have to have money in my wallet facing the same direction, largest bills in the back, smallest in the front.

6) Clothes in my closet have to face the same direction. For pants, the pant legs have to be on the same side with each pair.

7) I eat one food at a time. The only time I stray from this is when someone says, "Oh, have you tried the [food] yet? It's so good!" I'll eat a quick bite of it to see what they're talking about and go right back to the previous item I was eating.

8) Pens (and other items) have to be facing the same direction when laying on a table. If they're not perfectly in line horizontally or vertically, I correct it.

9) It "feels" weird when I hand someone my pocket knife that I opened and they hand it back to me closed. Like... my nerves are telling me the knife "feels different." It's hard to explain. I fix this by opening the knife again and closing it myself. I then wipe the knife handle off with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling."

9A) When someone hands me something in general, I typically wipe the part they touched with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling." For example... if someone hands me a fork, I'll pinch the handle between my thumb and index finger and swipe it clean, although it was already clean to begin with.

10) If I touch something, I still feel it on my skin until I "brush away the feeling" by rubbing my fingers together or dusting my hands off (even though there's nothing there).

That's all I can think of for now...
same here
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 855
My Ride: S2000
A lot of these things seem to come from a lack of confidence and excessive worrying.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #47
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
A lot of these things seem to come from a lack of confidence and excessive worrying.
Lack of confidence? Eh... it's hit or miss. It all depends on what I'm doing.

Excessive worrying? Understatement. Once the general manager of the company retires, they're going to rain holy hell down on me. See... he's always had my back and helped out whenever he could. Once he goes, though, I might as well quit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #48
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 855
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Lack of confidence? Eh... it's hit or miss. It all depends on what I'm doing.

Excessive worrying? Understatement. Once the general manager of the company retires, they're going to rain holy hell down on me. See... he's always had my back and helped out whenever he could. Once he goes, though, I might as well quit.
Well, bacteria isn't that much of a concern in a statistical sense.

The ebrake, sure you can check it once or twice, but no need for more than that.

__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #49
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Well, bacteria isn't that much of a concern in a statistical sense.

The ebrake, sure you can check it once or twice, but no need for more than that.

I thought you were referring to my post... my apologies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #50
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 855
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
I thought you were referring to my post... my apologies.
not specifically, you're just weird
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #51
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
not specifically, you're just weird
Maybe... just... a little?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #52
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
The eye contact thing is definitely confidence. I make it a point to look everyone in the eye when talking to them no matter who it is and I can't stand when someone doesn't look me in the eye. If you have trouble actually looking into their eyes, stare in between their eyebrows.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #53
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
you guys are fvcked up.
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #54
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
1) I bounce my legs a lot while sitting still. They feel weird if they're not moving. I've been told it's restless leg syndrome, but I've never had any official diagnosis. The reason behind it, I'm sure, is all the skating I've done throughout my life.

2) I chew the skin on the sides of my fingernails as a "busy habit" or something. I don't really realize I do it until I'll pulled off a couple sections of skin. No... I don't eat it.

3) I don't make a whole lot of eye contact when talking at times. If I don't know the person very well, I tend to use more body language as if I'm disguising the fact I don't make eye contact.

4) Temperature in my car is set at 68F in the summer, 72F if it's slightly warm or slightly cool, and 75F if it's cold outside. Not sure why, but those are my preset temperatures.

5) I have to have money in my wallet facing the same direction, largest bills in the back, smallest in the front.

6) Clothes in my closet have to face the same direction. For pants, the pant legs have to be on the same side with each pair.

7) I eat one food at a time. The only time I stray from this is when someone says, "Oh, have you tried the [food] yet? It's so good!" I'll eat a quick bite of it to see what they're talking about and go right back to the previous item I was eating.

8) Pens (and other items) have to be facing the same direction when laying on a table. If they're not perfectly in line horizontally or vertically, I correct it.

9) It "feels" weird when I hand someone my pocket knife that I opened and they hand it back to me closed. Like... my nerves are telling me the knife "feels different." It's hard to explain. I fix this by opening the knife again and closing it myself. I then wipe the knife handle off with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling."

9A) When someone hands me something in general, I typically wipe the part they touched with my hands to "clean off the weird feeling." For example... if someone hands me a fork, I'll pinch the handle between my thumb and index finger and swipe it clean, although it was already clean to begin with.

10) If I touch something, I still feel it on my skin until I "brush away the feeling" by rubbing my fingers together or dusting my hands off (even though there's nothing there).

That's all I can think of for now...
Dang man I've got several of those. Have you been tempted to do drugs? I know people who do drugs to suppress their OCD because it affects their life so much.
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #56
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Dang man I've got several of those. Have you been tempted to do drugs? I know people who do drugs to suppress their OCD because it affects their life so much.
I don't know whether to laugh or if you're expressing a legitimate idea. I can see how smoking a bowl might help, but it doesn't appeal to me. My life isn't really affected by these things... it's just stuff I do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #57
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Nothing is a disorder until it causes a problem.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 12-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #58
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
 
tock172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,921
My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Before I leave my house/office I have to check and make sure I have everything with me a few times. In the past I've missed things I meant to put away or forgotten something I wanted to bring with. I feel I'm just being certain but sometimes I do it a few more times than I need to because I just can't recall seeing a certain item.

I have a lot of the same habits that others have posted. I don't really see any of them causing problems. I work with a few individuals who are way worse. This one woman eats with gloves on and everything in her office is lined up perfectly. Another guy has a notebook full of instructions on how to do everything his job entails, down to how to make a copy on the copy machine.
__________________


1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881


Last edited by tock172; 12-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #59
Silversixspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 85
My Ride: Too many to list
Every time I leave my house, my car, work, etc I check all three pockets to make sure I've got my keys, phone, and wallet. Not totally abnormal, but I check like 4-5 times.
I definitely have a "shower routine" as previously mentioned, as well as a "morning routine" that if anything happens out of order, I feel as if my day is going to be ruined.
I feel the need to do things in sets of 3. Example - Sometimes when I walk, I count my steps in sets of 3.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #60
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
I forgot about the one that bothers me the most, maybe one of you can relate:

Before I do anything, even something trivial like walk to another room, I do a quick mental check of the most efficient way of doing it. Say I'm walking into a room to get something. I'll quickly think, is there anything else that needs to be done in there? Oh yeah, I need to charge my phone. where's my phone? Would it be quicker to walk to the room, get what I need, walk back, look for the phone, and then charge it? Or would I be better off looking for the phone now so I don't have to make two trips to the room? How long will it take to look for the phone now? How important is that thing I have to get?

Whenever I get things from the refrigerator or pantry I'll get irritated if I don't get everything I need at once because otherwise I'm wasting time having to go back and get what I left the first time, even though it might only be a matter of turning around.

Throwing things in the trash can: Would it be quicker to toss what I have here or will I have more trash when I'm done doing whatever it is I'm doing? Should I just wait and throw everything away at once?

This all happens in a couple seconds or less, but it gets really old.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 12-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use