E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
rwh330CiC

My Ride: 330CiC 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Was that ever available on verts? That interior would look sexy in my 04 Silver Gray convertible
My silver 2001 330 vert has Tanin red interior, looks very cool and attracts a lot of attention.
Bob
rwh330CiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Was that ever available on verts? That interior would look sexy in my 04 Silver Gray convertible
yep, member TKC has it on his cabrio too.
here is a link to another cabrio with it to view.
http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44194

interesting how some colors most original buyers hate are some that later ones people want. BMW has had this color available ever since the E30.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Auto Trans with 160k... Don't do it man...
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
choxor

My Ride: JDM
I stand corrected about that interior not coming with the car. I assumed it was imola, I had forgotten about tannin. I can't tell the difference between the two now.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
soulchild

My Ride: 00' Civic si (DD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I hope you aren't replacing the lotus for a E46....
Im keeping the lotus. I dont want two manual trannys so im lookin for auto. Is bmw auto really that bad at high milage? Imma have a mechanic chk it out before.

*Trck Pak, Tour Pak, Harness Bar, Moroso Pan, Race Flywheel/Tranny, Shift Linkage Brace, RTD brace, LSD, Polk/Kenwood Audio, rear cam.
soulchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
E46MBM

My Ride: Fly B Laguna Seca M3
I would not get it. Miles are a bit high for me, plus I would not buy an auto.

I think you can find a similar car for around the same price if not cheaper, keep on checkin CL.
E46MBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
I stand corrected about that interior not coming with the car. I assumed it was imola, I had forgotten about tannin. I can't tell the difference between the two now.

Tanin Red is a darker more brown red, it's in the non-m Montana Leather thicker grain.
Imola Red is much brighter in person and it's the Nappa Leather which is smooth leather grain as on the Ms and has more shine to it's color and more supple.

anyway i've taken this guy's thread way off topic. sorry.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 12-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Looks like a nice car. Regarding the automatic/step transmission, if it were to crap on you it will whether it was at 50k miles or 150k miles. Get it checked and if it passes and you like it, buy it.
That is a rare color combination.

However, lack of xenons is a bit disappointing. Also, if it doesnt have heated seats I wouldnt buy it. I dont know where your location is, but for me heated seat is a must.

For the people who are saying it is too much to pay for that car and all; Come on fellows, how much would you sell your own car for? May be the owner did take care of it and everything is immaculate. If that is the case that car is underpriced.

People appreciate automatic transmission for city driving(me, I wont give up my auto for anything. 80 miles everyday in bumper to bumper traffic is not something that I would like to be shifting all the time). I smoke, I drink my coffee and I can put my hand to better use while I am driving. BMW automatic transmissions are pretty smooth and its shift logic is far superior to similar cars of that era.
For a track car or weekend car or for the less traffic area I prefer manual, but for a long slow daily commute, I would take an auto anyday.

OP, if you are buying it as a DD and PPI checks out you should buy it(if you like it).
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #29
choxor

Guess it's just one of those things that's hard to tell from pictures.

Still wouldn't buy that car, though. Automatic being the biggest reason. I dig the interior, but if you're really after a 4-door settling for a coupe just because of the interior color doesn't seem like the best move.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
soulchild

Thanks for the replies!
I hope a lot of people arent hating on the auto just because they have a stick. I live in cali so i dont need heated seats. I would think an auto has less abuse than stick because of accidental mis-shifts and running at higher rpms.

*Trck Pak, Tour Pak, Harness Bar, Moroso Pan, Race Flywheel/Tranny, Shift Linkage Brace, RTD brace, LSD, Polk/Kenwood Audio, rear cam.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
choxor

I'm not an auto hater. It's just the issues that can crop up with auto transmissions with high mileage would make me wary.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchild View Post
Thanks for the replies!
I hope a lot of people arent hating on the auto just because they have a stick. I live in cali so i dont need heated seats. I would think an auto has less abuse than stick because of accidental mis-shifts and running at higher rpms.
+1
abused transmission is abused whether manual or auto.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
No. E46 with an automatic transmission is just a bad decision.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci
Get that oil leak diagnosed first - everything is fixable

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Saintluk2

My Ride: 2000 323i sedan
take it for a test drive ! There are some symptoms of an "aging" auto. Engagement from P to D will be extended (1-2 seconds). WOT up through the gears will show any slippage. If the owners changed the fluids and didn't spank it like a monkey you should be good. Also you should inquire maintenance. Perhaps the transmission was already rebuilt.
Saintluk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
soulchild

Just saw it. Dent on the edge of driver door and engine light was on. Told him i wanted to get the light chked out tomorrw but now im not too sure on the deal.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
I would go to Home Depot, buy a pair of cutters, and snip that silly stick protruding from the center console.

pass

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #38
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
removed link to ad. no longer active

Last edited by Poncho@home; 12-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
+1
abused transmission is abused whether manual or auto.
yes, but USUALLY a abused Manual trans still has good gearing, but a toasted clutch--Which is MUCH easier to replace than rebuilding or swapping a abused automatic trans... Plus, AT is BORRRRRING!