E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #121
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
i have a version 5 is that a d90 or d95 unit?

Kyle
d90

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #122
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Thanks. Can I have a link to the new D99 tread? I think I am going to buy one soon from Jeff
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #123
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=895068

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #124
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Jeff, can I have a link to the D95 thread?
Also, can I have a link to your website?
And a link to google?
Got a link for facebook?
And twitter while you're at it?
thanks

Last edited by Darkoz; 04-16-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #125
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Jeff, can I have a link to the D95 thread?
Also, can I have a link to your website?
And a link to google?
Got a link for facebook?
And twitter while you're at it?
thanks
@Darkoz
Stop hammering the poor man
Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #126
2005e46coupe

My Ride: 2005 325 Ci Coupe
Someone Help!

I bought a Dynavin D95 Android for my BMW E46 2005 Coupe and I'm having some key problems that have caused me to regret buying the unit in the first place

1. *Unit makes LOUD popping/cracking sound in google maps & iGo through speakers. Whenever the person speaks it makes this awful pop. BIGGEST PROBLEM. The sound is awful in the navigation and its this cracking, popping sound thats driving me nuts had i known it was this bad I wouldn't have bought it

2. *Unit is way too loud in google maps even though its the lowest it can go on the settings without it being muted and it's going to blow my harmon kardon speakers.

3. *I had someone install it and they tested out the gmail and all that in doing so they added a gmail account and now I can't remove it. *It's saying it's linked to personal data even though I cleared it in the privacy settings.

4. *Bought a new SD card because my other one has the maps on it to update the firmware. It doesn't work

Can someone help fix this?
2005e46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #127
SrdjanV

My Ride: BMW E46 330 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to SrdjanV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005e46coupe View Post
I bought a Dynavin D95 Android for my BMW E46 2005 Coupe and I'm having some key problems that have caused me to regret buying the unit in the first place

1. *Unit makes LOUD popping/cracking sound in google maps & iGo through speakers. Whenever the person speaks it makes this awful pop. BIGGEST PROBLEM. The sound is awful in the navigation and its this cracking, popping sound thats driving me nuts had i known it was this bad I wouldn't have bought it

2. *Unit is way too loud in google maps even though its the lowest it can go on the settings without it being muted and it's going to blow my harmon kardon speakers.

3. *I had someone install it and they tested out the gmail and all that in doing so they added a gmail account and now I can't remove it. *It's saying it's linked to personal data even though I cleared it in the privacy settings.

4. *Bought a new SD card because my other one has the maps on it to update the firmware. It doesn't work

Can someone help fix this?

Hi,

I had so many problems with my unit in the beginning and I hated it. There is absolutely no support from Dynavin and the manuals sucks, but once you fix everything by yourself by googling and beeing here on this forum the unit is just fantastic. I will try to help you out in the same way I solved my problems:

1. By default it has seperate volume controls on Navi and WinCE side. In the unit's setting on WinCE side, go to sound settings and disable the Navigation setting. This will solve the problem with loud sound and etc.

2. See above. In addition, set the google maps sound setting bar to middle, that is how I have it.

3. I have actually not had any gmail account installed on my unit when I bought it but if you say you cannot uninstall it, then, maybe, the simpliest solution is to update the unit with latest Android firmware from Dynavins website. That will fix the problem for sure. BUT, there might be other solution. Instead of waiting for other to reply or searching the net you will just loose time, so I would do the firmware update. Just take a backup of everyting.

4. To update the firmware you need your 2 GB SD received from Dynavin or any other 2 GB SD cards. My was in some way wrongly formatted from the store so I had to reformat the card by myself. To do so you need to format the 2 GB SD card as FAT and set as primary and ACTIVE. Put the Android firmware files on the flash cards ROOT and insert the card to your unit. Because you set your card ac Active and primary, it will trigger the update process when you start your unit. Press Navi button to see the update process.
SrdjanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #128
2005e46coupe

Thank you it all worked except the gmail and updating it. It still won't let me update the firmware. I followed the instructions and still nothing
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #129
SrdjanV

My Ride: BMW E46 330 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to SrdjanV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005e46coupe View Post
Thank you it all worked except the gmail and updating it. It still won't let me update the firmware. I followed the instructions and still nothing
You are just doing something wrong:

It is very important that you use a 2GB microSD card and format it as DOS FAT and set it as ACTIVE (Primary Boot). When you set it as active, the Dynavin unit will be able to start the boot files that are requared for the update. Mine card was totally empty because I formatted it but I had to take backup of all files I had on it. It is easier to just have a blank microSD card for update process.

Download the zip file from Dynavin's site:
http://c269183.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/release_20111209.zip

Extract the files and make sure you are showing all hidden files. When you copy to your microSD root, don't make any folders or anything. Just copy the files that are extracted from the zip file.

When done, insert the card in your Dynavin and start the unit. Press Navi button to see the update process. Don't turn off the unit during update and wait until it will automatically restart itself.

These steps must work. If they don't, you are missing something...probably the correct format of your microSD card.

Good luck!

Last edited by SrdjanV; 04-30-2012 at 01:50 PM.
SrdjanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #130
2005e46coupe

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I really can't thank you enough. I appreciate it a lot

I'll give it a go and let you know
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #131
dgreen78

My Ride: 00' 323i
Questions on the D95 Android unit.

-I cannot get the unit to sort or name tracks using my Iphone 4S (V6.0). Is this version supported? I can get it to play but it just acts as an aux input

-I cannot get the USB port to play files either. I am thinking my flashdrive might not be compatible with the Dynavin?

-I was told on the Android side the unit will play music files on the MiniCD card? I tried searching around but cant find out how to do this?

And yes I tried searching for my answers
Old 05-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #132
Foxington

My Ride: 330i
Having a lot of trouble with a D95 that the prior owner installed:

-There's a microusb to usb port in the glovebox, but it's not reading any usb I plug in.

-My android phone refuses to interface with the system when it's plugged in.

-I can't get the trunk mounted CD cassette to eject at all.

Does anyone know this system well? There's no user manual and it feels like I'm shooting in the dark trying to make this work.