E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #201
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Enjoy the holidays everyone! They're so pagan in nature that Christians outlawed them back in the day but most of today's Christians actually believe it's a "religious" holiday
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #202
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
Enjoy the holidays everyone! They're so pagan in nature that Christians outlawed them back in the day but most of today's Christians actually believe it's a "religious" holiday
I was under the impression that most Americans actually believe it is a seasonal American holiday these days, like 4th of July or Thanksgiving.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #203
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I was under the impression that most Americans actually believe it is a seasonal American holiday these days, like 4th of July or Thanksgiving.
You've gotta be kidding

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #204
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
All people are made of several different kinds of pudding. It's what your carcass is filled with. That's why humans (all mammals, actually) are so soft and cuddly.
If my arm is made of pudding, coyote ugly just got to be less of a problem.

I just hope its not tapioca.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #205
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
You've gotta be kidding
That's how I see it, that's how the malls see it, that's how the credit card companies see it.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #206
evolved

Quote:
That's how I see it, that's how the malls see it, that's how the credit card companies see it.
As soon as it's not called Christmas anymore, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

As soon as millions of people stop going to mass on Christmas day, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

As soon as I stop seeing plastic baby jesus birth scenes in peoples front yards, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

Etc., etc., so on, and so forth.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #207
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq
"F**k off" is my personal preferred response to the damn fools that go about with "merry christmas" on their lips. Especially for those Salvation Army bell ringers. Can't stand those annoying b@$tards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iPilot View Post
Merry Christmas fukker!
So, in the spirit of the "holidays", let me just say "F**k off"

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #208
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Holy sh!t, you are one rotten old man. Seems life got the best of you.
I get the best of life. In part, because I don't do things I don't believe in just to pacify other people or be "part of the crowd". I don't do guilt either. That puts me way ahead of most people in getting the best of life.

I am a big believer in celebrating important holidays. The FA Cup final, The Super Bowl, March Madness, The World Cup (once every four years), and Sid Vicious' birthday.

And it 'its the season.......Bowl Season. 35 of them in total. The New Mexico Bowl and The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl today.

Quote:
that's what happens when you live in a closet
You obviously have first hand knowledge of closets AofG. You are certainly enthralled by other men's sexuality. (which is very creepy, btw) Anybody who knows me will tell you, I don't even own a closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
All people are made of several different kinds of pudding. It's what your carcass is filled with. That's why humans (all mammals, actually) are so soft and cuddly.

My very best wishes to you and your family V.D.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #209
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post

I am a big believer in celebrating important holidays. The FA Cup final, The Super Bowl, March Madness, The World Cup (once every four years), and Sid Vicious' birthday
i agree. and how the fvck did you forget the champion's league final and euro final.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #210
Wraisil

Quote:
As soon as it's not called Christmas anymore, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

As soon as millions of people stop going to mass on Christmas day, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

As soon as I stop seeing plastic baby jesus birth scenes in peoples front yards, I'll start to believe that it's a pagan holiday.

Etc., etc., so on, and so forth.
As soon as you open your eyes, you'll see that the majority of the world does not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. As soon as you do some research, you'll learn that the overwhelming majority of your "religious" holiday are just pagan traditions carried on. Pagan traditions that Christians used to hate so much they were actually banned by law. You get to sing "Christmas Carols" because pagans once sang and danced and fornicated in the streets this time of year

Barely 1/3rd of the world believes in Christianity. The vast majority of people on the planet aren't celebrating some religious holiday on December 25th, including many Christians.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #211
evolved

Quote:
As soon as you open your eyes, you'll see that the majority of the world does not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. As soon as you do some research, you'll learn that the overwhelming majority of your "religious" holiday are just pagan traditions carried on. Pagan traditions that Christians used to hate so much they were actually banned by law. You get to sing "Christmas Carols" because pagans once sang and danced and fornicated in the streets this time of year

Barely 1/3rd of the world believes in Christianity. The vast majority of people on the planet aren't celebrating some religious holiday on December 25th, including many Christians.
My eyes open and close just fine. Also, I'm aware of all of this.

However, to say that Christmas isn't a Christian holiday baffles me.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 12-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #212
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i agree. and how the fvck did you forget the champion's league final and euro final.
Being a Chelsea supporter since the early 80's the only Champs finals I can watch are when we play in them. So that is not every year. (Like this this one ) But, last year was epic.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #213
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:

There is a difference between the American background of the holiday and the rituals of the holiday (the VAST majority of which have strong pagan roots.)
But, saying Christmas is not a a religious holiday within the US is like saying Easter isn't either.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #214
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Being a Chelsea supporter since the early 80's the only Champs finals I can watch are when we play in them. So that is not every year. (Like this this one ) But, last year was epic.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #215
Wraisil

Quote:
There is a difference between the American background of the holiday and the rituals of the holiday (the VAST majority of which have strong pagan roots.)
But, saying Christmas is not a a religious holiday within the US is like saying Easter isn't either.
Oh, so if someone goes to Church that day (or the day before) and puts out one decoration that is religious (maybe...) out of many, and the other 99% of the holiday has absolutely nothing to do with religion for the overwhelming majority (of people I have met in the past 35 years) of people, I'm supposed to call that a "religious" holiday? It's a party (that early Christians denounced), that Christians realized they were missing out on and got to be accepted because some religious folks decided it was "okay" to do all that pagan stuff as long as they said it had a different meaning. It's a sham perpetrated by Christians on Christians for the sake of enjoying the same stuff the rest of society got to enjoy.

Go to an elementary school, middle school, or junior high across America. Then poll all the kids as to what they're doing for the holiday and I'll bet "celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ" will be at or near the bottom of the poll results (supposing it even makes the list). Even kids know that it isn't about some religious thing.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #216
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
My eyes open and close just fine. Also, I'm aware of all of this.

However, to say that Christmas isn't a Christian holiday baffles me.
What Bible verse establishes the custom of erecting and decorating a tree? What Bible verse does Santa Claus come from? Rudolph? Egg nog? Mistletoe?

Winter solstice holiday celebrations have been occurring in a zillion iterations since long before people created Christianity.

Yes, the US is majority Christian. And yes, their current version of this long-standing holiday is to use it to celebrate the alleged birth of their deity's human form.

However, to say that Christmas isn't a Christian holiday is to recognize that it was not always that way, someday it will no longer be that way, and it's currently that way to only some of the population, anyway.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #217
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
2 liberals getting ready to go at it...this could be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #218
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
And you support whom?

Carefree!!! Wherever we may be! We are the famous CFC! We don't give a f**k whoever you may be, we are the famous CFC!!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #219
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
And you support whom?

Carefree!!! Wherever we may be! We are the famous CFC! We don't give a f**k whoever you may be, we are the famous CFC!!
United since the late 80's.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #220
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Christmas isn't a christian holiday? That means no issues with christmas trees in school right?