E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

View Poll Results: should firearms be banned/regulated?
Yes 11 6.51%
Fvck No 100 59.17%
There should be more regulations but not taken away completely 36 21.30%
I dont care 4 2.37%
I agree with JonJon 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
5ynd1cat3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 475
My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphhpa View Post
You are seriously the biggest idiot here. This is an opinion thread. I state my opinion and you tell me I'm wrong? Seriously if you're that ignorant and think you have the right to tell some that THEIR opinion is wrong.. Re-evaluate your purpose in life kid.
He's right. Get over yourself. You're not as smart as your mother said you were.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
__________________
5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #42
bigugly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: southwest
Posts: 215
My Ride: things that go fast.
aphhpa: i want to give you some FACTS, not opinions.

I can also give you sources on my FACTS, not opinions...... although i tend to agree with Kaput on his opinion of you, but thats besides the point

FACT: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.”

FACT: Only 1.4% of recovered crime weapons are models covered under the 1994 “assault weapons” ban

FACT: 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.

FACT: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.

FACT: In 1968, the U.K. passed laws that reduced the number of licensed firearm owners, and thus reduced firearm availability. U.K. homicide rates have steadily risen since then. Ironically, firearm use in crimes has DOUBLED in the decade after the U.K. banned handguns.






We do not need to go after the gun- as it is just a tool.
__________________
fabrication is meditation

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #43
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,743
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
We have strict drug laws in the US, and we certainly don't have any problems with drug use or drug trafficking.
Laws don't stop violence. Fear of retribution, however, works quite well.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
5ynd1cat3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 475
My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
aphhpa: i want to give you some FACTS, not opinions.

I can also give you sources on my FACTS, not opinions...... although i tend to agree with Kaput on his opinion of you, but thats besides the point

FACT: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.”

FACT: Only 1.4% of recovered crime weapons are models covered under the 1994 “assault weapons” ban

FACT: 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.

FACT: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.

FACT: In 1968, the U.K. passed laws that reduced the number of licensed firearm owners, and thus reduced firearm availability. U.K. homicide rates have steadily risen since then. Ironically, firearm use in crimes has DOUBLED in the decade after the U.K. banned handguns.






We do not need to go after the gun- as it is just a tool.
Quit it with the actual facts already. This isn't about facts, it's about emotion. I just heard CNN suggest that police officers be posted at schools to make kids feel safe. It's not about actual safety but the ruse and illusion of safety.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
__________________
5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #45
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
 
tock172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,884
My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
As a Libertarian I believe people should do whatever the fuck they want
Couldn't agree more.


Absolutely no other human being on this earth has the right to dictate what I may or may not posses. It doesn't matter if it's an assault rifle or a piece of cheesecake.
__________________


1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,743
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
A cop at every school... I wonder who is going to pay for the extra officers they'd have to hire?
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Couldn't agree more.


Absolutely no other human being on this earth has the right to dictate what I may or may not posses. It doesn't matter if it's an assault rifle or a piece of cheesecake.
Most cheesecake is an insult to cheesecake. Some of it should be banned.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #48
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
A cop at every school... I wonder who is going to pay for the extra officers they'd have to hire?
Obama bucks foo'!
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
dreamdrivedrift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY --> Baltimore, MD
Posts: 6,460
My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Couldn't agree more.


Absolutely no other human being on this earth has the right to dictate what I may or may not posses. It doesn't matter if it's an assault rifle or a piece of cheesecake.
That train of thought always works until you include other people into the picture.
__________________
Chris
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #50
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,167
Some people just have it in their mind that "assault" rifles are the thing to blame, when it's really themselves.
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #51
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphhpa View Post
You're an idiot. It's a simple argument because its a simple answer. No, citizens should not be able to own assault rifles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphhpa View Post
You are seriously the biggest idiot here. This is an opinion thread. I state my opinion and you tell me I'm wrong? Seriously if you're that ignorant and think you have the right to tell some that THEIR opinion is wrong.. Re-evaluate your purpose in life kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphhpa View Post
Same to you.
You're entitled to your opinion as everyone is. You're confusing our right for speech for validity. Just because you speak an opinion, doesn't mean it's the correct one. Until you provide anecdotal evidence stating that buying an 'assault rifle' increases your chances of becoming a serial killer, your argument is terrible.

Until then, according to your logic, anyone that can buy a bolt-action can assassinate a president.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 12-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.
CollinsE90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #52
Saintluk2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N.J.
Posts: 498
My Ride: 2000 323i sedan
I don't think you need to ban guns. Just increase the requirements for obtaining a license. Put in a $3,000 license fee (other costs not included). Increase background checks to immediate family members and enforce adequate storage responsibilities for increased risk license holders. How does that look ?
Saintluk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,758
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintluk2 View Post
I don't think you need to ban guns. Just increase the requirements for obtaining a license. Put in a $3,000 license fee (other costs not included). Increase background checks to immediate family members and enforce adequate storage responsibilities for increased risk license holders. How does that look ?
Why should I spend $3000 for a license fee. We should make beer cost $75 a bottle to help stop drunk drivers and cars have a $5000 background check to make sure the person doesn't have a record of drinking and driving.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #54
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,288
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
So a de facto ban on guns then. Just as effective and worthwhile as an actual one.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #55
bigugly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: southwest
Posts: 215
My Ride: things that go fast.
why would you make it COST money for a right i should be freely able to use?


do i have to charge you every time you speak? Should you have to pay for a human right that you were born with?

I already have to pay 200 dollars for class III weapons and items, the cost is rediculous.


i will agree that a background check could be better for mentaly unstable individuals, and CHL owners should have to pass a more rigourous shooting practical, with traning be mandatory-
__________________
fabrication is meditation

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
bigugly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: southwest
Posts: 215
My Ride: things that go fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
So a de facto ban on guns then. Just as effective and worthwhile as an actual one.
yup, cause a ban on drugs really works, huh?
__________________
fabrication is meditation

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #57
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,756
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintluk2 View Post
I don't think you need to ban guns. Just increase the requirements for obtaining a license. Put in a $3,000 license fee (other costs not included). Increase background checks to immediate family members and enforce adequate storage responsibilities for increased risk license holders. How does that look ?
Such a requirement would restrict lawful use of firearms for self defense to the privileged few with money to afford what would essentially be a tax. The second amendment extends to every citizen of the US, not just the privileged. So that doesn't work.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #58
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintluk2 View Post
I don't think you need to ban guns. Just increase the requirements for obtaining a license. Put in a $3,000 license fee (other costs not included). Increase background checks to immediate family members and enforce adequate storage responsibilities for increased risk license holders. How does that look ?
Maybe a $10,000 driver's certification that makes sure the driver is capable of driving an M3, since it has the potantial to become lethal. Add that to a $6000 "sports car license" and a $3200 annual tax. Those pesky teens and their STIs are responsible for a lot of deaths.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #59
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintluk2 View Post
I don't think you need to ban guns. Just increase the requirements for obtaining a license. Put in a $3,000 license fee (other costs not included). Increase background checks to immediate family members and enforce adequate storage responsibilities for increased risk license holders. How does that look ?
It looks hilarious to anyone with common sense

Hi! I just stole a gun from someone for free

So... Who does it hurt to make all these requirement mandatory for?
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #60
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
yup, cause a ban on drugs really works, huh?
Did you duck, cause that went right over your head.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use