E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #101
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
You should pick up a book about investments and no where in that book will it say that a car is an investment. Perhaps the OP purchased the car so he can simply enjoy it. Even if he's not going to drive the car for a year he'll still be modding and addressing maintenance issues. I hate when people are in the market for cars and right away think of ways they can resell and unload the car. I buy my weekend cars based on enjoyment, I purchase my dailys based on reliability. For investments I throw my money into other things.

Beautiful car OP, enjoy it in good health bro
When i saw that comment too i was thinking the same thing. I bought this particular 330i because i loved the package and the imola red exterior. I have never purchased any vehicle as an investment but to simply enjoy and drive the car because owning bmw's is my hobby. Also some people were saying "Stop buying mods and do maintenance" and its dumb because i have already done most of the maintenance anyway it just wasnt my first priority because the car is just sitting and not being driven. Anyways i replaced the valve cover gasket, New rotors and pads, Fuel pump Gasket, and countless other things so take that. haha
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #102
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
You and I have a lot in common !! I absolutely love the porter cable. Ive messed around with a few other buffers but the PC was my favorite to work with. The Meguiars is a great combo, the 105 and 205 work flawlessly. I usually use the Eizenett Glanz Wax (sp?) and it will give my white car that wet showroom look. I would ditch the microfiber towel for drying and get a cheap leaf blower. With all of those products on the car the water will literally sheet away once the air from the blower hits it.

I have a hard time seeing swirls on my car while I was performing paint correction. I had to buy a hologen lamp and that really helped me out.
Yeah I love the porter cable. I started literally from scratch and watched alot of youtube videos and read alot on the forums. Now I love doing it so much that i have started my own detailing business and its great.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #103
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
beautiful, went through all the pages and love the progression. Im wondering how those ESM wheels would look with BMW center caps. I've been trying to sel my ACS Type III's so I can get a set of BBS LM's for a while
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #104
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
beautiful, went through all the pages and love the progression. Im wondering how those ESM wheels would look with BMW center caps. I've been trying to sel my ACS Type III's so I can get a set of BBS LM's for a while
Thanks i appreciate it. I have been sick all this time and im just feeling better today but its snowing and freezing outside so im still waiting to take some more pictures! hah anyway, yeah about the center caps i thought about that too but i decided not to change them because i think the blue in bmw's logo would look tacky against the silver on the wheels and the contrast of the red exterior.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #105
bienvenido

My Ride: 330i zhp 2004
Nice zhp

One of my fav color on zhp car alpine white and that red Love how clean ur car looks By the way how is ur coilover Holding up ??
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #106
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienvenido View Post
One of my fav color on zhp car alpine white and that red Love how clean ur car looks By the way how is ur coilover Holding up ??
The coilovers are holding up great. I took the car out yesterday and its stiff and slightly bumpy but only over bumps of course. So far so good and adjusting them is very easy.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #107
krautuner

My Ride: 2001 325IT(sold)
I really like this car, nice work!
krautuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #108
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautuner View Post
I really like this car, nice work!
Thanks brotha . Im so sick of this crappy weather and its snowing still. I'm gonna take some pictures today anyways of the car in the garage. Ill snap some pics of everything including the inside of my car. Be back in a bit stay tuned!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #109
dinan19

Update With Lots Of Pictures!

Well here's an update of my car with a whole bunch of pictures that i took today. I took shots of the interior, engine bay, exterior and everything basically. Enjoy!

P.S. Things you'll find in the pictures.

Angel eyes
Polished exhaust tips
shift knob
Coby wheel and armrest wrap
cube trim and seats
All clear corner lights
AFE Intake
Wheels
Cross drilled/Slotted rotors

Everything else is self explanitory.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #110
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Nice! I am not a fan of a slammed car but I have to say that I do love the rims and you do awesome detail work on the paint! I would love to find a nice Imola red M3 one day.

Again... Great job! Keep it up!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #111
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
Your car is inspirational. Beautiful car and choice parts.
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #112
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsv View Post
Your car is inspirational. Beautiful car and choice parts.
Thanks my friend Im trying by best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
Nice! I am not a fan of a slammed car but I have to say that I do love the rims and you do awesome detail work on the paint! I would love to find a nice Imola red M3 one day.

Again... Great job! Keep it up!
Thanks! I tried to find the digital camera but i think i lost it so the cell phone pics really dont do the car justice.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #113
Vincent_m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Its a nice buy if your telling us the right price. having your license revoke, im just wondering your monthly insurance will be.:banghead

Last edited by Vincent_m3; 12-31-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Vincent_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #114
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_m3 View Post
Its a nice buy if your telling us the right price. having your license revoke, im just wondering your monthly insurance will be.:banghead
It is the right price. . I bought the car for $8700 and then spent another $1500 to get the car shipped from Mass to idaho. Then i lost count after all the mods and maintenance, Im into it quite a bit already. Aside from the mods, I have replaced the Valve cover gasket, Fresh oil change, new brakes and pads, Fuel pump leak due to improper gasket seating from PO and a few other things.

Oh and insurance is prolly going to be around $300 a month on my SR22. Thats about what i was paying back when i had my Z4.

Last edited by dinan19; 12-31-2012 at 09:09 PM.
dinan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #115
Miggie29

My Ride: 330CI
WOW!! love what you have done to your car..looks sexy as hell..what are the specs on your wheels? im thinking about getting the same ones and there are a few choices on offset on ESM' site..i really like how your car sits.
Miggie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #116
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggie29 View Post
WOW!! love what you have done to your car..looks sexy as hell..what are the specs on your wheels? im thinking about getting the same ones and there are a few choices on offset on ESM' site..i really like how your car sits.
For sure bro.

ESM 004:

F 19x8.5 +35 offset

R 19x9.5 +40 offset

Get those offsets and nothing lower because it wont fit in the rear. Get a hold of Ary over at esm and he'll hook you up. and believe me about the offset because i just took off 5mm spacers that i bought for the rear because it wouldnt fit without scraping the rear fenders, and my fenders are cut and shaved.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #117
Miggie29

My Ride: 330CI
Awesome!! thanks for the info bro..i will call ESM in a few days and place my order. As i understand, coupes have a little more room in the rear but we'll see once i get my set. Really really love your car..it's got that distinct sexy look that just grabs attention..great job!!
Miggie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #118
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggie29 View Post
Awesome!! thanks for the info bro..i will call ESM in a few days and place my order. As i understand, coupes have a little more room in the rear but we'll see once i get my set. Really really love your car..it's got that distinct sexy look that just grabs attention..great job!!
Thanks man. Yeah the coupes do have a little more room but either way, the lower offsets that they have in that size are for m3 fitment only and ary will tell you the same thing. Also the lip size stays the same which is 3.5" dish on the rear. let me know if you have any questions and tell ary you want the special price which is $695 vs the higher price on the website.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #119
DJ Syxx

My Ride: BMW M3
very nice mate.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #120
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syxx View Post
very nice mate.
Thank you sir.