E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
nckash055

My Ride: 323i
Coil over selcetion

Hey guys been reading threads since 8am and can't decide weather to go vmaxx or race land ultimos coils I have a bagged 2000 e46 daily driver sedan have rocker coils and are junk so want to buy new ones but don't want to spend crazy money .. I have had vmaxx in my 07 Mini Cooper s but never race lands so if any one on here has used both on there e46 would love sum info / and also opnions thanks guys
nckash055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
My opinion is to go stock. Don't put any DMAXX or Rokkors on your car. Dangerous and horrible

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
VMRWheels
Sponsor

My Ride: 1:25 Scale Enzo
Send a message via AIM to VMRWheels Send a message via Yahoo to VMRWheels
In my opinion, you should save a bit more for something higher quality, and would pass on the Racelands.

Facebook! | Flickr! | Blog! | Instagram!
New for 2014: V702 Multispoke | V810 Flow Form
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
lcoleman

My Ride: '79 Massey Ferguson
Roxxor and Riceland are the same thing iirc. If your car is bagged, why do you need coilovers?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
choxor

My Ride: JDM
You should post in the suspension section.

I hear they love to talk about suspensions there.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Bilstein PSS or PSS9. Done.
WDE46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Love my adjustable Bilstein PSS. World of difference from the stock (non-sport) suspension.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
lolracelands
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
mq124

My Ride: slow and sorta low
rocker is a sister company to raceland so same quality. You already have had vmaxx so if you liked them and want to go cheap then get them I suppose. But you are posting in a BMW community and the common answer is going to be buying quality suspension components. I went with KW and never looked back. ST is basically KW without the same coating on them to prevent rust, so if your not driving during salt/snow you could save a few hundred by getting ST
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i
If you are looking to stay within that price range we have Street Edge Coilovers. There is a review thread floating around here in the Suspension section. If you don't mind saving a bit longer I would recommend KW coilovers. The V2s are well liked within the E46 community. I personally run KW Street Comforts on my E60.

http://thesuspensionsource.mybigcommerce.com/e46/
1-888-230-1288
kristina@thesuspensionsource.com
www.thesuspensionsource.com

Last edited by Kris@TSS; 12-20-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Kris@TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
ModBargains.com
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 323ci / E92 335i
The answer is simple; you get what you pay for when it comes to vehicle suspension. As such a crucial component of your vehicle, suspension is definitely something you do not want to cheap out on. A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride height and spring rates through a moveable spring perch or perches. Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass, increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner balanced.

You may want to check out the ST V1 coilovers if your on a budget. Coming from the makers of KW suspension systems the only main difference between the ST Variant 1 and KW Variant 1 is the steel they use. While KW uses Stainless Steel for their shock housing, ST uses Galvanized Steel. However, this does not mean a drop in quality, durability, or appearance. Although coilovers that use galvanized steel are more prone to corrosion due to environmental influences (i.e. mixture of salt water); those in the lower states: California, Texas, Florida, Nevada, etc. don't have to worry about corrosion. Those in the mid to upper States that snow still don't have much to worry about as long as they do not drive in heavy snow conditions upon where salt is used on roads. To further ensure those with doubt about Galvanized Steel, ST has corrosion resistant zinc plating on all of their threaded strut housings for further protection. They're significantly cheaper than the KW lineup and are a popular choice!
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm / Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates and discounts!

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 12-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
LeoP

My Ride: Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
In my opinion, you should save a bit more for something higher quality, and would pass on the Racelands.
You should definitely save a little more and get something of quality.