E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Injury 6 years ago.

So I'm here at my favorite track, going for a late night job. Another attempt to get back in my fighting weight, or so they say. I used to jog between 4-5 miles a day, including Saturday and Sunday. Yea I know, you're supposed to rest and not over do it, but I was determined, and I feared of being obese. Six years ago, I had gone for my daily night run while making a foolish mistake to read an important text I fell off the tracks edge bending the crap out of my ankle. I couldn't get up for nearly an hour because of the intense pain, so I took a couple breaths and walked very slowly to my car. To make matters even worse, my car was manual, more pain. I never went to a doc, which was very stupid. I got home and my ankle/feet were so swollen it was unbearable, I couldn't even stand up. Years went by and I ended up gaining over 30+ pounds. I used to be 172-175, and now I'm 232. I'm where I promised myself I wouldn't be. I ended up getting free X-rays and diagnostics from a good friend of mine " foot & ankle associates", and the results weren't good. I didn't know what I exactly damaged since I didn't have and still don't have health insurance, so I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to pay nor could I afford what I thought would be thousands to fix my ankle. It turned out I had ripped tendons, my lateral lateral ligament to be more specific. I knew I really messed it up, and because of this I hadn't been able to get back on my feet. It's as if I have lost all my determination and will, I can't do anything about it, I can't find motivation. I'm here at the park I used to run and jog at--I decided to give it another shot. I feel unbalanced because of my injury, but I decided to see it as an excuse and better my health. Time to lose weight and see a doc no matter the cost. I really miss being light, fast, strong and well, good looking, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355902055.972147.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	482680

That might be a little cheesy, but a friend of mine showed me this, said it inspired him so I read it.
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
Sounds like you have the right attitude. You need to have the ankle examined right away. You need to get it taken care of or it will lead to more health problems. Hip problems knee problems. After that you need to take it slow and follow a plan. My weight was close to yours a year ago. I am close to the goal weight that you have also. I run a lot and use weight watchers. It can be done you just have to have the drive. Document everything you eat and workout. Be patient and slowly but surely you will get there.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Been there, done that...

Get yourself to a doctor, then get back on the horse

Last edited by Ghostie; 12-20-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
If you didn't rehab it properly it may have never healed. Get it checked out
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Do not stretch until you have SLOWLY warmed up. Studies have found that cold stretching can actually cause injuries.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
Do not stretch until you have SLOWLY warmed up. Studies have found that cold stretching can actually cause injuries.
It's all about dat dynamic stretching
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Lately, I've been eating lots of salmon, trout, chicken and lean beef. I think I've lost around 10 pounds.
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote