E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
sorry, but the reason American slave owners are brought into constant question, is because they were the first to bring into the world institutional racism. Sorry, American slave owners may have been the worst of the slave owners. Remember Nat Turner? Lol, silly white boy.
Seriously?

You're implying that American slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that American slavery was as bad as it got? x 4432423423

Do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... you think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the Christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t

EDIT: FWIW, I'm not trying to defend slavery. Clearly evil was committed and blacks were exploited. But let's not just throw everyone from that period of time under the bus... and let's not ignore the black on black slavery that took place simultaneously in Africa.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 12-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Seriously?

You're implying that American slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that American slavery was as bad as it got? x 4432423423

Do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... you think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the Christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t
So, which would you rather be? A member of the National Socialist Party or a slave owner? Which would you want to be less?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #23
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
So, which would you rather be? A member of the National Socialist Party or a slave owner? Which would you want to be less?
What point are you even trying to make here Busa. I'd rather be a white land owner in early colonial america because I wouldn't have had badass US soldiers shooting at my german @$$

EDIT: Just to make myself clear, my frustrations (at this point) aren't even with the OP... but nonsense like what b_cyrus throws are gets under my skin as it's soooooooo preposterous.

US marking first institutionalized racism And the worst slave owners in history
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 12-19-2012 at 03:02 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,602
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Seriously?

You're implying that American slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that American slavery was as bad as it got? x 4432423423

Do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... you think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the Christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t

EDIT: FWIW, I'm not trying to defend slavery. Clearly evil was committed and blacks were exploited. But let's not just throw everyone from that period of time under the bus... and let's not ignore the black on black slavery that took place simultaneously in Africa.
^ this.
who built the pyramids?

early california was all Spaniards enslaving the natives.
__________________

Last edited by VALMONT; 12-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #25
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
^ this.
who built the pyramids?

early california was all Spaniards enslaving the natives.
http://news.discovery.com/history/py...iza-egypt.html
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #26
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Seriously?

You're implying that American slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that American slavery was as bad as it got? x 4432423423

Do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... you think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the Christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t

EDIT: FWIW, I'm not trying to defend slavery. Clearly evil was committed and blacks were exploited. But let's not just throw everyone from that period of time under the bus... and let's not ignore the black on black slavery that took place simultaneously in Africa.
If you can find me concrete evidence, as in from a scholarly source, from someone who did years and years of research and not some stupid little yahoo article like I'm sure you can find, please find me evidence of institutionalized racism outside of the slavery in the US, NOT institutionalized slavery. This means laws, regulations, and other pieces of evidence for your argument.

The world is your oyster.

Last edited by B_Cyrus; 12-19-2012 at 03:04 PM.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,602
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
so not one slave was used to haul those massive blocks?
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,735
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328ci View Post
seriously?

You're implying that american slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that american slavery was as bad as it got? X 4432423423

do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... You think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t

edit: Fwiw, i'm not trying to defend slavery. Clearly evil was committed and blacks were exploited. But let's not just throw everyone from that period of time under the bus... And let's not ignore the black on black slavery that took place simultaneously in africa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328ci View Post
what point are you even trying to make here busa. I'd rather be a white land owner in early colonial america because i wouldn't have had badass us soldiers shooting at my german @$$

edit: Just to make myself clear, my frustrations (at this point) aren't even with the op... But nonsense like what b_cyrus throws are gets under my skin as it's soooooooo preposterous.

Us marking first institutionalized racism And the worst slave owners in history
+2348962343589
__________________

Last edited by rcsummers; 12-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.
rcsummers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
so not one slave was used to haul those massive blocks?
I don't know. Maybe one?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,602
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I don't know. Maybe one?
poor guy, everyone gets paid except him. sad.
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #31
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
What point are you even trying to make here Busa. I'd rather be a white land owner in early colonial america because I wouldn't have had badass US soldiers shooting at my german @$$
Really? That's a shitty reason. Assuming no scenario in which you blatantly pander to patriotism takes your life, which position do you find more morally repulsive: owning people or belonging to the National Socialist Party?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,735
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
so not one slave was used to haul those massive blocks?
The series of modest nine-foot-deep shafts held a dozen skeletons of pyramid builders, perfectly preserved by dry desert sand along with jars that once contained beer and bread meant for the workers' afterlife.

A dozen, 12 skeletons. They were probably the ones who designed the pyramids. They still used forced laborers "slaves" to build them.
__________________
rcsummers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,602
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
what about japanese interment camps? american citizens rounded up!!!
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #34
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
What point are you even trying to make here Busa. I'd rather be a white land owner in early colonial america because I wouldn't have had badass US soldiers shooting at my german @$$

EDIT: Just to make myself clear, my frustrations (at this point) aren't even with the OP... but nonsense like what b_cyrus throws are gets under my skin as it's soooooooo preposterous.

US marking first institutionalized racism And the worst slave owners in history
I'm sorry, I just did as sh!t tonne of research on this over the past few months, and you never have.

Please go on making nonsense like you do, and posting up pictures of your friends cars/houses randomly, and I will continue being a fvcking history boss.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #35
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
If you can find me concrete evidence, as in from a scholarly source, from someone who did years and years of research and not some stupid little yahoo article like I'm sure you can find, please find me evidence of institutionalized racism outside of the slavery in the US, NOT institutionalized slavery. This means laws, regulations, and other pieces of evidence for your argument.

The world is your oyster.
Blacks started the slave trade. White slave traders basically just went there to pick up slaves and leave. They weren't capturing slaves or even really setting foot in Africa. Every slave sold was done so because an African enslaved and sold his fellow black man.

After slavery ended many blacks returned to found Liberia, which had a thriving slave trade until about 1990 IIRC. Freed slaves sought to have slaves of their own as a sign of success. One of the largest slave traders in America was a freed slave.

Without black people selling black slaves, white men would have no way to purchase them. They sure as heck weren't going to venture into the jungle with butterfly nets.

Slavery exists today as well in Asia and other places. Sex slave trading continues to this day, even in America where a couple here on Long Island was recently caught. To try to pin anything on only white people is bigoted, and equally ignorant of history and facts.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Without black people selling black slaves, white men would have no way to purchase them.
Is this an actual argument people use?

"Owning people is morally repugnant."
"But we bought them from black people!"
__________________

Last edited by 'busa; 12-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about stuff like this is the double standard. I could care less if blacks, latinos, etc express their hatred of whites. If they are going to dish it out though, they should be able to take it in return, which they cannot. They are the ones perpetuating a problem that they complain about, which is ironic.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,735
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Blacks started the slave trade. White slave traders basically just went there to pick up slaves and leave. They weren't capturing slaves or even really setting foot in Africa. Every slave sold was done so because an African enslaved and sold his fellow black man.

After slavery ended many blacks returned to found Liberia, which had a thriving slave trade until about 1990 IIRC. Freed slaves sought to have slaves of their own as a sign of success. One of the largest slave traders in America was a freed slave.

Without black people selling black slaves, white men would have no way to purchase them. They sure as heck weren't going to venture into the jungle with butterfly nets.

Slavery exists today as well in Asia and other places. Sex slave trading continues to this day, even in America where a couple here on Long Island was recently caught. To try to pin anything on only white people is bigoted, and equally ignorant of history and facts.

this.
__________________
rcsummers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #39
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Is this an actual argument people use?

"Owning people is morally repugnant."
"But we bought them from black people!"
the point was that there should be equal blame directed towards blacks, whereas you seem to place zero blame on them because its easier to hate whitey.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Seriously?

You're implying that American slavery marked the advent of institutionalized racism....

Furthermore, that American slavery was as bad as it got? x 4432423423

Do you realize how many people have been enslaved through military conquest.... you think they had it better than black slaves in this country? Do you remember the Christians being thrown to the lions for the entertainment of the masses?

Are you fricken kidding me with this sh*t

EDIT: FWIW, I'm not trying to defend slavery. Clearly evil was committed and blacks were exploited. But let's not just throw everyone from that period of time under the bus... and let's not ignore the black on black slavery that took place simultaneously in Africa.
You should like Andy on that episode of the Office when he thought his ancestors owned Michelle Obama's ancestors.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use