E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #41
ATU2010

My Ride: Blacked 2004 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Yessss! Tastiest PWO...

Attachment 481642
All cookies and creme flavors have scared me forever. Always like them but that first sip I'm always wondering if its going to taste like sh*t. Pure chocolate flavor
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #42
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATU2010 View Post
All cookies and creme flavors have scared me forever. Always like them but that first sip I'm always wondering if its going to taste like sh*t. Pure chocolate flavor
This one is good. We promise!
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #43
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP/VW Jetta
Borden's Dutch Chocolate milk. If you've had it, you see all others to be inferior.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #44
mkodama

Wait, you guys actually debate whether to drink chocolate milk or not?

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
ElectricRed46

My Ride: 2004 325i
I've recently started dating a certified personal trainer/registered dietician and she's got me switched to chocolate milk for post workouts. I used whey for years w no real gains but I have seen a small size difference since being switched(2 months now). She gave me all the reasons why its so good for you but I can't remember. I'll try and get her to write something up tomorrow for you all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #46
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Wait, you guys actually debate whether to drink chocolate milk or not?
well, there are great arguments for/against drinking white milk which was pushed on the American public in the 30's and 40's. As we can see today, there is a great decline in the popularity of milk. We no longer see the "got milk" campaigns of late.

Chocolate milk is different, for some reason. I cannot explain why scientifically, however.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #47
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
well, there are great arguments for/against drinking white milk which was pushed on the American public in the 30's and 40's. As we can see today, there is a great decline in the popularity of milk. We no longer see the "got milk" campaigns of late.

Chocolate milk is different, for some reason. I cannot explain why scientifically, however.
Your posts are consistently some of the least helpful on this forum.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #48
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Your posts are consistently some of the least helpful on this forum.
Isn't that why I am here?
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #49
Bemwe_03i

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
you know why they have choc milk, the milk gets bloody from the machines sucking on the teats so they add chocolate and sell it that way, yea keep drinking it
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #50
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemwe_03i View Post
you know why they have choc milk, the milk gets bloody from the machines sucking on the teats so they add chocolate and sell it that way, yea keep drinking it
k.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #51
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
What's the ideal chocolate milk? White milk with quick powder or something like the pre made gallons? I'm going to try this out for a bit.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #52
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricRed46 View Post
I've recently started dating a certified personal trainer/registered dietician and she's got me switched to chocolate milk for post workouts. I used whey for years w no real gains but I have seen a small size difference since being switched(2 months now). She gave me all the reasons why its so good for you but I can't remember. I'll try and get her to write something up tomorrow for you all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
pics?

M3Inline, I bought that almond dark chocolate milk and although good, it only has 1 g of protein....notice any difference?
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #53
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
pics?

M3Inline, I bought that almond dark chocolate milk and although good, it only has 1 g of protein....notice any difference?
Yikes, that's low bro. The one that I posted a picture of earlier has 16g, and the regular chocolate milk has 14g or something like that. I don't know if what I'm noticing is placebo or something legitimate, but I feel better on the Cookies & Cream flavored chocolate milk than I did on the BSN or ON whey.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #54
DylloS

Quote:
Yikes, that's low bro. The one that I posted a picture of earlier has 16g, and the regular chocolate milk has 14g or something like that. I don't know if what I'm noticing is placebo or something legitimate, but I feel better on the Cookies & Cream flavored chocolate milk than I did on the BSN or ON whey.
what is this you speak of?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
pics?

I think you are referring to my PWO shake, the dark chocolate almond milk (made from almonds) contains no useable protein, but I put two scoops of double chocolate ON whey in to make up for it.

Plenty of simple sugars to spike insulin post workout, plus fast digesting whey.

For those wondering why chocolate milk is a great PWO drink, its because it contains complete casein proteins (slower digesting, think 8 hours compared to ~1 hour with whey) as well as lots of sugar to spike insulin (the most anabolic muscle building hormone in your body) It also contains Vitamins A & D... this is all off the top of my head, could be a couple smaller benefits.

In my opinion, the only difference in muscle growth an individual would see switching from a whey PWO shake (combined with simple carbs) to chocolate milk would be if they did not already have lots of slow digesting proteins in their stomach (eating a 50g+ protein laden meal of chicken/beef/etc 3-4 hours earlier). Whey when coupled with the slower digesting proteins from animals / casein is very effective at building muscle.

I believe a lot of people are just focused on getting whey protein in after the gym, and mix it with water / regular milk. Simple carbs are as important (I'd argue more important) as getting protein into your bloodstream. This is what makes chocolate milk effective, the combination of simple sugars + casein proteins.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I think you are referring to my PWO shake, the dark chocolate almond milk (made from almonds) contains no useable protein, but I put two scoops of double chocolate ON whey in to make up for it.

Plenty of simple sugars to spike insulin post workout, plus fast digesting whey.

For those wondering why chocolate milk is a great PWO drink, its because it contains complete casein proteins (slower digesting, think 8 hours compared to ~1 hour with whey) as well as lots of sugar to spike insulin (the most anabolic muscle building hormone in your body) It also contains Vitamins A & D... this is all off the top of my head, could be a couple smaller benefits.

In my opinion, the only difference in muscle growth an individual would see switching from a whey PWO shake (combined with simple carbs) to chocolate milk would be if they did not already have lots of slow digesting proteins in their stomach (eating a 50g+ protein laden meal of chicken/beef/etc 3-4 hours earlier). Whey when coupled with the slower digesting proteins from animals / casein is very effective at building muscle.

I believe a lot of people are just focused on getting whey protein in after the gym, and mix it with water / regular milk. Simple carbs are as important (I'd argue more important) as getting protein into your bloodstream. This is what makes chocolate milk effective, the combination of simple sugars + casein proteins.
You're right. My mistake
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #57
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
what is this you speak of?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...3&postcount=37

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #58
DylloS

Quote:
ohh nice. I wont be buying that every time. You think milk, a scoop of whey, and a spoonful of quick is good?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #59
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
ohh nice. I wont be buying that every time. You think milk, a scoop of whey, and a spoonful of quick is good?
I'm sure that combination is just as effective. I purchase it after every workout because it's $1.50, it's convenient and the store is right next door to the gym. I no longer purchase whey for the reasons mentioned earlier, so I don't have any at home (..except for the stuff that my g/f used to pick up from her clinic, but it gives me far too much gas - and causes bloat for far too long - to be worth consuming).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 12-20-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #60
DylloS

Quote:
I'm sure that combination is just as effective. I purchase it after every workout because it's $1.50, it's convenient and the store is right next door to the gym. I no longer purchase whey for the reasons mentioned earlier, so I don't have any at home (..except for the stuff that my g/f used to pick up from her clinic, but it gives me far too much gas - and causes bloat for far too long - to be worth consuming).
makes sense. Probably just as cheap as what I'd be mixing. I have a 5lb tub of ON whey coming that was back ordered from cyber monday that I'll have to use.