E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #61
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
makes sense. Probably just as cheap as what I'd be mixing. I have a 5lb tub of ON whey coming that was back ordered from cyber monday that I'll have to use.
Make sure you are getting a 2:1 ratio of carbs/proteins in grams.. so an ON scoop is 24g, you should be putting in roughly 48g of fast carbs (sugar).

Last edited by dabears; 12-20-2012 at 02:40 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #62
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Make sure you are getting a 2:1 ratio of protein/carbs in grams.. so an ON scoop is 24g, you should be putting in roughly 48g of fast carbs (sugar).
ddi you say that backwards?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #63
dabears

Quote:
ddi you say that backwards?
my "ninja" edit was delayed haha
Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #64
DylloS

Quote:
my "ninja" edit was delayed haha
figured that's what you meant
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #65
usheer
Banned

My Ride: Bmw
Since I believe sugar does play a part in helping the break down of proteins I usually add a half cup of sugar to my protein shake just so it is sweet like chocolate milk would be.
usheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #66
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
I drink chocolate milk at work. Love it
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #67
ElectricRed46

My Ride: 2004 325i
Been on Choc milk for about 2 months now. I still use protein shakes and eat right and lift heavy but I'm up 4lbs. When I wasn't using Choc milk I never saw a change and I was always sore. I'm seeing a change and I'm rarely ever sore anymore, just tight but not sore. I will continue to use it and see if I get further results

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #68
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricRed46 View Post
Been on Choc milk for about 2 months now. I still use protein shakes and eat right and lift heavy but I'm up 4lbs. When I wasn't using Choc milk I never saw a change and I was always sore. I'm seeing a change and I'm rarely ever sore anymore, just tight but not sore. I will continue to use it and see if I get further results

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
I'd attribute that to just getting used to it rather than chocolate milk.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #69
dabears

Guy's there is nothing magical about chocolate milk. It is a casein based protein (slow digesting), with sugars. In my opinion, it's inferior to a properly balanced homemade shake made with whey, which is much faster digesting (which means amino acids break down into muscle cells quicker post workout + insulin spike from sugar/whey mix). There is no arguing the benefit of a fast digesting protein shake post workout.

If you find you respond better to chocolate milk, I would suggest you aren't getting enough protein from animal sources (slow digesting, complete amino acid profile).

Lot's of bro science in here
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #70
DylloS

Quote:
Guy's there is nothing magical about chocolate milk. It is a casein based protein (slow digesting), with sugars. In my opinion, it's inferior to a properly balanced homemade shake made with whey, which is much faster digesting (which means amino acids break down into muscle cells quicker post workout + insulin spike from sugar/whey mix). There is no arguing the benefit of a fast digesting protein shake post workout.

If you find you respond better to chocolate milk, I would suggest you aren't getting enough protein from animal sources (slow digesting, complete amino acid profile).

Lot's of bro science in here
agreed. Now go get me another dubstep mix. please.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #71
dabears

Quote:
agreed. Now go get me another dubstep mix. please.
I just released a trance one, which is one of my favorite mixes to date. Next is I Love House 2012 then you'll get your sh*tty dubstep (really starting to hate the genre )

Try working out with trance... I swear I can push a bit more weight since it builds up so well, if you get lucky with a drop at the beginning of a set you will kill it.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #72
DylloS

Quote:
I just released a trance one, which is one of my favorite mixes to date. Next is I Love House 2012 then you'll get your sh*tty dubstep (really starting to hate the genre )

Try working out with trance... I swear I can push a bit more weight since it builds up so well, if you get lucky with a drop at the beginning of a set you will kill it.
I'll listen tonight while I workout.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #73
ngillan

My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Bacon + PB = excellent

Sounds weird, tastes delicious. Try it on a wheat english muffin or wheat toast, or some such.
THIS! trying this tonight!

I used to work in the dairy department at a grocery store. Strawberry (pink) milk used to be my favorite but I got over it after drinking it every single day. I was on a vanilla milk kick for a long time (if you haven't tried it I HIGHLY reccomend it, it's almost as good as chocolate). Overall chocolate milk is the best. Root Beer flavored was the worst.

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #74
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Root beer flavored milk? Ewwwww
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #75
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
Make sure you are getting a 2:1 ratio of carbs/proteins in grams.. so an ON scoop is 24g, you should be putting in roughly 48g of fast carbs (sugar).
I use to do this and get almost 100g of carbs in the form of either malto or waxy maize. That's a ton of carbs!

I stopped doing this awhile ago and probably get only about 35 grams of carbs while still getting 50g of protein PWO shake. Have not noticed a difference.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote