E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Higher taxes are needed. Across the board. La-dee-dah-dee-every-body should be paying higher taxes than we have been.

There's been a war going on for the past decade, yet we've been enjoying tremendously low tax rates the entire time. Regardless of whether it was a popular war or not, our elected officials sent us (us being the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines) there, but decided to take the "buy now, pay later" option. Whatever reason you want to throw out there, it doesn't matter.

We haven't paid for these wars, we've just been running up the charge card. And realistically, no manageable, realistic tax rate could have covered the costs of this war without a deficit, but now that the wars are drawing down, we need to start paying for them.

Across the board tax hikes. America hasn't been at war. The military has been at war. America has been at the mall.
Which is why we need to stop waging wars and bring our military home where they belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #62
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Looks like it didn't work out well for Boehner tonight.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #63
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Looks like it didn't work out well for Boehner tonight.
Yep, it didn't.

This asshat is such an epic failure that he can't rally his own troops behind him. Yet he stands in the way of a legislation that the majority of people are known to support.

Boehner is a colossal waste of national resources and needs to go away. He's a caveman and an intellectual gerbil.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/us...plan.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/politi...iff/index.html

What a joker..

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #64
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
Yep, it didn't.

This asshat is such an epic failure that he can't rally his own troops behind him. Yet he stands in the way of a legislation that the majority of people are known to support.

Boehner is a colossal waste of national resources and needs to go away. He's a caveman and an intellectual gerbil.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/us...plan.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/politi...iff/index.html

What a joker..
He Vetos his own bill because he didn't have the votes. One of the worst speakers I've ever seen.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 12-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #65
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Fair? The taxes are mostly already paid by these people. How about curtailing spending?

There is nothing sustainable about the current path. The revenue generated from what Obama wants would be akin to spitting in the ocean if they kept spending even static. Given the proposed spending increases, it would make even less of a difference.

Also, referring to public polls as an ok to policy is hilarious as I'm sure your opinions on gay marriage and abortion would not change if most people were against them...polling by convenience for you huh?
thank you.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!

Last edited by AlexD330; 12-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #66
sammk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
He Vetos his own bill because he didn't have the votes.
What a nutjob.. To think this man represents the best of the GOP boggles the mind

Absolutely un-****in'-believable.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #67
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
It would have been vetoed anyways. The 250K was low, the 1 million is high just meet at 500k and sign the damn thing.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #68
sammk

This a$$hole wasted three precious days of legislation with a non-starter plan that he expected to put pressure on the White House and Senate.

What a joker.

It's not about $250k or $1mil. anymore - Everyone is clearly on board with one plan. Congress is ready to support the Senate bill but this Boehner moron is intent on cockblocking..

In fact, Boehner is the single obstruction holding up avoiding the fiscal cliff.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #69
Green_Shine

Quote:
This a$$hole wasted three precious days of legislation with a non-starter plan that he expected to put pressure on the White House and Senate.

What a joker.

It's not about $250k or $1mil. anymore - Everyone is clearly on board with one plan. Congress is ready to support the Senate bill but this Boehner moron is intent on cockblocking..

In fact, Boehner is the single obstruction holding up avoiding the fiscal cliff.
There is still 12 days, the fiscal cliff will not happen. As far as I am concerned, keep all these ass holes in office as long as we can so they get a shorter break for the Holidays lol..250K is pretty low though.. Why even waste the time when it will be vetoed anyways?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #70
sammk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Why even waste the time when it will be vetoed anyways?
That's exactly what I say.. Why would any sane person waste the last three days trying to push a bill only to veto it before it even goes to vote?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #71
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
It would have been vetoed anyways. The 250K was low, the 1 million is high just meet at 500k and sign the damn thing.
250k is still middle class, it's inane to lump them in with actual rich people. If anyone's been paying attention, we went from $1 million under Clinton to $250k, if you don't think 150k is next you got another thing coming.

p.s - everyone probably needs to pay more and drastic spending cuts are needed. It has already been established that a 100% tax on the rich wouldn't solve our problems.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #72
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
250k is still middle class, it's inane to lump them in with actual rich people. If anyone's been paying attention, we went from $1 million under Clinton to $250k, if you don't think 150k is next you got another thing coming.

p.s - everyone probably needs to pay more and drastic spending cuts are needed. It has already been established that a 100% tax on the rich wouldn't solve our problems.
I agree. Pretty low. There are a lot of joint income owners and perhaps single income earners (doctors, surgeons, VPs, etc.) easily at that threshold. I wouldn't consider that rich. That is high side middle class these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #73
Green_Shine

Quote:
That's exactly what I say.. Why would any sane person waste the last three days trying to push a bill only to veto it before it even goes to vote?

Quote:

But why was he wasting time with a vote that will be vetoed? Do you think an agreement can be meet for 500K? The 250K is ridiculous, if I remember correctly Biden said they were going to raise taxes on million and above during the debates.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #74
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
But why was he wasting time with a vote that will be vetoed? Do you think an agreement can be meet for 500K? The 250K is ridiculous, if I remember correctly Biden said they were going to raise taxes on million and above during the debates.
A million makes sense and is indisputably rich in any cost of living area