E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #301
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I downloaded some different texting program that overrides the standard texting program. Problem solved. VZMessanger I think.
I have handcent which has an option to reply all or separate. Also has data messaging, amongst other features.
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #302
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,508
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
Getting my note 2 today. FedEx should deliver it by noon. The S3 will go to the wife.
jelly..
..bean

Im gonna check if it dropped in price already. Stoked for u

can't believe people are already talking about s4!! april may june!
__________________

"I catch you in my dreams, just me and you. But you seem confused, I'm not trying to break the rules.
So why do you feel the way that you do? So why do you feel the way that you do?"


2014 LA Autoshow FB Gallery

Last edited by MachRc; 12-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #303
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
jelly..
..bean

Im gonna check if it dropped in price already. Stoked for u

can't believe people are already talking about s4!! april may june!
I'm pretty excited myself.

I did the jelly bean update on the S3 and the plus for me was better battery life. The other stuff was negligible I thought.

The price of the Note 2 didnt go down unfortunately. I heard its gonna take at least a quarter after release for it to be on sale. But I did get free overnight shipping and 25% off the flip cover on the business account.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #304
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I downloaded some different texting program that overrides the standard texting program. Problem solved. VZMessanger I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
I have handcent which has an option to reply all or separate. Also has data messaging, amongst other features.
So let me give you a couple scenarios, because this is a deal breaker for me. A crap load of my friends are always sending group chats.

1. You text multiple people - Every time they respond, it stays in the same thread, yes?

2. You are part of a multiple text - Your response can be replied all, and also... the other recipients responses will also be grouped to the original text?


I haaaaaaaaaaate getting random numbers from a group text response that I have no idea who it is. At least if it replies into the group text, I can easily ignore it.

Thanks guys

J
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #305
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Group replies is what you are looking for. Can't say I have ever experienced that ever. Because even with iphone I still get the random number text.

I'd look into possible data messaging but generally your friends would need it to. Handcent also has data messaging. Kik is another
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #306
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Posting from the note. This thing is massive but I'm getting used to it already. I cant one hand it tho.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #307
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,360
My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
So let me give you a couple scenarios, because this is a deal breaker for me. A crap load of my friends are always sending group chats.

1. You text multiple people - Every time they respond, it stays in the same thread, yes?

2. You are part of a multiple text - Your response can be replied all, and also... the other recipients responses will also be grouped to the original text?


I haaaaaaaaaaate getting random numbers from a group text response that I have no idea who it is. At least if it replies into the group text, I can easily ignore it.

Thanks guys

J
You would need to download a 3rd party app to do group messaging. However if you wait for jelly bean 4.2 group replies will come stock.





Sent from my Galaxy S3
__________________
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #308
chris98891
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: greenville, sc
Posts: 1,723
My Ride: '01 325i
Send a message via AIM to chris98891
Seriously, GroupMe is cross platform and works so much better than any of the group texting services built in.
__________________
-Chris




chris98891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #309
Here below
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ethiopia
Posts: 0
My Ride: within StatisticsRZ
Send a message via ICQ to Here below
All above told the truth. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.
momokbau
Here below is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #310
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
You would need to download a 3rd party app to do group messaging. However if you wait for jelly bean 4.2 group replies will come stock.





Sent from my Galaxy S3
Posting this from my iPhone 5 lol.... Day 4, love it so far
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 AM   #311
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,360
My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
4.2 is out if anybody wants to try.

http://androidadvices.com/jellybean-...laxy-s3-guide/

i think its only for i9300s though.

...edt* actually doing some quick searches, 4.2 is out for the i535.


mmm i might have to root soon.
__________________

Last edited by SL Blak Soldier; 12-31-2012 at 03:26 AM.
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #312
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I'm thinking of getting my wife a Note II to see how she likes it. If she does (and it works with my server at the office) we may jump ship from Apple. We stopped by Samsung's display at the mall today again--I was quite impressed with the Note and the Galaxy III.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #313
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I'm thinking of getting my wife a Note II to see how she likes it. If she does (and it works with my server at the office) we may jump ship from Apple. We stopped by Samsung's display at the mall today again--I was quite impressed with the Note and the Galaxy III.
Do it and don't look back. This phone is a beast. If she doesn't mind the size *giggity* then she will love it.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #314
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor
 
Don Nguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,030
My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
I think I need to get a second battery for my phone. Any recommendations? Are aftermarket batteries just as good or good enough compared to the factory batteries?
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #315
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
I think I need to get a second battery for my phone. Any recommendations? Are aftermarket batteries just as good or good enough compared to the factory batteries?
Always heard iffy things about non oem batteries
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #316
slo323ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 223
My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
I think I need to get a second battery for my phone. Any recommendations? Are aftermarket batteries just as good or good enough compared to the factory batteries?
I've used seido batteries in the past and had great experiences. I still have one that holds a charge from 2007, for the XV6800. They have extended too.
slo323ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #317
iwannagofast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 858/305
Posts: 315
My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
google now is amazing......
__________________

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #318
shwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 766
My Ride: 325it 5-speed
noob possibly moving over from apple...

My friend is giving me a Verizon branded S3 and I would like to use it on the unlimited "Straight Talk" program.

Any advice on how to do this? Like I mentioned, Ive been with Apple for almost 5 years now so I'm completely lost when it comes to unlocking droid phones....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #319
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dirty South
Posts: 3,391
My Ride: E90 M-Sport
hi im 12 and wat is this ?
__________________


"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #320
SuperFan86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 38
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
noob possibly moving over from apple...

My friend is giving me a Verizon branded S3 and I would like to use it on the unlimited "Straight Talk" program.

Any advice on how to do this? Like I mentioned, Ive been with Apple for almost 5 years now so I'm completely lost when it comes to unlocking droid phones....
Straight talk is going to require a ATT or Tmoble based phone to activate on its network.

All your options will be lad out on XDA. Head on over to the forums and check out the Verizon SIII section. Your first step is likely going to be to root and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Once you do that you will have a lot more options.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1708
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
SuperFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use