E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Zardoz33

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Smile My 325xi - Phase 1: Exterior Mods (Not Completed)

I've had the car for a couple months now. Still have that annoying oil leak, so I'll get around to fixing that next. After that and a few other lingering issues are fixed, the final exterior mods will be: repaint the rear bumper, updated trunk lights, 17" wheels, projector headlights and maybe either a roof or trunk spoiler.

Here are before and after pics. Didn't bother detailing the exterior yet, sans having it washed. The weather is getting cold and I've pretty much run out of all my detailing goodies. That'll be done come Spring.

Black grille.

Black housing turn signals, which I think compliment the black headlight housings the best. It gives a more uniform look compared to the clear or chrome ones I've seen.

Clear side markers.

Clear/red tail lights. Sorry, no before picture (forgot oops).

Yes, those are mud flaps. Yee-haw! I honestly don't think they look nearly as bad as I've seen people talk about on here. Plus, I live in a state where it rains and snows so that should help out some. They were cheap off-brand ones from eBay. The fitment was perfect, however I bought the mounting hardware from the dealership because they came with just screws and since you're drilling into plastic having just screws without clips didn't sit well with me.

Anyway, that's it for now. Constructive criticism is welcome or more blunt things like "dude it looks like ****" will not offend me either. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, as they were taken with my phone. Should have used my digital camera instead.
Zardoz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
DavidDee

My Ride: 2004 325xi
Not a fan of the turn signals but overall I think it looks pretty good!

"It has a radio and speakers but it's kinda hard to hear over horny bitches moanin in the back when I start it up.."
DavidDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Zardoz33

Thanks David. I found black Depo (my tail lights are Depo - everything else is random eBay stuff) turn signals in their catalog that looked 'better' than the ones I have, but unfortunately couldn't find them for sale anywhere.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Colombian325xi

My Ride: '02 325xi
are you going to install HIDs? mine is a '02 i installed 6000k and 3000k on the fogs
Colombian325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Zardoz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombian325xi View Post
are you going to install HIDs? mine is a '02 i installed 6000k and 3000k on the fogs
Good timing on your question. I put in new 2500k lights for the high beams & 4500k for the low beams shortly after I bought the car. The ones that were already in weren't great (old/poor quality/whatever the case was). And unfortunately, I don't have fog lights.

So after the new lights were in, normal night driving was better. However, I never tested out the headlights while it was raining heavily at night, so I didn't find out how truly abysmal the non-projector headlights were until yesterday. It was snowing pretty bad and I couldn't see **** lol. So yep, I'll be getting angel eye projector headlights w/ a h.i.d. kit probably from Umnitza first before any of the other mods I listed above.