E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

View Poll Results: should firearms be banned/regulated?
Yes 11 6.51%
Fvck No 100 59.17%
There should be more regulations but not taken away completely 36 21.30%
I dont care 4 2.37%
I agree with JonJon 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #1041
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
That's a rather dichotomous and simplistic view. You take a presumption approach to how all gun owners view gun control or a lack thereof.

It's not an all or nothing approach for many. So don't treat it as such.
Yes simplistic because those with scales in their eyes need basic language to understand the view points, as is the case with many of the arguments in this thread. Guns are not the problem and we dont need more laws. The problem stems from criminals.

Here is something to ponder, schools are "gun free" zones. What has that law accomplished? I will tell you, it prevents law abiding citizens from protecting themselves on school grounds. It also gives the upper hand to criminals as they know no one in schools can shoot back.

Do you understand my argument? Im not trying to be insulting just want to know what we're arguing here.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #1042
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,638
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I know the "drug free zone" around my high school really did wonders to keep drugs out. You could see all the dealers on the other side of the sign just wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth trying to find a way past that darn sign.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #1043
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I know the "drug free zone" around my high school really did wonders to keep drugs out. You could see all the dealers on the other side of the sign just wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth trying to find a way past that darn sign.
You think this would be enough to enlighten someone, geez did I learn the hard way.

Like Jon Jon, im done.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #1044
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Ok I lied, I have one more thing to add: (Stolen from another forum)

It is amazing to see how many “pro-choice” or (pro-death) advocates like Piers Morgan are suddenly pretending to care about the lives of children or human life in general, for that matter. This is rich.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #1045
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Ok I lied, I have one more thing to add: (Stolen from another forum)

It is amazing to see how many “pro-choice” or (pro-death) advocates like Piers Morgan are suddenly pretending to care about the lives of children or human life in general, for that matter. This is rich.
I've been at people trying to make this some sort of pro-life vs. pro-choice argument.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #1046
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I've been at people trying to make this some sort of pro-life vs. pro-choice argument.
Everyone is going overboard!
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #1047
Saintluk2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N.J.
Posts: 523
My Ride: 2000 323i sedan
I think banning guns may prevent some crimes in the same way as banning sex may prevent STDs. Before this event I was sure that setting larger bumps in the road for entry to gun ownership was the way, but now I feel that the lost freedom isn't worth it. In a time where adults can't even do what they want with their bodies in fear of being locked up, any kind of further restriction on gun ownership is another step toward losing freedom.
Saintluk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #1048
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Ok so now people are saying this is a hoax? WTF I'm getting really disgusted with humans this past week. I almost wanted the Mayans to be correct!
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #1049
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,836
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Ok so now people are saying this is a hoax? WTF I'm getting really disgusted with humans this past week. I almost wanted the Mayans to be correct!
I did too....for my own selfish reasons.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #1050
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I've been at people trying to make this some sort of pro-life vs. pro-choice argument.
There is a valid argument to be made, as I have already demonstrated. The people who are insisting there is a "right" to an abortion (a constructed right) are outright ignoring the fact that there is a stated, clearly codified right to firearms in the bill of rights.

hypocrisy at its finest
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #1051
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my house
Posts: 2,083
My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintluk2 View Post
I think banning guns may prevent some crimes in the same way as banning sex may prevent STDs. Before this event I was sure that setting larger bumps in the road for entry to gun ownership was the way, but now I feel that the lost freedom isn't worth it. In a time where adults can't even do what they want with their bodies in fear of being locked up, any kind of further restriction on gun ownership is another step toward losing freedom.
__________________
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #1052
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,638
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Ok so now people are saying this is a hoax? WTF I'm getting really disgusted with humans this past week. I almost wanted the Mayans to be correct!
if you can find a legitimate source forwarding this claim, I'll paypal you a dollar.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #1053
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
There is a valid argument to be made, as I have already demonstrated. The people who are insisting there is a "right" to an abortion (a constructed right) are outright ignoring the fact that there is a stated, clearly codified right to firearms in the bill of rights.

hypocrisy at its finest
For every person you describe, there is another one who insists to their right to firearms, but insists on denying a person their right to choose.

Situations like this are nothing new.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #1054
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
For every person you describe, there is another one who insists to their right to firearms, but insists on denying a person their right to choose.

Situations like this are nothing new.
that doesn't invalidate MY argument, I'm for both. Also, something in the bill of rights carries more credibility as a right than a SCOTUS decision which was legally questionable at best (even though I am happy with the result).
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1055
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
that doesn't invalidate MY argument, I'm for both. Also, something in the bill of rights carries more credibility as a right than a SCOTUS decision which was legally questionable at best (even though I am happy with the result).
No, it doesn't, nor did I portray it as such, but it provides more insight to your single sided stance.

As far as I'm concerned, a right is a right. There isn't a difference between a "valid" right and a "slightly more valid" right.


Clearly, I'm for both, as well.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 12-22-2012 at 09:14 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #1056
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
that doesn't invalidate MY argument, I'm for both. Also, something in the bill of rights carries more credibility as a right than a SCOTUS decision which was legally questionable at best (even though I am happy with the result).
Abortion is legally questionable at best?

Which well-regulated militia are you a member of?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #1057
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325

Which well-regulated militia are you a member of?
DC vs Heller

Individual right not militia
-and-
"Well regulated" is not referencing or applied to "guns"
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-22-2012 at 10:30 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #1058
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Abortion is legally questionable at best?

Which well-regulated militia are you a member of?
The decision in Roe v. Wade was a bit of a stretch legally, that's why liberals are so scared of it being overturned. I support abortion 100% and do not think enough people have abortions...but I am an attorney and I know questionable decisions when I see them, even if I agree with the result.

You should try thinking for once in stead of emotional (over) reacting.

Do you even know what well-regulated means in the context of the second amendment? I bet soup to nuts you're clueless.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #1059
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
No, it doesn't, nor did I portray it as such, but it provides more insight to your single sided stance.

As far as I'm concerned, a right is a right. There isn't a difference between a "valid" right and a "slightly more valid" right.


Clearly, I'm for both, as well.
I respectfully disagree, one is the second thing in the bill of rights...one is a SCOTUS decision from the 70's. One is an actual enacted law, one is precedent.

Either way, go with health care. How can you argue health care is a RIGHT but gun ownership is not? Perhaps that is a better example for this conversation.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #1060
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I respectfully disagree, one is the second thing in the bill of rights...one is a SCOTUS decision from the 70's. One is an actual enacted law, one is precedent.

Either way, go with health care. How can you argue health care is a RIGHT but gun ownership is not? Perhaps that is a better example for this conversation.
Fair enough, agree to disagree.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't think that health care is a right.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 12-22-2012 at 09:50 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use