E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
Need Help: Major Concern About IPT

IPT told me that my transmission would be turned around in two weeks - it is now FOUR weeks and the latest is that they are waiting on back-ordered BMW part(s). When I ask about what was damaged in my transmission they can't give me a straight answer, so I have no idea. What I would love is for someone on this forum who lives nearest to IPT in New Jersey to pay them a visit and thoroughly check them out as to what is actually happening. Did they lose some of their technicians or what? Customer service?

I paid the full amount BEFORE they even started on it.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Murphy; 12-21-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Murphy View Post
IPT told me that my transmission would be turned around in two weeks - it is now FOUR weeks and the latest is that they are waiting on back-ordered BMW part(s). When I ask about what was damaged in my transmission they can't give me a straight answer, so I have no idea. What I would love is for someone on this forum who lives nearest to IPT in New Jersey to pay them a visit and thoroughly check them out as to what is actually happening. Did they lose some of their technicians or what? Customer service?

I paid the full amount BEFORE they even started on it.

Jim
Jim,

I'm sorry to hear about the delays, and the lack of information.

I too paid in full up front, but I got excellent service, and I think it took in total 1 month from door to door. That is, one month from when it left my shop in Canada, crossed the boarder, was worked on, came back across the boarder, and arrived back at my shop.

Hopefully you get some better info soon?

FYI, I've also been waiting weeks for back-ordered little parts from BMW on many occasions. For example, the transmission - torque converter input seal.

What I would like to know in greater detail is what they do to the internals to "beef them up".

Adam

PS. My project is still in progress...so my brand new IPT trans is literally still on the shelf unused 2 years after getting it rebuilt.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Jim Murphy

To be more exact on the timeline - IPT received my transmission on 11/20, charged my Visa on 11/21. So, it has been a little over one month since it left Atlanta . . . . . . sigh.

Jim
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

Quote:
To be more exact on the timeline - IPT received my transmission on 11/20, charged my Visa on 11/21. So, it has been a little over one month since it left Atlanta . . . . . . sigh.

Jim
Jim,

I just double checked my email, and it was 20 days from when they received the transmission and billed my CC, to when they said it was done and being shipped back to me.

And I correct myself, actual time door to door was 5 weeks.

Vincent and Ty were the 2 people that I corresponded with via email and phone.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
diablorojo

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
I too had a bad/lengthy experience, it actually the reason I did the 6 speed conversion...

I waited 2 months for a trans computer that never came. I ultimately cancelled my order...

Plus, I have never seen any of their transmissions to know if its even worth the drama...
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
Jim Murphy

The latest is that IPT has been bugging the local dealer for the back ordered parts to no avail. So I am about to call someone up in the factory organization to see about escalating the parts - who is the best person to talk with?

Jim
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

Quote:
The latest is that IPT has been bugging the local dealer for the back ordered parts to no avail. So I am about to call someone up in the factory organization to see about escalating the parts - who is the best person to talk with?

Jim
Jim,

Like I mentioned, I've been waiting on back-ordered parts from BMW myself before. In one case, it was nearly 2 months.

It sounds like the issue for you may be information, or at least being able to speak with the source of the delay. Maybe ask IPT if they can refer you to the BMW parts person they work with to get a more direct answer?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
Jim Murphy

Transmission was delivered to BIP late yesterday afternoon. It has been two long months. The lack of update communications is IPT's major weakness. Let's hope that is the only problem. I will know soon.