E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmagoo View Post
Mate, if your dad has driven this, as I suspect, "like his dad would?", and looked after it, you jumping in it and flooring it every day will more than likely kill it quite soon...
even at 120K...
If you want a track car that you can shift, you'd have been much better with a manual... However manuals also die quicker if you screw them...
What are you taking about? Manual transmissions rarely ever die.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
The only way I ever killed a manual tranny Racing was putting hundreds of horsepower more in front of it than it was rated for or Killed the syncros power shifting. Alos drag racing....

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
FCUK3R

My Ride: 2000 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad21 View Post
There are so many problems with your question.

The BMW engineers were smarter than you, and designed it to not shift at full throttle in order to keep your transmission in order.

There are a few other things you cannot do, like shifting into reverse when your moving forward. They put that there for a reason.
How is there something wrong with my question? I did not know exactly how the kickdown feature worked........and now I do...problem solved.

Last edited by FCUK3R; 12-22-2012 at 04:11 PM.
FCUK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
FCUK3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmagoo View Post
Mate, if your dad has driven this, as I suspect, "like his dad would?", and looked after it, you jumping in it and flooring it every day will more than likely kill it quite soon...
even at 120K...
If you want a track car that you can shift, you'd have been much better with a manual... However manuals also die quicker if you screw them...
Yea my dad looked after it alright but that doesn't mean he babied it around. And I'm not using it as a track car as its auto I might just go down once or twice to see how it handles
Oh and I'm not flooring it everyday lol I never really take it past 5000 and before this thread was the first time I floored it and so that's the reason i posted in the first place, only floored the car once so far since having it for a little under a month.

Last edited by FCUK3R; 12-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCUK3R View Post
Yea my dad looked after it alright but that doesn't mean he babied it around. And I'm not using it as a track car as its auto I might just go down once or twice to see how it handles
Oh and I'm not flooring it everyday lol I never really take it past 5000 and before this thread was the first time I floored it and so that's the reason i posted in the first place, only floored the car once so far since having it for a little under a month.
Your not going to hurt your car flooring it . Trust me before I put my s/c on my car i drove it like i stole it and never had any problems at all

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
Cooltool786

My Ride: BMW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
Your not going to hurt your car flooring it . Trust me before I put my s/c on my car i drove it like i stole it and never had any problems at all
What is s/c??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App
Cooltool786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
FCUK3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
My dad was the same he drove it like he stole it but maintained it well and the mechanic says its the best condition m54 motor he's seen with that mileage. And yeah if an engine is made to do it, it should be able to provided its looked after ae, I'm just concerned about the transmission being delicate now.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
FCUK3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltool786 View Post
What is s/c??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App
Supercharger

Tags
330ci, kickdown, shifting, steptronic