E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #21
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01...-have-blocked/ and http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...d/blog-398201/

such legit websites!!!! They cite no sources, they just seem to have magically appeared in the head of someone as ignorant as you!Get your fvcking left wing d!ck riding out of here with bullsh!t facts that couldn't be backed up. LOL nice link to the library of congress, trying to throw me off from the obviously bullsh!t website you copy and pasted those facts from.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/author/mdesmond/ here is a link of the rest of this bloggers bullsh!t articles Lets start with his most recent one titled "4 More Years! President Obama Wins Re-Election, Real Work Begins" He rides left wing d!ck harder than you do So please, next time you try to prove something check your facts dumba$s

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash

Last edited by Fergo; 12-24-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #22
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
I think you are the one with your head up your ass. Your wildly ignorant posts, all you are is a race obsessed left wing d!ck rider. You have your head so far up your ass you could lick your teeth. How do you feel about paying for obamas $4,000,000 vacation?
Ok, let's get back on topic..

I feel the same way as I did paying for Dubya's jaunts to Austin or Clinton's vacations or Bush Sr., or any other president before him. Dunno what the big deal is, Presidential details cost money, and the $$$ goes up with time like any other commodity. And the $$ number you quote is sensationalized anyways, no one has the means of knowing what the exact costs are, it's one of those things hard to quantify accurately.

What's inexcusable to me is finding out I paid for Secret Service to provide security for some a$$hat who wasn't even keen on running for President in the first place. All those hard-paid tax $$ down the toilet for a moron who took the nation for a ride with his unique combination of stupidity, lack of respect, criss-crossing webs of deceit, ineptness and irrelevance..

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3

Off Fiscal Cliff, Obama Goes Golfing

HONOLULU, Hawaii - Taking a break from the fiscal cliff negotiations, President Obama is spending the first day of his holiday vacation golfing with friends and aides, including longtime pal Bobby Titcomb, who was arrested last year on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

After arriving in Hawaii late last night, the president spent this morning at his family's vacation residence along the shores of Kailua, a quiet town on a stretch of beach on the east end of Oahu.

Shortly before noon, the president made the trip to the Kailua Marine Corps Base, where he is hitting the links at the Kaneohe Clipper course.

Obama is golfing with close aide Marvin Nicholson, White House chef Sam Kass, and childhood friends Mike Ramos and Titcomb, whom the president has known since they attended Honolulu's Punahou School together in the 1970s.

Titcomb was arrested in April 2011 in an undercover prostitution sting operation. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge and the conviction was reportedly later expunged from his record.

With negotiations over the deficit at a standstill and Congress closed for the Christmas holiday, the first family left Washington late Friday for their annual vacation in Obama's native state, his first vacation of the year.

The president told reporters in a hastily scheduled appearance in the briefing room that he would "see you next week." His return date is still to be determined.

http://news.yahoo.com/off-fiscal-cli...-politics.html
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
Ok, let's get back on topic..

I feel the same way as I did paying for Dubya's jaunts to Austin or Clinton's vacations or Bush Sr., or any other president before him. Dunno what the big deal is, Presidential details cost money, and the $$$ goes up with time like any other commodity. And the $$ number you quote is sensationalized anyways, no one has the means of knowing what the exact costs are, it's one of those things hard to quantify accurately.

What's inexcusable to me is finding out I paid for Secret Service to provide security for some a$$hat who wasn't even keen on running for President in the first place. All those hard-paid tax $$ down the toilet for a moron who took the nation for a ride with his unique combination of stupidity, lack of respect, criss-crossing webs of deceit, ineptness and irrelevance..
That's the definition of most politicians...what's new? Your jimmies rustled?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

Off Fiscal Cliff, Obama Goes Golfing

HONOLULU, Hawaii - Taking a break from the fiscal cliff negotiations, President Obama is spending the first day of his holiday vacation golfing with friends and aides, including longtime pal Bobby Titcomb, who was arrested last year on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

After arriving in Hawaii late last night, the president spent this morning at his family's vacation residence along the shores of Kailua, a quiet town on a stretch of beach on the east end of Oahu.

Shortly before noon, the president made the trip to the Kailua Marine Corps Base, where he is hitting the links at the Kaneohe Clipper course.

Obama is golfing with close aide Marvin Nicholson, White House chef Sam Kass, and childhood friends Mike Ramos and Titcomb, whom the president has known since they attended Honolulu's Punahou School together in the 1970s.

Titcomb was arrested in April 2011 in an undercover prostitution sting operation. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge and the conviction was reportedly later expunged from his record.

With negotiations over the deficit at a standstill and Congress closed for the Christmas holiday, the first family left Washington late Friday for their annual vacation in Obama's native state, his first vacation of the year.

The president told reporters in a hastily scheduled appearance in the briefing room that he would "see you next week." His return date is still to be determined.

http://news.yahoo.com/off-fiscal-cli...-politics.html
Said in your OP he was going to golf on this trip... Was it necessary to post it in detail in the same thread? I understand stirring the pot, but this kind of stuff is just down right annoying, and you're better than that! I'll be waiting for your post detailing how he went to a funeral and how he opened gifts with his family.

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #26
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
That's the definition of most politicians...what's new? Your jimmies rustled?
Nah, I'm desensitized thanks to the likes of Mittens, Dubya and Palin. I'm still not condoning them though.

I would also note that the article says - it's Obama's "first vacation of the year"... Well earned, I would say.

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Republicans won't do anything until we go over the "fiscal cliff". The Republicans then can vote on lowering taxes and not raising them.

Problem with that is the top 2% will be paying 42% instead of 39%.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Said in your OP he was going to golf on this trip... Was it necessary to post it in detail in the same thread? I understand stirring the pot, but this kind of stuff is just down right annoying, and you're better than that! I'll be waiting for your post detailing how he went to a funeral and how he opened gifts with his family.
lol

Quote:

I would also note that the article says - it's Obama's "first vacation of the year"... Well earned, I would say.
This

Ding ding ding...

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #29
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Eh I am a little annoyed and my post below highlights some of why. But I'll refrain from stirring the pot further. Besides I have come to realize Poli is nothing but a bunch of pot stirring. Happy Holidays to you and your family though Kevin, I'll be nice.

Quote:
Nah, I'm desensitized thanks to the likes of Mittens, Dubya and Palin. I'm still not condoning them though.

My first vacation of the year as well and it may be cut short due to business. Cry me a river. Little irritated that he made the statement that no one is going anywhere until a deal is struck but hey why should I be surprised when he doesn't follow through...it's not like he's made similar promises.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01...-have-blocked/ and http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...d/blog-398201/

such legit websites!!!! They cite no sources, they just seem to have magically appeared in the head of someone as ignorant as you!Get your fvcking left wing d!ck riding out of here with bullsh!t facts that couldn't be backed up. LOL nice link to the library of congress, trying to throw me off from the obviously bullsh!t website you copy and pasted those facts from.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/author/mdesmond/ here is a link of the rest of this bloggers bullsh!t articles Lets start with his most recent one titled "4 More Years! President Obama Wins Re-Election, Real Work Begins" He rides left wing d!ck harder than you do So please, next time you try to prove something check your facts dumba$s
The rustling is strong in this one.

The partisan block & blame game is well documented. I have given you a link to the Library of Congress website. If you were bright enough to use it, you'd find that every single instance I mentioned (and more) actually happened.

Holla, angry kid.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 12-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #31
Lair

Quote:
The horror.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

The partisan block & blame game is well documented. I have you a link to the Library of Congress website. If you were bright enough to use it, you'd find that every single instance I mentioned (and more) actually happened.

Holla, angry kid.
crack me up with the one liners always at the end of your posts
Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #33
MDydinanM

Quote:
Little irritated that he made the statement that no one is going anywhere until a deal is struck but hey why should I be surprised when he doesn't follow through...it's not like he's made similar promises.
The president doesn't control when Congress goes on recess. Even had the President stayed, nothing would have been accomplished. If he wants to take 4 days, one of which to attend funeral, good for him.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-24-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #34
Fergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

The partisan block & blame game is well documented. I have given you a link to the Library of Congress website. If you were bright enough to use it, you'd find that every single instance I mentioned (and more) actually happened.

Holla, angry kid.
bullsh!t I looked and could find nothing. yes, you rustle my jimmies because you are one dumb motherfvcker.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 12-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #35
Lair

Still drunk?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #36
Fergo

don't drink.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
bimmerfan08

Congress awaits Obama's return for late push on "fiscal cliff"

WASHINGTON/HONOLULU (Reuters) - The United States on Wednesday edged closer to the "fiscal cliff" as Congress waited for President Barack Obama to return from vacation in Hawaii and make one final attempt to avoid huge tax hikes and spending cuts in the New Year.

In the absence of Obama, there was no sign of either side in Congress making an effort to strike a deal. The corridors of the Capitol building were empty except for an occasional police officer, and members' office doors stayed locked.

House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner has not yet set a date for bringing House members back to Washington from their Christmas break, an aide of the Republican leader said. That makes the timing of a vote on any budget deal before December 31 more difficult.

The Boehner aide also said there were no plans for new talks between the top Republican in Congress and Obama, who flies overnight and is due back in the White House on Thursday morning.

The inaction notwithstanding, there was still just enough time to prevent a fiscal crunch that would upset global financial markets and likely push the United States into recession.

Reports of lackluster retail holiday sales added to the urgency for a deal. Shoppers might be spending less this holiday season in fear of looming income tax increases. U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday, dragged lower by shares of retail companies.

A modest, last-minute measure in Congress to avoid deep spending cuts set for January 1 and most of the tax hikes could pass the Democratic-controlled Senate by the New Year, although Republicans would need to agree not use a procedural roadblock known as a filibuster.

But senators probably would not make the effort unless there was a strong signal from Boehner that the House would find a way to go along.

A Senate Democratic aide downplayed chances for votes this week in the Senate, but suggested there could be legislative movement at the weekend.

"We can't do anything until Republicans either give us the 60 votes," which are needed to advance legislation without long procedural delays, or allow a short-cut that lets bills pass on a simple majority vote in the 100-member chamber.

The focus in Congress is shifting from broad deficit reduction to narrower efforts to avert the immediate shock of the December 31 cliff dive.

"This is the (emergency) scenario that we have long believed would rise in probability the closer we go to December 31, which essentially calls for extending all the rates for those individuals making under $200K and households under $250K and does not address the debt ceiling or the deficit," analyst Chris Krueger of Guggenheim Securities wrote in a research note.

Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, who is retiring at year's end, told MSNBC that $250,000 "is too low of a threshold" for raising income taxes.

She said that in conversations she has had with some Senate Democrats, "they are saying maybe more in the $400,000 to $500,000 category."

Obama himself recently offered to raise the threshold to $400,000, before negotiations with Boehner broke off.

CLOCK TICKING

But even if a handful of Senate Republicans support Democrats on a measure to avoid the worst of the fiscal cliff, time is short.

When the Senate returns on Thursday it is due to work on a disaster aid bill to help New York and New Jersey recover from Superstorm Sandy and other measures.

In the Republican-controlled House, any bill that raises taxes on anyone would need a rare bipartisan vote to win approval.

All 191 Democrats might have to team up with at least 26 Republicans to get a majority if the bill included tax hikes on the wealthiest Americans, as Obama is demanding.

Some of those votes could conceivably come from among the 34 Republican members who are either retiring or were defeated in the November elections and no longer have to worry about the political fallout.

An alternative is for Congress to let income taxes go up on everyone as scheduled. Then, during the first week of January, lawmakers would strike a quick deal to reduce them except on people in the highest brackets.

They would also pass a measure putting off the $109 billion in automatic spending cuts that most lawmakers want to avoid.

Once the clock ticks past midnight on December 31, no member of Congress would have to vote for a tax increase on anyone - taxes would have risen automatically - and the only votes would be to decrease tax rates for most Americans back to their 2012 levels.

Americans' optimism that Obama and congressional leaders will reach a budget agreement before January 1 has waned in recent days, according to a Gallup poll.

Fifty percent believe a deal will be reached, a drop of 7 percentage points from the previous week, and 48 percent are doubtful. The poll was taken just after talks ran into trouble last week.

Starbucks Chief Executive Howard Schultz is urging workers in the company's roughly 120 Washington-area coffee shops to write "come together" on customers' cups on Thursday and Friday to send a message to politicians.

"We're paying attention, we're greatly disappointed in what's going on and we deserve better," Schultz told Reuters.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-congress...-business.html
Old 12-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #38
MDydinanM

Yawn.

They'll make a deal at the last minute or shortly thereafter. America will live on.

Also, Obama is apparently returning early from vacationing.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po...ton-wednesday/

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #39
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Yawn.

They'll make a deal at the last minute or shortly thereafter. America will live on.

Also, Obama is apparently returning early from vacationing.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po...ton-wednesday/
Good. I returned early too and went into work tonight to check over things and ensure product going to my customers is of great quality. Yawn, him and congress better get their sh!t together and finish what they stated.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #40
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Good. I returned early too and went into work tonight to check over things and ensure product going to my customers is of great quality. Yawn, him and congress better get their sh!t together and finish what they stated.
Difference between BHO coming back early and you returning early is... BHO runs the country... You run your mouth on an Internet forum... J/K lol you left yourself open man. Happy Holidays Zach!

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote