E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
earlgrey1920

My Ride: 2003 325i Sport Pkg
Eagle Eyes Tail Light Review

I bought a set of Eagle Eyes LED tail lights from ECS Tuning and thought I would write a quick review for anyone considering the upgrade.

PROS:
  • Good overall look. Running lights and brake lights are great -- much nicer than my old red and orange stock lenses. These units also look 100% better when the car is just sitting in the driveway.
  • Easy installation. Instructions are not included, so you'll have to find a DIY video on YouTube. However, the installation is very easy.

CONS:
  • Cheap quality. These units are clearly not the same quality as OE units. The interior pieces (that are installed in the trunk) look and feel like cheap plastic junk. The moisture seals are also cheap. I haven't experienced moisture issues yet, but I am sure it's just a matter of time.
  • The lights flicker. This is a picky point, but the lights flicker when the engine is not running. It may be rare for you to run your lights without the engine running, but on those occasions the lights will flicker. (For example, if your hazards are on and the engine is off, they will flicker.)
  • Signals look slightly defective. The signals appear to have a burned out LED in the middle of the top row -- by design. When I tested the lights initially, I immediately thought the units were defective. On closer inspection, I realize that's how they were designed.

VERDICT:

I was very disappointed with the overall quality of these units. Given the mediocre quality and the "defects" (i.e., flickering lights and burned out LED look of the signal) I cannot recommend them.

Regarding price, the total cost of these lights was approx. $400 Canadian. This includes the unit price, shipping, duties, taxes, and the insane $60 UPS brokerage fee.

Last edited by earlgrey1920; 12-24-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Could not upload image
earlgrey1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.