E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #621
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
10. Looking Up. Usually to check your Deadlift technique in the front mirror. Problems: your hips will end up too low (see #6), you can twist your neck, and the mirror only gives info about the front plane. Stop looking in the mirror, keep your head inline with your torso and check your technique by taping yourself.
Do you guys use or need the mirror to deadlift?

Crowded gym today and when I can't see myself in the mirror I feel it hurts my lift. When I'm repping it out, I don't think it matters, but when it's a set of one or two reps, I feel the mirror helps me make sure my chest is up, shoulders back and whatever else.

I believe the crossfit guys say looking at yourself in the mirror is bad.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #622
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
Do you guys use or need the mirror to deadlift?

Crowded gym today and when I can't see myself in the mirror I feel it hurts my lift. When I'm repping it out, I don't think it matters, but when it's a set of one or two reps, I feel the mirror helps me make sure my chest is up, shoulders back and whatever else.

I believe the crossfit guys say looking at yourself in the mirror is bad.
I'd prefer NOT to have mirrors, especially when I back/front squat and dead lift. I find that it distracts me more during the back/front squat though. As a result, I tend to pick a point on the rack and stare at it.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #623
Sensi09

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
In other news, my squat numbers dropped drastically today. I struggled with 375 lbs.; I only mustered two sets of 3. This is the second time that I've noticed a significant decrease in my strength from not eating due to relationship issues. The first occurred when I struggled with 335 lbs. on the bench Friday. I have been eating once, maybe twice a day tops, and I have been severely under calories. I lost 2 pounds!!! I was 184 lbs. AFTER eating chicken and rice for breakfast and drinking water during my lifting session. This is all bad! I treated myself to a steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, chicken strips and a strawberry shortcake tonight at TGIF, then ate a bag of chips and some Gummi Savers. I need to fix this calorie deficit bullsh|t, and fast!!!
You should be DLing 5xx with those numbers. I still struggle with 315 on squat, but hoping for 4 plates with DL.

I feel lack of sleep or not eating well bothers me more if I workout later in the day. If I can workout in the morning, I don't think it affects me as much.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #624
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
No mirrors here. Takes my focus away from the actual lift.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #625
Sensi09

I really like a mirror or some type of reflection (my gym has the clear glass in front of the squat rack) when I squat too so I know I'm going at least parallel.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #626
M3Inline6

Quote:
You should be DLing 5xx with those numbers. I still struggle with 315 on squat, but hoping for 4 plates with DL.

I feel lack of sleep or not eating well bothers me more if I workout later in the day. If I can workout in the morning, I don't think it affects me as much.
My dead lift and front squat numbers are still increasing, so I haven't reached full potential yet. My bench is probably really close to my max potential at my current weight: 350 lbs. for 2 reps....and my squat is over 400 lbs. for a couple of reps on a good day. I don't know that I can get the number much higher unless I gain more weight.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 12-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #627
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
I really like a mirror or some type of reflection (my gym has the clear glass in front of the squat rack) when I squat too so I know I'm going at least parallel.
Eh. I'd practice without and just have some body awareness. It will get you further fitness wise.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #628
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
My dead lift and front squat numbers are still increasing, so I haven't reached full potential yet. My bench is probably really close to my max potential at my current weight: 350 lbs. for 2 reps....and my squat is over 400 lbs. for a couple of reps on a good day. I don't know that I can get the number much higher unless I gain more weight.
Once I finish baseball I'm gonna go for some big numbers I think. Maybe compete for crossfit and see what it's like
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #629
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Once I finish baseball I'm gonna go for some big numbers I think. Maybe compete for crossfit and see what it's like
I think you'd be a good CF competitor.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #630
ShootyzGruve

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
I think you'd be a good CF competitor.
Word. I agree.
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #631
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
You should def do that man. The best guys are the strong ones that are conditioned. Guys like me don't have a shot. All the open workouts start in February I think so you can try those when they post them and see how you match up to everyone.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #632
ShootyzGruve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Guys like me don't have a shot.
Word, but I do like doing local throwdowns like at my own gym and stuff. It's good fun and is an entire day of working out.
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #633
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You should def do that man. The best guys are the strong ones that are conditioned. Guys like me don't have a shot. All the open workouts start in February I think so you can try those when they post them and see how you match up to everyone.
It wouldn't be until 2014 at least. If i get in the draft this year it will be even later. Well see!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #634
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Is there a page for all the CF games stuff? I'm feeling interested in it after I give physique one more shot.

I definitely have the strength, but the conditioning is far from there.

Are the CF games split up tested and open like bodybuilding? Or all tested/all open/all "drug free" but not tested? This would be a new world to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #635
BreakMyWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Is there a page for all the CF games stuff? I'm feeling interested in it after I give physique one more shot.

Are the CF games split up tested and open like bodybuilding? Or all tested/all open/all "drug free" but not tested? This would be a new world to me.
they test, but i guarantee the winners are all juiced. i think they test 6 weeks before.

they have like local ones first to qualify then theres a couple steps to go to from there

im the same i feel like my strength is fine, gotta get my conditioning in though.

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 12-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #636
dwass325

Quote:
they test, but i guarantee the winners are all juiced. i think they test 6 weeks before.

they have like local ones first to qualify then theres a couple steps to go to from there

im the same i feel like my strength is fine, gotta get my conditioning in though.
I just read their drug policy. Literally one of the worst things I've ever read.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 12-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #637
Glight

Quote:
I just read their drug policy. Literally one of the worst things I've ever read.
Most stuff put out by crossfit hq is incredibly bad. It is this narcissistic drunk that put together a fun workout program that somehow took off and now he basically runs it with all his friends and they have no business running a $200k business, much less a $200m business.

Most stuff is so vague that they can just do whatever they want in case someone wins or doesn't win that goes against their grand plan....

Annoying, but still fun to watch....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #638
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

You'd be in a good place since you're already strong. Conditioning will come quickly. Crossfit.com has crap programming so I use some others for my inspiration. Crossfitfootball.com is awesome though. As you know from talking to us there is a lot of crappy parts about cf but the guys that are at the top are pretty legit. Whether they juice or not. People just get confused because they do "crossfit" and wonder why they can't get to elite levels. It's because they do "crossfit" and think strong deadlifts will come with workouts that include a mile run, 100 push ups, and 2000m rows. That's their own fault for believing that though.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #639
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Most stuff put out by crossfit hq is incredibly bad. It is this narcissistic drunk that put together a fun workout program that somehow took off and now he basically runs it with all his friends and they have no business running a $200k business, much less a $200m business.

Most stuff is so vague that they can just do whatever they want in case someone wins or doesn't win that goes against their grand plan....

Annoying, but still fun to watch....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
They ban CAFFEINE. What the hell??

Quote:

Old 12-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #640
BreakMyWallet

Rofl. Caffeine is banned for me right now with the NCAA as well.