E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
i love my USP 9mm full size, no complaints. I got my eye on the P226, also a very nice pistol. You can get that with night sights out of the box.

USP you can run cocked and locked, P226 has no external safety iirc so it's just DA/SA.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
All HKs can run cocked and locked, though the P30s and HK45s need to have the right variants for it. If I were choosing between the Sig and an HK, I'd take the HKs for this reason. A long heavy double action trigger pull is more of a "safety" feature than anything else. Both Sigs and HKs have drop safeties, so the only way to drop that hammer is with a trigger pull. From an LE perspective, a lot of agencies running DA/SA require the gun to be decocked if the gun cannot be put on a cocked and locked safety like the HK. If I were to have the choice, I'd rather run a gun cocked and locked and have that shorter lighter SA trigger pull, as it's much more consistent with the first shot and leading into the second shot from that end.
JMHO

...Of course, I have really small hands, so I can only use the HK45 and P30s because the USP is too big for my warrior-sized hands. I can't run long DA triggers, which was part of the reason why I got rid of my Sig P226.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
m5killa

My Ride: Sperry's
I am running a 226 stainless elite and loving every minute of it. The gun is heavy but this is compensated with the controllable recoil of the gun.

http://www.westcoastspecialties.net/ <---- Best Body Shop in Sd
m5killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #24
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
I thought 007 used a PPK...

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Same difference lol.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Same difference lol.

Maybe I'm blind but the PPS and PPK look pretty different to me.

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 12-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post

Maybe I'm blind but the PPS and PPK look pretty different to me.
Yeah very different guns

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
HK P30 or P30L in DA/SA. Hands down my favorite pistol. They are so ergonomic and feel like they mold to your hands. They also, have interchangeable grips. Sig quality has also gone down the drain as of late. I rented a p938 and had it fte on numerous occasions. My buddy is also had issues with his p226. He had to send it back to Sig.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
HK P30 or P30L in DA/SA. Hands down my favorite pistol. They are so ergonomic and feel like they mold to your hands. They also, have interchangeable grips. Sig quality has also gone down the drain as of late. I rented a p938 and had it fte on numerous occasions. My buddy is also had issues with his p226. He had to send it back to Sig.
I have a sig p226 that has been 100% has never had any malfunction.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I have a sig p226 that has been 100% has never had any malfunction.
Yea, most are. I used to own one. Its just lately they have been having quality control issues. You can read about them on a few forums.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #30
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Yea, most are. I used to own one. Its just lately they have been having quality control issues. You can read about them on a few forums.
There have been a couple id be more worried about a gen 4 glock then a sig though. I wouldn't recommend trusting your life with anything until you have about 1000 flawless rounds through it IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #31
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
There have been a couple id be more worried about a gen 4 glock then a sig though. I wouldn't recommend trusting your life with anything until you have about 1000 flawless rounds through it IMO

Yea, I've heard of issues with those too. I only own 1 Glock. A Gen 3 Glock 20, I use for hunting backup.

SQ sound system
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
picked up a Sig Sauer P226 DAK. I really like it, shot if very well the first time I took it out.

here's a very noob question:

the gun is SA/DA, which i fully understand. but when you put the clip in, pull the slide back to chamber a round...the hammer goes back. so really, it's all single action if you pull the slide...

any of what i just typed make any sense?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #33
tiloulou330i

My Ride: 02 330i zsp
Send a message via AIM to tiloulou330i Send a message via MSN to tiloulou330i Send a message via Yahoo to tiloulou330i
Yes it is single action that way but with a light trigger.I wouldn't advise you to leave a round in the chamber without dropping the hammer.The DA 10 lbs pull is the best safety you can have.

Originally Posted by nawmean?
I know I sound naive, but some of the advice I've taken from this board has helped my life quite a bit
tiloulou330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
picked up a Sig Sauer P226 DAK. I really like it, shot if very well the first time I took it out.

here's a very noob question:

the gun is SA/DA, which i fully understand. but when you put the clip in, pull the slide back to chamber a round...the hammer goes back. so really, it's all single action if you pull the slide...

any of what i just typed make any sense?
Yes. The first round is fired in the long, heavy DA pull. The recoil of the round racks the slide, chambers the next round and cocks the hammer. All subsequent rounds are fired in SA
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #35
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Yes. The first round is fired in the long, heavy DA pull. The recoil of the round racks the slide, chambers the next round and cocks the hammer. All subsequent rounds are fired in SA
maybe i'm not being clear, i wasn't asking what DA/SA was.

1 - load clip
2- pull back slide to chamber first rd
3 - gun is already in single action mode..

i'm asking, if you are pulling the slide back to chamber a round, there is really never a DA pull...?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
maybe i'm not being clear, i wasn't asking what DA/SA was.

1 - load mag not clip
2- pull back slide to chamber first rd
3 - gun is already in single action mode..

i'm asking, if you are pulling the slide back to chamber a round, there is really never a DA pull...?
Yes, when you insert the mag and release the slide your in sa. However i would strongly recommend not leaving it there if you plan to carry or leave it loaded as a night stand gun. I would hit the decocker so the gun is in da again

Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #37
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
edit ^^ answered above

Last edited by daedalus34r; 01-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote