E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #41
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
All of our guides are hosted on the site. Apologies for the confusion there. Here is each 3 Series version.

Coupe:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr..._E46_Coupe.pdf

Convertible:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...onvertible.pdf

Sedan:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr..._E46_Sedan.pdf

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
riscal33

My Ride: '02 330xi 3pedal
Does this kit support music streaming apps?
riscal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #43
2Bad

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
The kit is no longer working with my IPhone. it charges only but the sound doesn't go through anymore. What should I do? :-(

2Bad
2Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #44
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

My Ride: Bavsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by riscal33 View Post
Does this kit support music streaming apps?
It depends on the exact application, you can trick some into working but others are a bit more difficult to get to work well with the system. At this time the factory music application is the only officially supported application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
The kit is no longer working with my IPhone. it charges only but the sound doesn't go through anymore. What should I do? :-(

2Bad
Have you tried a reset on the module? Simply unplug it for about 10 minutes and plug it back in! If you do have a DSP adapter the issue could lie there as well, feel free to shoot me an email and we can do some additional troubleshooting if needed as well!

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

Jeremy Bavsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #45
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
Quick and easy question: Can you use the iPod itself to control the music? I want to be able to access my playlists and artists using the iPod, not the steering wheel controls or the OEM stereo.

Thanks!
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #46
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsv View Post
Quick and easy question: Can you use the iPod itself to control the music? I want to be able to access my playlists and artists using the iPod, not the steering wheel controls or the OEM stereo.

Thanks!
Yes you can set the Mediabridge up to allow you to control it from your iPod/iPhone. Once you have selected a specific artist/playlist you are still able to use the track forward/backwards buttons on the radio to go through the specific artist/playlist tracks as well!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #47
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
^ Sweet!

And... I don't see a guide for the Touring. I'm assuming it will work in wagon?
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #48
atbecstacy

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 AW 6MT
Jeremy - any changes coming with the release of the new dock connector on the iPods / iPhones ?
atbecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #49
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsv View Post
^ Sweet!

And... I don't see a guide for the Touring. I'm assuming it will work in wagon?
It will work just fine! Reference the install guide for the sedan as it will be very similar, we do not have a wagon specific install at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbecstacy View Post
Jeremy - any changes coming with the release of the new dock connector on the iPods / iPhones ?
There is an updated dock being worked on currently for the iPhone 5, and for the time being the Soundplicity with just the adapter from Apple will work just fine!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #50
nlav26

My Ride: 2001 330i
Just got my soundplicity kit today. So I'm assuming I can just skip the part of the install about programming the dice unit? This is just a plug and play type deal? Or do I need to program anything to get this up and running properly?

Thanks
Nick
Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #51
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

As an update to the previous posts, we do have our iPhone 5 docks in and ready to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlav26 View Post
Just got my soundplicity kit today. So I'm assuming I can just skip the part of the install about programming the dice unit? This is just a plug and play type deal? Or do I need to program anything to get this up and running properly?

Thanks
Nick
You do want to follow the order of plugging it in, and powering the car on, and leaving it be with no iPod connected for around 1 minute, but after that you are good to go!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #52
myles01

My Ride: 330i 02'
Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy just the soundplicity cord? I bought the soundplicity system less than a year ago and the cord came out from beside the seat and the power seat spliced it and now it is shorting out.
myles01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #53
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Just ordred one of these setups and I'm looking forward to the install. I've been saying for a year that I needed an iPod/iPhone connection and I finally found the time and money to order one!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #54
partyvi

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Installed the Soundplicity kit into my 330Ci and it works like a charm with my iPhone 5 (with a 30-pin to lightning adapter cable). Tucked the iPod cable under the seat and door trim, and have it exiting the e-brake boot. It buzzed for about a minute and was crystal clear all night. I will definitely recommend this product to anyone whoa asks.
partyvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #55
racee78

My Ride: 2008 M5
Ok, maybe I am missing something but I ordered the "DICE Duo BMW iPod / iPhone / Sirius Satellite Radio Integration Kit" BSW has on their website but just received the package and it says Soundplicity. Are these different? Is one better than the other? I am just not sure why they advertise the DICE and send you the Soundplicity?
racee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #56
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racee78 View Post
Ok, maybe I am missing something but I ordered the "DICE Duo BMW iPod / iPhone / Sirius Satellite Radio Integration Kit" BSW has on their website but just received the package and it says Soundplicity. Are these different? Is one better than the other? I am just not sure why they advertise the DICE and send you the Soundplicity?
We are transitioning fully to our Soundplicity line, apologies for the confusion the website is not 100% up to date! The unit you received functions 100% identically to the Dice Duo, and we are able to provide better support on it!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #57
Bateau

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bavsound View Post
The unit you received functions 100% identically to the Dice Duo, and we are able to provide better support on it!
Jeremy, if you're saying soundplicity is 100% identical to Dice Duo, does that mean you guys added text display support to Soundplicity? I purchased a Soundplicity unit last October and it didn't have text support then.
Bateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateau View Post
Jeremy, if you're saying soundplicity is 100% identical to Dice Duo, does that mean you guys added text display support to Soundplicity? I purchased a Soundplicity unit last October and it didn't have text support then.
What Racee78 ordered and received was the new Soundplicity Control II which is identical to the Duo, not the Soundplicity that we debuted last year and still have available that has no text display, sorry for any confusion! We are doing our best to get the website updated to reflect all of this!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
hanklin00

My Ride: 02 330i
Is there a cheaper method of shipment to Ontario Canada right now its currently at $43 dollars thats a little bit high in my opinion
hanklin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #60
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanklin00 View Post
Is there a cheaper method of shipment to Ontario Canada right now its currently at $43 dollars thats a little bit high in my opinion
Hanklin, unfortunately at this time there is not. If you have any friends in the US that will be visiting soon we could ship it to them however!