E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
I'm debating on getting the Dice The only thing I care about is having an aux and bluetooth. My c43 radio is too old to accept aux from factory. I'm between getting this and going full out Dynavin. I can't yet afford the Dynavin, but I'm not sure I want to waste my money on this.

Can anyone comment on how well the aux sounds on the HK system?
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
GreekDragon

My Ride: -
First - Nice write-up!
It was reviews like this that lead me to purchase the MediaBridge for my sister's '02 330i.

Installation was straight forward & easy, followed BSW's YouTube video.
Streaming audio via Spotify works great, easily linked iPhone 4 via Bluetooth.

Second - a bit of thread jacking...
Phone calls are great (as far as car Bluetooth systems go), until highway speeds (70 mph) are reached. At that point, the mic seems to pick up outrageous amounts of ambient noise. The mic is located in the overhead panel as per BSW installation video.

I am thinking that relocating the mic will solve this issue. After a bit of searching I read that other have mounted the mic to the steering column or gauge cluster.

I figured this forum would be the best place to get help...

Thank you in advanced.
GreekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #23
Aking23

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i
iam having issues with the interference my DICE picks up and i just bought it:/
I installed it from the trunk to behind the glovebox like in BSW's video and now i get the chirping and the high pich sound that goes along with the engines rpms.... the chirping stays evan if i take off scroll.
any suggestions?
99 sedan 323i
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
IHAZBMR

My Ride: '02 M3 SMG
My unit just stopped being recognized all together, went from not going into BT mode, to not going into Aux mode, to now not even going into Sirius mode, I just changed my battery because it died, and even with the new one it doesn't even show that it's connected....WTF??? I need a SOLID SIRIUS unit, not one that I pay every month for that works sometimes and doesn't work other times...what can I do?

'02 Ti Silver M3 SMG SoCal I.E.

Mods: 35% Ceramic tint, CF Wrap Interior, CF roundels, CF Shift Knob, Painted reflectors, Cell Phone holder, Euro mirrors, Dice Mediabridge, Sirius SC-C1

IHAZBMR's '02 M3 SMG
IHAZBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
sharkbaitgirl

My Ride: BMW 330i E46
Question Need advice - interference noise via media bridge

Need some advice??

I get tinie noise every 1-2 sec from the unit thought the speakers or interference from the mediabridge which I bought from http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ (BSW). Purchased the bluetooth, iPhone (usb), with microphone, and Sat Radio. My main reason to buy this was to stream music via bluetooth (BT). I don't have or care about Sat Radio. I've been debating if I want to install the mic or not. It's connected just sitting in the glove box. I have BT headset I love which allows me to call/answer from either my Samsung or iPhone which the mediabridge is not going to do.

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing from the USB cable or bluetooth (BT). Or if I'm playing music from my Samsung S3 or iPhone 4s. I followed the BSW installation video by using the connection from my 6 disc CD changer in the truck. I ran the media bridge cable under the back seat (easy to remove thanks to video) then laid the cable along the passenger side of the car (currently it's just laying their not tucked in under the trim until I solve this problem) and place the unit behind the glove box. Connected the mediabridge usb cable and mic that came with the unit in the glove box. Connected my apple iPhone cable to the USB in the glove box. Again not sure if I want the mic in the car or not.

The interference noise has nothing to with the engine as I can hear the noise through the speakers when the engine is off.

I do NOT hear the interference when I listen to the FM radio and I did not hear it when I listen to my 6 disc CD changer which was in the truck.

I travel for work a lot so I also use my phones every week to play music via BT in a different rental car each week so again no issues. Only time I hear interference is when I stream music or play music from my phone(s) via BT in my car.

Plus I also removed all of my BT devices from the car except my iPhone to verify the interference was NOT being caused by other BT devices. Thus did this same test with my Samsung (removed my BT headset and iPhone) from the car. Originally only had my iPhone connected to BT and not my Samsung S3 so I know it's not multiple devices. I only paired the mediabridge with my Smasung S3 after a couple of days and I wanted to see if the problem was my iPhone.

Originally after installing the unit it took some time to pair with my iPhone however that may be of been user error not the device. Now every time I get in the car it's a toss up with phone is paired first. I don't care which one get's paired first as they both phones can stream music and/or has my playlists on them. :-)

When I get a call my media bridge works fine however it does get interference.

I also notice the noise when I listen to navigation app on my phones. As an fyi.. I can stream music via BT then have my navigation app will stop the music then give me voice directions as required (works perfect).

My goal was to install this in my 2001 BMW E46 seden then if things go well I will install another unit in my mini convertible.

My 2001 BMW E46 has the OEM business radio with a tape drive. I bought the car new with 8 miles so I've had the car this whole time and demanded the car be sealed (no one was allowed to drive muchless sit in my car). I LOVE my car.

Any suggestions?

BTW.. I left them several messages asking them if Samsung S3 would work and they never replied. For those of you who have inquiring minds. Samsung S3 paired with the unit immediately (no issues). Samsung does stream music from google music and from the device itself but it too has the interference sound. Wondering now why I bought the unit from them as I don't have any confidence they will reply to my inquiry about the noise interference as it's very annoying. I recorded it the interference on my other phone which you can clearly hear the tinie noise.

Thank you everyone who have provided feedback on this as I really want to be able to stream bluetooth music from my car._nr_
sharkbaitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #26
Aking23

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i
ehhh i returned my dice to bav sound, it was just too glitchy-_-

i am now going to wait till the new parrot asteroid tablet comes out and hopefully thats a little more stable
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
sharkbaitgirl

Good response from BSW & Fingers crossed swap unit will solve it!

Very surprised to received email from BSW during the holidays. Wow.. I was impressed with their good customer service. They asked me to try to unplug the 3 pin connector for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min, which performs a hard reset. Unfortunately it didn't solve it so they are now swapping the unit out.

Very hopeful!

Last edited by sharkbaitgirl; 01-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #28
sharkbaitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking23 View Post
ehhh i returned my dice to bav sound, it was just too glitchy-_-

i am now going to wait till the new parrot asteroid tablet comes out and hopefully thats a little more stable
Any clue when it's coming out? Let me know when you install it as I would be interested to know how it works out for you.

My preference is to get the DICE/Audiovox working.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
McGary911

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbaitgirl View Post
Very surprised to received email from BSW during the holidays. Wow.. I was impressed with their good customer service. They asked me to try to unplug the 3 pin connector for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min, which performs a hard reset. Unfortunately it didn't solve it so they are now swapping the unit out.

Very hopeful!
I think you're hearing the noise from the scrolling display. If you turn that off, it should go away. Do the chirps happen at the exact time the scrolling advances? If so, that could be your issue. I listen to a lot of podcasts, so I'm able to hear them easier than if I'm listening to music.

My MB IS a but quirky, but it does what I want pretty well and keeps the car looking bone stock, which I like.
McGary911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
yappering

My Ride: 323i
Bump on the thread. New firmware version 7106 is out. Anyone update? I am afraid that it will create problems. Overall the dice is still performing decently but bluetooth mike call quality is questionable. Maybe it's a placement issue vs hardware quality issue. Does anyone know where to get old firmwares if there is a problem with the update?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
yappering is offline   Reply With Quote