E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #21
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
I am so sick and tired of this. I have explained Chinese manufacturing 100 times on this forum and some people still don't get it. At least a few individuals did my work for me and explained how there is nothing wrong with brand name parts that are manufactured in China.

http://www.meyle.com/EN/Spare-parts/MEYLE-HD.html

http://www.meyle.com/_download/compa...ificate-en.pdf

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
ARrrrgh, who the F moves threads like this?

This was created to get maximum exposure and inform the MOST fanatics that I can about this hidden manufacturing incident. And now that it's way over here in the "suspension and braking" forum, it will hardly get the exposure that it needs.

PUT IT BACK MODS. PLEASE!
It won't get exposure because the moderators know there is nothing worth exposing.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
The Meyle rotors are perfectly fine and capable, regardless of where they are made. I've had mine on several months now. Not a spec of rust, completely balanced, no warping, finish is still perfect. Put aside your foolish prejudices and deal with a sticker that says it's made in China...or don't.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
fth001

My Ride: 325i, e36m3, s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I am so sick and tired of this. I have explained Chinese manufacturing 100 times on this forum and some people still don't get it. At least a few individuals did my work for me and explained how there is nothing wrong with brand name parts that are manufactured in China.

Those guys who dont get it are just badge whores that believe every stereotype out there. But I think the OP is upset that "made in China" was not disclosed to him prior purchase. We need to give him a hug and tell him that everythings going to be ok.
fth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
miyata

My Ride: 2005 330 XI
If you have look carefully, Chinese have bought many Europe and US business, including Germany auto parts, Italian garment and shoes, French perfume, Canada oil and US network. They have accumulated billions of currency reservoir, and have interests and money to buy anything. I don't agree it's a threat but an ambitious (also short-cut) to abolish their bad name. If everything runs smoothly, Chinese knock-off quality will get better and better.
miyata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
If your so anal, why didn't you go to your dealer and buy BMW stamped parts?
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post

you are so fvcking arrogant. Shut up Mango
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #28
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by fth001 View Post
Those guys who dont get it are just badge whores that believe every stereotype out there. But I think the OP is upset that "made in China" was not disclosed to him prior purchase. We need to give him a hug and tell him that everythings going to be ok.
EXACTLY. I was mislead by the "german" branding and stamping all over Meyle parts, that's what I was most upset about.

Here's a perfect example of another product made in China that has created havoc in my house. Bought my son a Remote Control Helicopter for xmas, it was about 60-70$ but I had a groupon and used it to get it for about $40. My son opens it on xmas day, I go to charge it, and the F***IN charging connector on the copter straight up pushes in and goes so far that you can't even insert the plug! WTF!!!? Has a sticker RIGHT on the box and copter that says "QC Passed" what the F kind of bogus sticker scam is that? QC passed? Did you even plug the f**INg thing in? My son cried on Xmas morning because of this and I couldn't blame him.

I'm pretty technical, so I started taking the POS apart, was able to get to the charging plug and then connected it to charge. I actually went so far as to improve the **** ty mounting point for that charging port and used some 3 ton epoxy to secure it in so it would no longer move. Would the thing charge now that it was connected? NO! F**W*WE*(RW PIECE OF SH*(**T! After all that, I had checked all electrical connections and the only thing I could think of is that the battery was garbage to begin with and won't hold not even one ounce of charge. Have to return it now, and explain to my son how you can return things that Santa brings because the "elves must have messed it up."

So yeah, severe lack of quality in Chinese made things go a lot deeper than you may imagine.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #29
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
By the way, back on topic, I am rolling on 100% chinese rotors right now and everything seems good so far.

Last edited by trizzuth; 12-27-2012 at 08:02 AM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #30
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
The first "Made in China" part I put in my car failed right away. It was Meyle oil level sensor that had "Meyle Germany " all over the box with a "Made in China" sticker on it. Chinese parts are never as good, even if the same quality / manufacturing procedures are used.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330cic View Post
The first "Made in China" part I put in my car failed right away. It was Meyle oil level sensor that had "Meyle Germany " all over the box with a "Made in China" sticker on it. Chinese parts are never as good, even if the same quality / manufacturing procedures are used.
did you know the genuine bmw coils on the e46 are made in china?

please don't post if you don't know what you are talking about.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
TrickTizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post

That must explain why they are a POS.

Last edited by TrickTizzle; 12-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #33
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
That must explain why they are a POS.
Not quite. The old ones were made in Germany. The newest Genuine BMW replacements are currently being manufactured in China.

Nice try though.

And FWIW, my original Bremi German coils are still perfect (01 date stamp)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
TrickTizzle

Quote:
Not quite. The old ones were made in Germany. The newest Genuine BMW replacements are currently being manufactured in China.

Nice try though.

And FWIW, my original Bremi German coils are still perfect (01 date stamp)
How many miles on your car?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #35
zac5

My Ride: Turbo M3
some people just can't accept the fact that Chinese are capable of making quality stuff. As a Chinese, I am fully aware there have been knock-offs factories around the whole time, however, there are also many outstanding manufactures who are making excellent parts around.
Believe it or not, Cosworth has some of their stuff made/assembled here in China. Lost your jaw yet?

My friend's 1200hp GTR has forged internals of all aftermarket parts that is Chinese made, it went through so many races without a problem. He later swapped a UK made fuel line for testing which led the car burnt into ash. Will he give up on parts that is made in UK then? No.

See the sample here? If I ever going to build my motor, why spend a fortune plus go through all the hassle of custom and shipping when local shop can do it as good?
zac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #36
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac5 View Post
See the sample here? If I ever going to build my motor, why spend a fortune plus go through all the hassle of custom and shipping when local shop can do it as good?
Indeed. I am also Chinese(HK), and I agree with this good man.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #37
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
Quote:

The coils on my car are made in Germany, I checked them a few months ago when I changed my plugs. You're the one that doesn't know what you are talking about, so maybe you should take your own advice and not post here.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #38
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330cic View Post
The coils on my car are made in Germany, I checked them a few months ago when I changed my plugs. You're the one that doesn't know what you are talking about, so maybe you should take your own advice and not post here.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 12-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricktizzle View Post
how many miles on your car?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #40