E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #2041
///A

My Ride: e92 335is JB4
5. ///A lol. E92 335is now. :p
///A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #2042
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Reserved for pics tomorrow. I'm laying in bed now

Oh and BTW if anyone has a set of h&r springs laying around I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #2043
deadwood83

My Ride: has an iron lung
Send a message via MSN to deadwood83
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold9485 View Post
Reserved for pics tomorrow. I'm laying in bed now

Oh and BTW if anyone has a set of h&r springs laying around I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

You sure you want H&R? Eibach drop it plenty low. So low that the bumper rubs on ramps.

Also I, too, wanted more go than the ole xi could provide. So I shoved some things down its throat.

Fitting/plumbing the intercooler was a right bastard.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #2044
330xIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood83 View Post
You sure you want H&R? Eibach drop it plenty low. So low that the bumper rubs on ramps.

Also I, too, wanted more go than the ole xi could provide. So I shoved some things down its throat.

Fitting/plumbing the intercooler was a right bastard.
Mind throwing up some pics of how low they go and the wheel gap and everything?

And wow! I thought our drivetrains couldn't handle that kind of power?

-James-
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #2045
deadwood83

Eibach pro-kit put you at about stock ZHP height. With stock style 45's and very worn tires, wheel gap is under 2" easily. I lined things up conservatively, sop that wheel gap would be overestimated. The Eibach puts my car a few mm's lower than a bone stock 335i sedan with M-Sport package. The pics may not look very low, but it's about as low as a DD should go IMO. If I had wider tires, the wheel gap would appear much smaller since less liner would be visible.

Front

Rear

Front Bumper

Overall

As for the driveline:
-The transfer case is mfg'ed by New Ventures and was used in the GMC Sierra as well. It was rated by New Ventures for a continuous torque load of 3450lbs.
-The auto trans is the same unit used in the 330i ZHP cars. All xi autos are spec'd for 390Nm of torque load by BMW. In reality, it all comes down to how you drive it. IPT also makes uprated transmission parts, and both Dinan and ESS offer software.
-The manual transmission carries a beefier flywheel than RWD E46's.
-The rear diff is the same as all non-M's, with ratio being determined by transmission choice.
-The front diff's ratings are unknown, but so long as fluid level and quality are maintained, I don't see it being a problem.
-The front axles are solid steel. All axle failures are due to torn boots. In terms of torque load, these are not a problem.
-The xi subframe is reinforced beyond RWD spec, as well as seeing less power since it's split 38/62 front/back.

I'm running 10-10.5psi and the trans has thrown zero codes whatsoever. But I also drive like a grandma most of the time. The drivetrain should be fine, with the possible exception being an auto transmission. Though after the cost of an S/C kit, a $700 valve body or $650 high stall torque converter that you take a day to install isn't such an expensive thing either. Gotta stay on top of the fluids though.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #2046
Visor328i

My Ride: rolls on VS-XX
Yeah that's really not low enough for me
KW coilovers next summer for me.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #2047
330xIce

Quote:
Eibach pro-kit put you at about stock ZHP height. With stock style 45's and very worn tires, wheel gap is under 2" easily. I lined things up conservatively, sop that wheel gap would be overestimated. The Eibach puts my car a few mm's lower than a bone stock 335i sedan with M-Sport package. The pics may not look very low, but it's about as low as a DD should go IMO. If I had wider tires, the wheel gap would appear much smaller since less liner would be visible.

As for the driveline:
-The transfer case is mfg'ed by New Ventures and was used in the GMC Sierra as well. It was rated by New Ventures for a continuous torque load of 3450lbs.
-The auto trans is the same unit used in the 330i ZHP cars. All xi autos are spec'd for 390Nm of torque load by BMW. In reality, it all comes down to how you drive it. IPT also makes uprated transmission parts, and both Dinan and ESS offer software.
-The manual transmission carries a beefier flywheel than RWD E46's.
-The rear diff is the same as all non-M's, with ratio being determined by transmission choice.
-The front diff's ratings are unknown, but so long as fluid level and quality are maintained, I don't see it being a problem.
-The front axles are solid steel. All axle failures are due to torn boots. In terms of torque load, these are not a problem.
-The xi subframe is reinforced beyond RWD spec, as well as seeing less power since it's split 38/62 front/back.

I'm running 10-10.5psi and the trans has thrown zero codes whatsoever. But I also drive like a grandma most of the time. The drivetrain should be fine, with the possible exception being an auto transmission. Though after the cost of an S/C kit, a $700 valve body or $650 high stall torque converter that you take a day to install isn't such an expensive thing either. Gotta stay on top of the fluids though.
Thanks for the pictures! After seeing that however, I think I'm gonna lean towards the H&R. I really want to get rid of as much wheel gap as possible.

And I bet that car is damn fun to drive! Im lovin it

-James-
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #2048
deadwood83

Wheelgap is all personal preference. I would warn you though, ANY drop on the xi comes at about 2-3x the ride harshness of an equivalent drop in an rwd car. With Eibach, Bilstein, and Rogue RSMs, my ride is firmer than an AWD FX35 with 8 year old bone stock suspension, run-flats, and 20" rims. This is a comparison I am confident in because I drive both regularly. Though it wouldn't be hard to have better roads than here. There is a cloverleaf shaped onramp where about a 14" wide strip was been replaced with a soapstone mixture. If you roll over it while going any faster than 25mph, you can feel the rear slide out. Any change in pavement material is usually accompanied by a .75-1" bump as well. If the E46 seats weren't so comfortable, it would be unbearable. Always consider form vs function. If you want to go to levels of low that RWD folks with cupkits are seeing, sell the car. It's completely possible, but it will ruin everything decent about the suspension as well as continue to buttsex your wallet for years to come. Don't sacrifice long term comfort for looks. If your car doesn't make you grin like a retarded orangutan, something isn't right.

The car is 'fun' enough that I have invested in a V1.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #2049
Gottalovethexi

My Ride: 03 xi & 72 Bav
Send a message via AIM to Gottalovethexi
KWs all day

Sitting just right
Old 08-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #2050
fat-marshmellow

My Ride: ///M3 SMG
xi_chee keeping posted with the old xi lol...used to be daily driven slammed stretched poke xi. sold a while back. fear no axles

to....///M

ex: 2002 TIAG 325xi (sold), 2007 suzuki gsxr (sold)
current: 2002 carbon black ///M SMG
halogen headlights? want hid projectors? on a budget? maybe i can help! go here!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840919
fat-marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2051
Visor328i

Gottalovethexi, are those 4 front wheels??

xi_chee your sedan was so sick! I'm also rocking an '02 Carbon M3 (sig) and I just got an '05 325xiT for winter.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #2052
Visor328i

Quote:
Wheelgap is all personal preference. I would warn you though, ANY drop on the xi comes at about 2-3x the ride harshness of an equivalent drop in an rwd car. With Eibach, Bilstein, and Rogue RSMs, my ride is firmer than an AWD FX35 with 8 year old bone stock suspension, run-flats, and 20" rims. This is a comparison I am confident in because I drive both regularly. Though it wouldn't be hard to have better roads than here. There is a cloverleaf shaped onramp where about a 14" wide strip was been replaced with a soapstone mixture. If you roll over it while going any faster than 25mph, you can feel the rear slide out. Any change in pavement material is usually accompanied by a .75-1" bump as well. If the E46 seats weren't so comfortable, it would be unbearable. Always consider form vs function. If you want to go to levels of low that RWD folks with cupkits are seeing, sell the car. It's completely possible, but it will ruin everything decent about the suspension as well as continue to buttsex your wallet for years to come. Don't sacrifice long term comfort for looks. If your car doesn't make you grin like a retarded orangutan, something isn't right.

The car is 'fun' enough that I have invested in a V1.
I had H&R Race/Bilstein sport on my E46 sedan with 18's,
KW V1 on my E90 with 19's,
KW V2 on my E46 M3 with 19's,
I forgot what a confortable ride was so I like to go low!
So it will be KW V1 on my 325xiT with 19's next summer!

Last edited by Visor328i; 08-28-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Visor328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #2053
deadwood83

Hahahahaha, if you don't have a comfortable ride to compare to, no problem!

Unfortunately we are saddled with two Rolls Royces. So even the stock ride feels incredibly sporty in comparison.

It does track something amazingly though. The corners. Oh my the corners.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #2054
330xIce

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346261442345.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	466739

My 4x4

-James-
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #2055
Gottalovethexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor328i View Post
Gottalovethexi, are those 4 front wheels?
Nope...it's four rears
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2056
Visor328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottalovethexi View Post
Nope...it's four rears
lol what size tires?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #2057
defasturias

My Ride: E46
Here is my 2001 330xi on Eibach Pro Kit. It is not even near calling low.

defasturias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #2058
Gottalovethexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor328i View Post
lol what size tires?
In that pic, 245/30-18 Hankook V12's
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #2059
devin_name

My Ride: 2004 325i
Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself. I've been on the forum for about five years now but recently bought a second e46... an 01 325xi in black with dove grey leather. The car has premium and cold weather packages as well. Fairly nice car overall even though previous owner didn't care for it cosmeticly. Previous owner had changed oil religiously every 5000 miles and replaced coolant system, pulleys and belt, front axles and done all of the various inspections. I picked it up with 155k miles and have had it in my garage since day one. So far I cleaned DISA, Throttle body and ICV. Replaced some vacume hoses, VCG, fuel pump, some hoses for oil seperator, headlight lenses, front drive shaft and battery. I also stripped the entire interior... seats, center console and door panels... treated all the leather with Leatherique and replaced a window regulator while I was in there. I also covered the horrible woodgrain trim with carbon fiber cloth. Once all that was done I went to work on the paint... worked at the scratches and swirls for quite some time before apllying a coat of glaze then wax. The exterior still isn't up to par (especially compared to my other car) but considering this is going to be my daily driver all winter in snow and ice on gravelled roads I figured I'd wait till spring to really get all the paint issues corrected.

No pictures yet but will most likely post some come spring when I've lowered her and put on new wheels. BTW... paid $4000 for her. Not bad considering I'm still under $5000 even after all the work I've done and I know that all the regular maintenance stuff has been done.
devin_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #2060
dpgrand

You have been very busy!! Got any pictures?