E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Exterior

Exterior
Exterior BMW parts, OEM or aftermarket. Body kits, spoilers, body panels, trunks, hoods, fenders, lips, bumpers, mirrors, moldings, trim, etc...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
taveet330i

My Ride: Jet Black 2002 330i
HELP: Trunk lid opening by itself

Hey all
I couldn't find a better place to post this so I did in here. Sorry if the wrong forum.
Sometimes (about 4 times a week), I will start my car and notice that the indicator for an open trunk lid is illuminated. I get out and sure enough, I can open it without pressing the button in the handle. I hang my keys from my belt loop or neck so no way the button gets pressed.
It is a 2002 330i. Anyone ever had a problem with this or know how it is caused? I do not get any codes when I scan it so I am a bit confused.
Any help would be appreciated!

Dedication

Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
taveet330i

Still lookind for help

Dedication

Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Used to happen to me, just close it up. You might accidentally hit it from time to time even though you think it's not possible.

Also, aliens.
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
taveet330i

Thanks a lot for the help! I agree, didnt think it was possible but I guess it is. But the aliens sounds more viable than the button being pressed.

Dedication

Old 12-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Did you buy it new?

Ever consider that pervious owner hid a dead body in there and it's still stuck in there trying to escape its untimely demise sometimes?

As a paranormal expert myself, I'd be totally willing to trade you my stock 330 trunk for it in the name of researching yours, that is, if its a cf csl rep? Preferably Vorsteiner? Happy to make the sacrifice for the betterment of important research. Thanks...

M
Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
mystuffisbest

My Ride: E46 Vert E92 Coupe
All BS aside the problem is probably the rubber stops oh the trunk lid. Unscrew them a couple of turns shut the lid and hit the button. If the lid dont pop open with one click unscrew them more till it does.
mystuffisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
taveet330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Did you buy it new?

Ever consider that pervious owner hid a dead body in there and it's still stuck in there trying to escape its untimely demise sometimes?

As a paranormal expert myself, I'd be totally willing to trade you my stock 330 trunk for it in the name of researching yours, that is, if its a cf csl rep? Preferably Vorsteiner? Happy to make the sacrifice for the betterment of important research. Thanks...

M
Maybe a trade the other way? I actually would love a cf csl style trunk door, it would go well with the black exterior. And I didnt see any bodies in there but I did buy it used..

Dedication

Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Adjust your trunk springs. You twist the black cap.

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote