E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #281
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
that's typical for me too when I start them (or restart them). Usually gives me poops but after a week it's like normal digestion, or as close as I can get to it at this point.
I tried them for about ten days before I saw a doctor. Made it SO much worse. Like pudding out of a civil war cannon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #282
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Any updates?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #283
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Any updates?
^^This!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #284
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Any updates?
I have a follow up with my doc on Jan 8.

I can happily say that my symptoms are 95% gone though. I'm not sure if its the antibiotics that I was on or the UC meds that I'm still on, but I'm a functional person again.

Still don't have this thing figured out, but that's an easier thing to accept with the symptoms under control.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #285
dwass325

I had to move my appointment as I'll be out of town on work this next week.

I've been giving some thought to trying a legit Crossfit routine for a while (accepting that my body gilding days are, for now, over). There's a good Crossfit gym up the street from me and I'm trying their "introductory" class this coming weekend. I have a hard time doing something without an opportunity for competition, so we'll see if I like this.

And for a little story I probably shouldn't tell anybody...like I said in my last post, my symptoms are 95% gone. But that still leaves 5%. When I have an "episode" I basically have to go and it's VERY urgent - to the point I get a mini glute workout trying to NOT crap myself (which does wonders for your ego when you're creeping up on 30 and have to actively think about not crapping yourself.) So today I'm at the gym and decide to tan after my workout. I'm in the bed and...it hits me. I had four minutes left on my time and I spent about six minutes total attempting to not "sh!t the bed." Also, having gas in a tanning bed is the worst. Not only is it an enclosed space, but it's HOT. Cooked farts while trying to not sh1t yourself...misery.

That is all.

Quote:

Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #286
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I had to move my appointment as I'll be out of town on work this next week.

I've been giving some thought to trying a legit Crossfit routine for a while (accepting that my body gilding days are, for now, over). There's a good Crossfit gym up the street from me and I'm trying their "introductory" class this coming weekend. I have a hard time doing something without an opportunity for competition, so we'll see if I like this.

And for a little story I probably shouldn't tell anybody...like I said in my last post, my symptoms are 95% gone. But that still leaves 5%. When I have an "episode" I basically have to go and it's VERY urgent - to the point I get a mini glute workout trying to NOT crap myself (which does wonders for your ego when you're creeping up on 30 and have to actively think about not crapping yourself.) So today I'm at the gym and decide to tan after my workout. I'm in the bed and...it hits me. I had four minutes left on my time and I spent about six minutes total attempting to not "sh!t the bed." Also, having gas in a tanning bed is the worst. Not only is it an enclosed space, but it's HOT. Cooked farts while trying to not sh1t yourself...misery.

That is all.
Hahah the fan used to blast the farts right into my face. I'm interested in how you'll like the crossfit stuff. Hopefully you won't see the doucheyness just yet
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #287
dwass325

I did the intro session at my local Crossfit yesterday. After the standard "this is what Crossfit is and this is why we think it's great" we went through the workout.

First part was some sort of sandbag carry where you throw a rucksack filled with sand over your shoulder, take it a distance, run back to where you started, run back, and do it again. I'm not sure how heavy my bag was, but we did five of these. Next was burpees - ten of them. Last was "wall balls," fifteen of them, and I used a 20lb ball. It was a ten minute timed workout.

I got 2.5 circuits done. I was doing great on the rucksack things...then came burpees. I couldn't make it through ten of them without stopping, nevermind that my form on them is terrible (and they are a miserable, awful movement).

Anyway, I liked it overall. I signed up for a month of Crossfit. The first two weeks is "foundation" classes, where they go over a different aspect each time. After that, you can do any of the WOD sessions, olympic lifting sessions, benchmarking, etc.

Quote:

Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #288
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
"Another one bites the dust. Du du du, another one bites the dust...and another one gone and another one and another one bites the dust"
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #289
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
I did the intro session at my local Crossfit yesterday. After the standard "this is what Crossfit is and this is why we think it's great" we went through the workout.

First part was some sort of sandbag carry where you throw a rucksack filled with sand over your shoulder, take it a distance, run back to where you started, run back, and do it again. I'm not sure how heavy my bag was, but we did five of these. Next was burpees - ten of them. Last was "wall balls," fifteen of them, and I used a 20lb ball. It was a ten minute timed workout.

I got 2.5 circuits done. I was doing great on the rucksack things...then came burpees. I couldn't make it through ten of them without stopping, nevermind that my form on them is terrible (and they are a miserable, awful movement).

Anyway, I liked it overall. I signed up for a month of Crossfit. The first two weeks is "foundation" classes, where they go over a different aspect each time. After that, you can do any of the WOD sessions, olympic lifting sessions, benchmarking, etc.

kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #290
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
"Another one bites the dust. Du du du, another one bites the dust...and another one gone and another one and another one bites the dust"
Fair enough. After you put your money where your mouth is and compete in something, you'll have dust to bite, too

Quote:

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #291
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Good for you dude. Crossfit can be very difficult, but at the end of the day it can be a great fitness tool. Some people aren't going to agree with some of the movements, like me, but they will certainly whip you in to shape! Good luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #292
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Fair enough. After you put your money where your mouth is and compete in something, you'll have dust to bite, too
Haha nah its just funny someone coming from a bodybuilding split for so many years, and switching to crossfit.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #293
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Haha nah its just funny someone coming from a bodybuilding split for so many years, and switching to crossfit.
I'd think the "bites the dust" point was about a year ago when I finally decided I wasn't competing in bodybuilding anymore.

Anyway, point taken.

At the gym last night, I saw two guys (one was wearing a Men's Health t- shirt) super-setting barbell curls in the squat rack with concentration curls on the seated calf raise machine.

It made me angry. It was about 6:30, the place was PACKED, no benches or dumbbells below 60lbs were available, and these two idiots have the nerve to super-set anything..but especially two bicep movements on two pieces of leg equipment.

Quote:

Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #294
DylloS

Quote:

Glad you enjoyed it. I like when people outside of the cf world can open their eyes a little and see that there is a lot of good to it. Just keep us posted to see if their are any red flags that pop up.

Quote:
I want to see bmwmatt do 50 burpees now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Good for you dude. Crossfit can be very difficult, but at the end of the day it can be a great fitness tool. Some people aren't going to agree with some of the movements, like me, but they will certainly whip you in to shape! Good luck.
Many crossfitters would even say what you and I do is "cf" which to me is too broad of a term. IMO cf would be perfect if it all focused on progression and had a little more thought put into all the workouts.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #295
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Yeah they tend to just throw a bunch of movements together. Which is why when I do a density ill set up my pulls/push/ and explosive movement. The workouts will definitely get more interesting when you start the cleans/snatches and deads dwass
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #296
dwass325

Did a workout last night after some instructional stuff on form for rings, rope climbing, hand stand push ups, etc.

After finishing the workout, my hand started hurting like hell. I looked down and realized I'd torn a callous from below my right ring finger. This is maybe the third time I've torn a callous in ten years.

Quote:

Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #297
DylloS

Quote:
Did a workout last night after some instructional stuff on form for rings, rope climbing, hand stand push ups, etc.

After finishing the workout, my hand started hurting like hell. I looked down and realized I'd torn a callous from below my right ring finger. This is maybe the third time I've torn a callous in ten years.
a lot of crossfitters post pictures of those like it's a badge of honor. It kind of bothers me that they do that lol.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #298
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:

What was the workout? A lot of the CF movement will tax parts of your hands that dont normally get used. Takes a little while to get those parts built up.

The most likely suspects are kipping pullups, kettlebell snatches, rope climbs and muscleups.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #299
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
yeah no need to post pics of calluses

for me, a lot of people who crossfit have this "look at what IM doing" attitude, similar to those people who need to constantly one up what you are doing.

oh, you are just squatting with a barbell? well i'm squatting with a band! it's way better
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #300
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
What was the workout? A lot of the CF movement will tax parts of your hands that dont normally get used. Takes a little while to get those parts built up.

The most likely suspects are kipping pullups, kettlebell snatches, rope climbs and muscleups.
I'd rather not talk about what movement it was.

I think you'll be able to figure it out based on that response

Quote: