E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 3.44 average.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #881
BBBoy323i
All show no go!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,459
My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaltic View Post
Been a while since I posted in here
Love the bags
__________________
 photo 01bea680-7313-4e36-9aab-9072b1a50daf_zps5308f8f8.jpg
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #882
mscaptura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Watkins Glen, NY
Posts: 35
My Ride: 02 325ci & 99 318ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
Any college with an E46 in the Philadelphia area?
go to school in philly but i don't have my car down there, maybe next year though
__________________
mscaptura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #883
Super Sheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
Talking

2005 E46 325CI, Steptronic transmission, fully loaded (heated seats, H/K sound system, backup parking sensor, real leather seats, Bi-Xenon, sunroof, bluetooth, autodimming mirrors, etc)

Bought it at 75k miles around 5 months ago for 13k cash. Metallic blue, limo tint. Lightly driven, not abused. Even though for the last 4 months, the hood stays open more often then not due to a myriad of little issue. Had to do VANOS seals, DISA, PCV and Oil Separator, countless new O-ring seals and assorted amount of gaskets. Valve Cover gasket, spark plugs, bushings, various trim pieces and weather stripping, entire Headlight/Windshield washer system.

Recently I'm been combating the infamous P0171 and P0174 (correct me if I'm wrong with the digits) Bank 1 and 2 too lean..... Tore off the intake manifold apart thinking its some pain in the ass vacuum leak. The employees at O'reily's and Autozone know me as "that dude who always come in to borrow the OBD2 to reset check engine lights" Hell I would invest in a good scanner if I had any ****ing money left. Right now it looks like a new MAF unit is high up on the list.

Alot... if not the majority of drivers out there would called it quits but I can't get enough of this ****. My friends think I'm nuts for putting up with all these little issue, much less actually kinda enjoying tackling the challenge. My family thinks I'm tweaking balls for spending all night in the garage instead of sleeping. The Homeowners association hates my guts for punishing the hood with unsightly views of my garage due the garage door being open all the time. Apparently I can't even wash my own car in my own driveway , heaven forbid some motor oil leak onto the sidewalk.

But its all worthwhile after a quick spin around the neighborhood, be mobbing the city streets, windows down smoking a cigarette, committing noise pollution via obscenely loud radio and with that unmistakeable RAWR & PURR only a bimmer can make. Gotta love squeezing the chicken **** out of that inline-six.

Got to say ze people back in Bravia is earning their keep with another repeat customer. Its like crack but on wheels . Kinda makes up for war-profiting during WWII when the company built airplane engines to help ze Luftwaffe bomb half of Europe.

Only thing I regret is not getting a 330 instead of a 325, and spending all this time on this post when I could be prostrating in the garage.

Oh yeah, don't forget the (lack-of) money. I think some people call it being a broke-college student. Oh well,

Last edited by Super Sheep; 12-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #884
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sheep View Post
2005 E46 325CI, Steptronic transmission, fully loaded (heated seats, H/K sound system, backup parking sensor, real leather seats, Bi-Xenon, sunroof, bluetooth, autodimming mirrors, etc)

Bought it at 75k miles around 5 months ago for 13k cash. Metallic blue, limo tint. Lightly driven, not abused. Even though for the last 4 months, the hood stays open more often then not due to a myriad of little issue. Had to do VANOS seals, DISA, PCV and Oil Separator, countless new O-ring seals and assorted amount of gaskets. Valve Cover gasket, spark plugs, bushings, various trim pieces and weather stripping, entire Headlight/Windshield washer system.

Recently I'm been combating the infamous P0171 and P0174 (correct me if I'm wrong with the digits) Bank 1 and 2 too lean..... Tore off the intake manifold apart thinking its some pain in the ass vacuum leak. The employees at O'reily's and Autozone know me as "that dude who always come in to borrow the OBD2 to reset check engine lights" Hell I would invest in a good scanner if I had any ****ing money left. Right now it looks like a new MAF unit is high up on the list.

Alot... if not the majority of drivers out there would called it quits but I can't get enough of this ****. My friends think I'm nuts for putting up with all these little issue, much less actually kinda enjoying tackling the challenge. My family thinks I'm tweaking balls for spending all night in the garage instead of sleeping. The Homeowners association hates my guts for punishing the hood with unsightly views of my garage due the garage door being open all the time. Apparently I can't even wash my own car in my own driveway , heaven forbid some motor oil leak onto the sidewalk.

But its all worthwhile after a quick spin around the neighborhood, be mobbing the city streets, windows down smoking a cigarette, committing noise pollution via obscenely loud radio and with that unmistakeable RAWR & PURR only a bimmer can make. Gotta love squeezing the chicken **** out of that inline-six.

Got to say ze people back in Bravia is earning their keep with another repeat customer. Its like crack but on wheels . Kinda makes up for war-profiting during WWII when the company built airplane engines to help ze Luftwaffe bomb half of Europe.

Only thing I regret is not getting a 330 instead of a 325, and spending all this time on this post when I could be prostrating in the garage.

Oh yeah, don't forget the (lack-of) money. I think some people call it being a broke-college student. Oh well,
Are you even in college? you use smileys like a 12 yr old girl.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"

Last edited by M1992; 12-28-2012 at 08:34 PM.
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #885
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeyf View Post
I had them up for 1800 with brand new tires (less than 400 miles) but I want to get rid of them and i'm open to offers now

DPE R07
19x8.5
19x10.5
Those rims look rashed to h*ll.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #886
TrickTizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minneapolis/Milwaukee
Posts: 3,103
My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Are you even in college? you use smileys like a 12 yr old girl.














TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #887
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post














I can't figure out if this is a joke on me or not. Hence you used 28 smileys. Now I'm curious...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #888
Super Sheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Are you even in college? you use smileys like a 12 yr old girl.
Yes UNLV, 22yr, sophomore, I took 2 yr off after my freshmen year cause it what the cool kids would do... (not)

And I don't post much anyways, mostly lurk... so who gives a **** (apparently besides you) if I want to sprinkle emoticons excessively.

:thumbd wn: : loco:

Nobody is forcing you to read these threads/post against your will. You're old enough to know how to pick and choose right?
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #889
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sheep View Post
Yes UNLV, 22yr, sophomore, I took 2 yr off after my freshmen year cause it what the cool kids would do... (not)

And I don't post much anyways, mostly lurk... so who gives a **** (apparently besides you) if I want to sprinkle emoticons excessively.

:thumbd wn: : loco:

Nobody is forcing you to read these threads/post against your will. You're old enough to know how to pick and choose right?
Damn, you showed me.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #890
Dibaltic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 486
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Love the bags
Thanks man it took a whole to get everything situated and working but I'm very happy with them. I wasn't sure how I'd like them since I've never owned a bagged car before, but definitely happy I went this route
Dibaltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #891
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaltic View Post
Thanks man it took a whole to get everything situated and working but I'm very happy with them. I wasn't sure how I'd like them since I've never owned a bagged car before, but definitely happy I went this route
How much did you pay for your bags?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #892
TrickTizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minneapolis/Milwaukee
Posts: 3,103
My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
I can't figure out if this is a joke on me or not. Hence you used 28 smileys. Now I'm curious...
You counted.












Last edited by TrickTizzle; 12-28-2012 at 10:06 PM.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #893
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
You counted.











Nice pacman face.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #894
BBBoy323i
All show no go!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,459
My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sheep View Post
2005 E46 325CI, Steptronic transmission, fully loaded (heated seats, H/K sound system, backup parking sensor, real leather seats, Bi-Xenon, sunroof, bluetooth, autodimming mirrors, etc)

Bought it at 75k miles around 5 months ago for 13k cash. Metallic blue, limo tint. Lightly driven, not abused. Even though for the last 4 months, the hood stays open more often then not due to a myriad of little issue. Had to do VANOS seals, DISA, PCV and Oil Separator, countless new O-ring seals and assorted amount of gaskets. Valve Cover gasket, spark plugs, bushings, various trim pieces and weather stripping, entire Headlight/Windshield washer system.

Recently I'm been combating the infamous P0171 and P0174 (correct me if I'm wrong with the digits) Bank 1 and 2 too lean..... Tore off the intake manifold apart thinking its some pain in the ass vacuum leak. The employees at O'reily's and Autozone know me as "that dude who always come in to borrow the OBD2 to reset check engine lights" Hell I would invest in a good scanner if I had any ****ing money left. Right now it looks like a new MAF unit is high up on the list.

Alot... if not the majority of drivers out there would called it quits but I can't get enough of this ****. My friends think I'm nuts for putting up with all these little issue, much less actually kinda enjoying tackling the challenge. My family thinks I'm tweaking balls for spending all night in the garage instead of sleeping. The Homeowners association hates my guts for punishing the hood with unsightly views of my garage due the garage door being open all the time. Apparently I can't even wash my own car in my own driveway , heaven forbid some motor oil leak onto the sidewalk.

But its all worthwhile after a quick spin around the neighborhood, be mobbing the city streets, windows down smoking a cigarette, committing noise pollution via obscenely loud radio and with that unmistakeable RAWR & PURR only a bimmer can make. Gotta love squeezing the chicken **** out of that inline-six.

Got to say ze people back in Bravia is earning their keep with another repeat customer. Its like crack but on wheels . Kinda makes up for war-profiting during WWII when the company built airplane engines to help ze Luftwaffe bomb half of Europe.

Only thing I regret is not getting a 330 instead of a 325, and spending all this time on this post when I could be prostrating in the garage.

Oh yeah, don't forget the (lack-of) money. I think some people call it being a broke-college student. Oh well,
Damn, your car has more problems than my car! I thought my car was bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
How much did you pay for your bags?
+1
__________________
 photo 01bea680-7313-4e36-9aab-9072b1a50daf_zps5308f8f8.jpg
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #895
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
You counted.











You must have also counted, looking to troll me for a incorrect number of smileys, your just jelly I was one step ahead of you.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #896
TrickTizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minneapolis/Milwaukee
Posts: 3,103
My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
You must have also counted, looking to troll me for a incorrect number of smileys, your just jelly I was one step ahead of you.
oh please. you forgot how to count. its ok.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #897
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
oh please. you forgot how to count. its ok.
Says the guy who can't even spell "okay".
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #898
DSeyf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 1,066
My Ride: b6s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Those rims look rashed to h*ll.
They actually aren't, thanks for your input. Nice to see you are positively contributing to this thread with all your negativity.
__________________
DSeyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #899
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeyf View Post
They actually aren't, thanks for your input. Nice to see you are positively contributing to this thread with all your negativity.
Its called criticism.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #900
98bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 572
My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Its called criticism.
Not when every single post you made was negative, then its just negativity.
__________________
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ric3rs + e46

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use