E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #81
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Wtf...Don't roll down the windows? What are you a 96 year old woman and afraid all your cats will jump out? smh... people these days. If you can't afford to roll down your windows, you don't deserve to drive the damn thing. Regulators are a part of owning a e46, either you grow balls and fix them or you let someone else who has balls fix them for you.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"

Last edited by M1992; 12-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #82
Super Sheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 68
My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
Cool

I only got one rule.. DON'T let ANYONE drive my car. If it would make sense to ban myself from driving the car too, I would.
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #83
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 8,584
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Some of you need new friends. All of my friends would treat my car with respect and I would gladly let them use it if they have to. I won't do it happily, but I'll do it if they need it. I expect the same of them. If I need to borrow their car, then I am a huge hypocrite. It is also more likely that I will need to borrow their car since I DIY everything and I might **** up and need to make a trip to the BMW dealer for an emergency part.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #84
tks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Online
Posts: 804
My Ride: slower than yours
I've lent out my Honda Civic to a friend for 2 months while I was away. It comes back with Hello Kitty stickers all over the center console, glove compartment... pretty much stickers everywhere. I couldn't believe that he allowed his girlfriend to just tack on random **** that was not his. Also, he said he made it louder.. which is just complete neglect of the exhaust system by removing the muffler. I wanted to crash it into a pole on the ride home.

Anyways, that was my honda.. I only lend out cars to family (I wouldn't even call it lending, it's FAMILY).

I've let my girlfriend drive my car and she's the only one so far. She only stalled once ^_^ but it was in a parking lot.

I can't stand people who put their feet up. Recline your ass all the way back and keep your feet on the goddamn floor.
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #85
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 8,584
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskisky View Post
I've lent out my Honda Civic to a friend for 2 months while I was away. It comes back with Hello Kitty stickers all over the center console, glove compartment... pretty much stickers everywhere. I couldn't believe that he allowed his girlfriend to just tack on random **** that was not his. Also, he said he made it louder.. which is just complete neglect of the exhaust system by removing the muffler. I wanted to crash it into a pole on the ride home.

Anyways, that was my honda.. I only lend out cars to family (I wouldn't even call it lending, it's FAMILY).

I've let my girlfriend drive my car and she's the only one so far. She only stalled once ^_^ but it was in a parking lot.

I can't stand people who put their feet up. Recline your ass all the way back and keep your feet on the goddamn floor.
Shitty friend. You should **** his car up and tell him how you made it better.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #86
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Shitty friend. You should **** his car up and tell him how you made it better.
Now thats not nice. That wouldn't make you any better.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #87
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 8,584
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Now thats not nice. That wouldn't make you any better.
No it wouldn't, but it'd be funny.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #88
M1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In an epic world.
Posts: 122
My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
No it wouldn't, but it'd be funny.
lol.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #89
dinan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 518
My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Def would never let anyone borrow my car either. However if i lost my mind and did, i would say:

if you see a speed bump go around or turn back.

Dont hot rod or ride the clutch

And last, dont even think about running it through a car wash or i would have to kill you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
__________________
dinan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #90
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,571
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
I let my mom drive my car once...

She hit a raccoon, and trashed my OEM ZHP bumper(including various underpinnings) that I had slaved over to put on my car.

She was the last person, and that was near to, or over 6 months ago.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #91
dinan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 518
My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
I let my mom drive my car once...

She hit a raccoon, and trashed my OEM ZHP bumper(including various underpinnings) that I had slaved over to put on my car.

She was the last person, and that was near to, or over 6 months ago.
Lol. Sorry to laugh but that post was funny. Actually i let my dad drive my car the other day and i had to have him stop tge car and get out because he would not stop riding the clutch lol. Oh and he got mad and said " i dont get why your mad im driving fine." haha

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
__________________
dinan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #92
MercForHire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Waterloo,Ontario
Posts: 4,403
My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1992 View Post
Wtf...Don't roll down the windows? What are you a 96 year old woman and afraid all your cats will jump out? smh... people these days. If you can't afford to roll down your windows, you don't deserve to drive the damn thing. Regulators are a part of owning a e46, either you grow balls and fix them or you let someone else who has balls fix them for you.
the more you use the window regulator, the longer they will last. it's the truth.
hence my coupe windows still work after 12 years.(coupes automatically move the window everytime door open/closes)
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #93
lucke3er
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kokomo IN USA
Posts: 81
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330XI
Send a message via Skype™ to lucke3er
*Adding rule* Don't push the unlock button and expect the car to unlock, if the car doesn't unlock its probably a good idea that it doesn't want you to drive it. :/ GM5
lucke3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #94
Asher454
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hudson Valley
Posts: 389
My Ride: '04 TiAg 325xi
Stay safe if you get a scratch on her.
__________________
Asher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #95
ShookMasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 30
My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVeON0319 View Post
i didnt let anyone borrow my car, but I went to the tire shop today and they attempted to get my car on the rack. In doing so they ripped my front lip off...
Duuuude that sucks. Did you get paid for that?
__________________
ShookMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #96
ShookMasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 30
My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03nix46 View Post
don't drive it like a bitch.
+1
__________________
ShookMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #97
E46 4 Breakfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 16
My Ride: 330XI
The only person who ever rode both of my car was my dad. I know he's not f***ing around with it and when i was younger he was always lending me his cars. He loves my car as much as i do he owned one nearly exactly like mine back in the days. He leaves it a place in the garage all winter long. The only thing thing i can complain about is the fact he's doing like me when i was borrowing his cars... Not putting gas in it after LOL
E46 4 Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #98
Stickbuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nashville TN/Central FL.
Posts: 1,381
My Ride: Touring, and others
If you are ever stupid enough to loan your car, truck, motorcycle or girl friend to someone, don't complain if they are returned with a rod thrown in them.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]I'm fluent in 3 languages:

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #99
330iPilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 577
My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
If you are ever stupid enough to loan your car, truck, motorcycle or girl friend to someone, don't complain if they are returned with a rod thrown in them.
Just don't loan your car to anyone you don't trust and you'll be just fine.
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #100
Josephh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San francisco
Posts: 6
My Ride: Bmw 330Ci
I say dont hit the bottom. 8)
Josephh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use