E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Snapasaurus

My Ride: 2005 325i SULEV
Khoalty malware? only one?

I went to browse Khoalty's website today on google chrome with my macbook and chrome wouldn't let me go on to the site. Instead I got a window saying that it contains dangerous malware, and didn't even let me bypass it.

Anyone else have this problem?
Snapasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see **** like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million on his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stock broker.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
I had the same message come up tonight. It's been flagged by Google. They need to file with Google to get it removed. Happened to our company site not too long ago.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
They posted on facebook earlier tonight that nothing was wrong and the links were fixed.

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Snapasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto180sx View Post
They posted on facebook earlier tonight that nothing was wrong and the links were fixed.
im still getting it.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapasaurus View Post
im still getting it.
Try PMing them for a email here, maybe you can order directly.

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Snapasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto180sx View Post
Try PMing them for a email here, maybe you can order directly.
No need to order anything, I was just browsing for prices, etc. Thanks for the info though!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see **** like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million on his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stock broker.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
read the reviews and you wouldnt want to buy from them anyways..
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #10
Snapasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
read the reviews and you wouldnt want to buy from them anyways..
Plenty of mixed reviews. I've purchased new lenses and angel eyes from them in the past and I never had a problem.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #11
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
I was looking for AEs on my '04 330Ci Vert and because it is the Facelifted one piece coupe projector headlights they wanted $300+ for a set of AEs. Those prices are insane... AEs are cool but at that price I will just reinvest my money into my stock portfolio. :-P
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 AM   #12
Snapasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvjr View Post
I was looking for AEs on my '04 330Ci Vert and because it is the Facelifted one piece coupe projector headlights they wanted $300+ for a set of AEs. Those prices are insane... AEs are cool but at that price I will just reinvest my money into my stock portfolio. :-P
mine were 130$, really worth it.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Long story short, there was a single piece of erroneous javascript which was only showing up when we unified our javascript (instead of 7 files, one file, faster load time), the issue has been destroyed, and it took Google quite a while (even after we fixed it and requested a recrawl) to 'unflag' the site. Quite a ridiculous situation to be in as an online business as we fix the problem, and then wait around for customers to be able to browse the site.

Never have I felt like the 'robots have taken over' so much until this issue arrose!
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

We don't actually offer a fitment for your car, which is why we put the price to something nobody would pay (unless it was being sold by /that/ company, then 300 wouldn't sound too ridiculous), sorry!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
Wouldn't it just be easier to remove the selection for '2004+ Non M3 Coupe/Convertible +$200' from the fitment page drop down menu?

I am not website guru so I am not sure how difficult that would be to do but it gave me the impression that AEs for my Facelifted '04 Vert were available; they just cost an insane amount of money.

I would much rather a website tell me something is not available rather than mislead me. It honestly made me think that when it came to the 04+ Coupes & Vert that the website was trying to screw me over... I know as a business that is not your intention but when I saw those prices I ran from that website and never came back...

Thank you for clearing up the confusion on availability & pricing.

Last edited by Nickvjr; 12-31-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Nickvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

We've honestly tried a ton of different ways to defer sales for 04+ facelift coupes/verts, we didn't list it at all for a while, which lead customers to order the projector ones and then be disappointed upon delivery, then we had it listed where it said 'NOT AVAILABLE', which had customers order it regardless and disappoint them with a post-order email, right now the way that product page is set up it does not filter dropdowns live through inventory, which we are working on doing which would make it easier where, say you select 04+ Coupe fitment, the 'add to cart' button would disappear and the 'in stock' would change to 'not available'. Progress!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Static///M3

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
For locals, you should seriously consider self-pickup. Just sayin'
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

We will be hiring someone sooooon! Then orders will go out even faster, we will have a dedicated CS person, and more flexible in store pickups. We do allow customer pickup now, but its only certain hours certain days depending on how hectic that week is
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
Static///M3

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
We will be hiring someone sooooon! Then orders will go out even faster, we will have a dedicated CS person, and more flexible in store pickups. We do allow customer pickup now, but its only certain hours certain days depending on how hectic that week is
Google is still reporting the khoalty website as an attack site. I am able to bypass the warning and view products, but would it be safe to make purchases?