E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #621
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRod88 View Post
He is probably to busy making videos of Mert, Proefi and VF!!

I would think HPF would assist you in getting your car down to them and get things straight as after all, they did go over it before you purchased it giving it a clean bill of health.
VicRod88... Anthony has stated many times that we have been a great help throughout this entire process. During the inspection process he requested to get his car shipped back to him even though we told him we found intermittent problems with the car and he should wait. We have and will continue to help him even though he didn't buy the turbo kit from us, he bought the car used from someone else. We have and will continue to help him even though there is no HPF warranty on the parts. We have and will continue to help him even though many of the issues have nothing to do with our turbo kit even if it was under warranty (e.g. Vanos, vacuum leak in a lower rubber connection to the idle air motor)

Free help is not always the norm in this industry. We often provide help that is not part of any warranty or product that we sell. It's just the way we do business.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 11-09-2012 at 11:21 AM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #622
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
VicRod88... Anthony has stated many times that we have been a great help throughout this entire process. During the inspection process he requested to get his car shipped back to him even though we told him we found intermittent problems with the car and he should wait. We have and will continue to help him even though he didn't buy the turbo kit from us, he bought the car used from someone else. We have and will continue to help him even though there is no HPF warranty on the parts. We have and will continue to help him even though many of the issues have nothing to do with our turbo kit even if it was under warranty (e.g. Vanos, vacuum leak in a lower rubber connection to the idle air motor)

Free help is not always the norm in this industry. We often provide help that is not part of any warranty or product that we sell. It's just the way we do business.

Chris.
I always get help and i got my kit in 07.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #623
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
AEM sent out yesterday to HPF for calibrating

Last edited by being3; 11-10-2012 at 11:07 AM.
being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #624
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpert86 View Post
Nice, I hope you get everything all sorted out once and for all.

Where the hell is the seller? He sure as hell spewed BS when their was a problem or someone was scammed. He got involved and threw salt in wounds when he felt someone was wronged, I'm officially making a cartoon about is shady ways, just like he did so many times.

Sorry Being, I'am so pissed that you are going through this. I have been on this forum for quite some time and reading your PO's rants about being wronged and how he portrayed himself as a good guy and it just really grinds my gears that your going through all this. I wouldn't even comment on anything if it was a little hiccup but you have endured enough. These problems were not disclosed and you deserve some money back for all the costs your enduring.

Best wishes, every time I check your thread it seems like your almost in the clear and BAM another problem and car still not 100%. I really hope everything works out.
As for the original owner I must admit i was very disappointed and hurt. I was told the car was a daily driver and that he needed the deal to close quick as he needed transportation. But when I got the car the mileage was only about 100 miles since since dec 2011?? as per the re registration with the lean holder. That info coupled with the fact when Kirk Hpf drove the car ran like crap (wrong plugs) and the clutch was slipping and all the afr issues which have been existing for a long time considering what I have had to do to resolve it. So that was deceitful and manipulative. Like I said I have forgiven and moved on but that doesn't mean I was not hurt and mad about the whole ordeal. It has left a sour note. If he was upfront I would have worked with that the situation. I just needed to air that as I don' want anyone else to fall victim. Despite all that HPF as Chris has stated has really stepped up to the plate and for that I am very grateful and would not hesitate to do future business with them especially with new products coming down tech pipe

Last edited by being3; 11-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #625
being3
Modded ///Member

As a whole I have spent a lot of time and money getting this car in ship sharp shape with a lot of support and help from members of this forum. I have enjoyed working on the car and getting to know its workings and its been a pleasure to get aquatinted with some of u through the process. In short the car is a joy to drive and scary fast at the same time. I am happy I own one of these spectacular cars

Last edited by being3; 11-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #626
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
As a whole I have spent a lot of time and money getting this car in ship sharp shape with a lot of support and help from members of this forum. I have enjoyed it and getting to know some of u through the process. In short the car is a joy to drive and scary fast at the same time. I am happy I own one of these spectacular cars
Sometimes its about the journey, and not the destination.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #627
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Sometimes its about the journey, and not the destination.
I with u on that one for sure
Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #628
being3
Modded ///Member

Still waiting on my AEM to be reprogrammed. Hopefully soon. Anxious to see the fix.

I've been making some cosmetic changes in the meantime. Got rid of some of the carbon fibre grills side and front and put on flat black ones. Also new side mirrors blacked out as well. Car looks better

I'm going to do the springs and shocks as well and change out the audio.

Last edited by being3; 11-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #629
being3
Modded ///Member

Still waiting ......
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #630
being3
Modded ///Member

Good news. Well the car is idling at a respectable 14.3 - 14.7 Afr AEM is now unlocked and new map installed and a few calibration changes and I'm set. With my changed TPS sensors the voltage was higher at base throttle so the AEM was thinking it was at 4% as well as triggering the accelerator pump. As a result the car had a very rich idle. So installed a new base map and setup the revised base and max TPS voltages, decreased the idle fuel map and set new target Afr range for 02 feed back calibration. Also had to add fuel to the mid range. I have only driven a few blocks so no full pulls. Car runs very smooth and is very responsive. I'll be taking it to a local AEM experienced tech & dyno it to check the new tune out weather permitting. Thanks to HPF and all there support in helping me especially Chris K and Kirk

Last edited by being3; 12-25-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #631
xbass

My Ride: E46 M3 HPF stage 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
Attachment 452633
New gauge face with kilometers per hour. If anyone is looking for a silver MPH gauge face I have one
man, this is awesome! where can i get this? thx
xbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #632
zac5

My Ride: Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbass View Post
man, this is awesome! where can i get this? thx
guess who am I?
zac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #633
xbass

My Ride: E46 M3 HPF stage 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac5 View Post
guess who am I?
i've read all your threads many weeks ago dude
best wishes to our cars
xbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #634
being3
Modded ///Member

Merry Xmas everyone
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #635
being3
Modded ///Member

Well got some good weather and the car insured. Ready to have some tuning done over the next few days

Last edited by being3; 12-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #636
being3
Modded ///Member

Found out that my TPS sensors were not giving part throttle voltages when the engine was running. So the car was being relying on the tuning of the load and 02 feed back. This caused part throttle drivability and idle issues. Got the new TPS sensors ordered. FYI. TPS sensors usually fail or have signal holes in part throttle as this is where they see most of there time and wareout.

Last edited by being3; 12-31-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #637
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
:EDIT: wrote a novel on the wrong sensors. Confusing them with tire pressure sensors!

I'm sure an f/I car would wear them out a whole lot faster as well, and going by the way the PO maintained, little issues like this can turn into a head scraching annoying drama filled experience if you look the other way and don't maintain.

Thank god this car is in your hands now and not being abused any longer..once again best wishes and good luck with the car.

Last edited by bmxpert86; 01-01-2013 at 07:10 PM.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #638
being3
Modded ///Member

Well put in the new sensors and still had noisy TPS signal but had more range in the throttle once I calibrated the AEM to compensate. Also took out the angel eye wiring that was running along side the HPF AEM harness. That seemed to clean up the signal a bit. Also secured the main ground for the AEM better with copper washer as the HPF catch can mounts to the main Ground terminal for support and seemed it might not be flush.

Spent a lot of time setting up the AEM fuel map, warmup calibration and signal Filter so it was not triggering the accel pump inadvertently. Now I have really stable AFR from idle middle and top end. Runs fantastic. This is the kind of stuff I love digging into the inner workings of the AEM.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to how a performance car runs and so ill be tweaking it further.

Last edited by being3; 01-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #639
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpert86 View Post
:EDIT: wrote a novel on the wrong sensors. Confusing them with tire pressure sensors!

I'm sure an f/I car would wear them out a whole lot faster as well, and going by the way the PO maintained, little issues like this can turn into a head scraching annoying drama filled experience if you look the other way and don't maintain.

Thank god this car is in your hands now and not being abused any longer..once again best wishes and good luck with the car.
Thanks it's been a long haul and with the things I'm finding out this problem has been systemic for a long time
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #640
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Keep up the good work

Tags
e46 m3, hpf, stage 2.5, turbo