E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #401
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Can always count on Tony "elite" Romo to make a solid final drive. Needs 80 yards and decides to do back to back > 10 yard passes lol...Hopeless

He and his teammates need to compete with the same motivation throughout the game, not just when 'they need it'. The quarters are only 15m. That is only 60 minutes of playing time. Not to much to ask when you are only performing for 1 hour 1 day a week and making millions to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Jerry Jones said today he would never give up his title as GM... until we get a solid head coach that can lead this team to victory, despite Jones' horrible choices as GM, we are doomed.

Sean Payton, please.
If I owned a company that was worth 1BN I would not give up management responsibilities either. Especially if I was writing the checks. His son is very active in the day to day management, maybe he should be assigned more responsibility.

I think Sean Payton was an assistant manager at Dallas around 2002,2003. So he and Jerry know each other well. I don't like the pay for bounty thing he was caught up in last year. I am not so sure his reputation is a good thing to associate with Dallas even if he did deny involvement.

He said that he had performance bonuses, but denied paying to hurt people.
I don't honestly know.....but I do that being a head coach at Dallas is a job that about 100 other qualified people would be willing to accept. He might want to check them out first.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #402
Raymond42262

38-23 Dallas over Philly.

They had an amazing second half. I am glad to see that they were able to profit from Philly's mistakes instead of creating them for the other team like they have doe so many times this year. How many times do you get to see someone fumble a football in the endzone and then jump on it for a touch down ? Cool....

But they are still 4-5. They will have to win 6 of the next 7 games to be assured a playoff spot.

At least Jason Garrett kept his job for another week.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 11-11-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #403
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
We need to capitalize now, or never. Tony Romo Novembers are great, and we need it more than anything right now, especially with the Giants playing as bad as they are.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #404
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
We need to capitalize now, or never. Tony Romo Novembers are great, and we need it more than anything right now, especially with the Giants playing as bad as they are.
They have to win about every game for the rest of the regular season.

They are 4-5 and have 7 games left .

They need to win 10 have a chance to be in the playoffs. Eleven to be assured a seat.

If they don't make it this year, Jerry needs to let some people go.

The next three games are home games.......3!................ they gotta win those.

Especially next week against Cleveland. Everybody beats Cleveland.

Regular Season
Wed 9/5 New York Giants at NY Giants (0-0) W 24 - 17
Sun 9/16 Seattle Seahawks at Seattle (0-1) L 7 - 27
Sun 9/23 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay (1-1) W 16 - 10
Mon 10/1 Chicago BearsChicago (2-1) L 18 - 34
Bye
Sun 10/14 Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore (4-1) L 29 - 31
Sun 10/21 Carolina Panthers at Carolina (1-4) W 19 - 14
Sun 10/28 New York GiantsNY Giants (5-2) L 24 - 29
Sun 11/4 Atlanta Falcons at Atlanta (7-0) L 13 - 19
Sun 11/11 Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia (3-5) W 38 - 23

Remaining Games

Sun 11/18 Cleveland BrownsCleveland 1:00 pm
Thu 11/22 Washington RedskinsWashington 4:15 pm
Sun 12/2 Philadelphia EaglesPhiladelphia 8:20 pm
Sun 12/9 Cincinnati Bengals at Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 12/16 Pittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh 4:25 pm
Sun 12/23 New Orleans SaintsNew Orleans 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 Washington Redskins at Washington 1:00 pm

Last edited by Raymond42262; 11-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #405
Raymond42262

Cowboys won against Cleveland in OT (23-20)....that is embarrassing to have to go into OT with Cleveland. Cleveland played better than their record would suggest (2-8) , but the Cowboys won (5-5) because they profited off 2,3 big penalties made by Cleveland as well as a turnover in the 4th q.

Cowboys need to win 5/6 remaining games to be assured a playoff spot.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #406
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
I stopped watching at half time. Cowboys are rarely good at getting themselves out of a hole.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #407
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I stopped watching at half time. Cowboys are rarely good at getting themselves out of a hole.
I'm done with this season. Between the 'boys and the NHL lockout I'm really irritated this year.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #408
joeski3d

Blah first half. Solid finish... Nice to see them fight for it for a change. The return of the running game certainly helps. The Boys need to claw their way into the playoffs. Should be an interesting season finale (assuming they win their next 2). I think they can get on a winning streak so long as they can curb the drive killing penalties and there are no more key injuries.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #409
Raymond42262

6 and 6 so far. 4 games left and 2 are at home. They need to win all 4 games to get a seat reserved for the playoffs and need to win 3/4 to get a chance at a a wildcard. They can make it if they play their first halves like they have been recently playing their second half.

And winning is easier if Romo does not throw 6 interceptions in one game.

I was surprised. This past Sunday Romo became the number one leading passer in Cowboy history. That is pretty significant if you consider that Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Don Meredith and Drew Bledsoe have all worn Cowboy uniforms .

Romo needs to get a Super Bowl appearance or else he'll be a footnote to greatness like Fran Tarkenton of the Minnesota Vikings. I think Tarkenton had 3 Super Bowl appearances but never won, but he is rarely mentioned when great quarterbacks are mentioned.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 12-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #410
Raymond42262

Well, their record is 7/6 with 3 games remaining Two of them remaining.
They should be able to beat Pittsburgh and New Orleans.
The Redskins are doing well this year and they have an identical record, but RG3 is out with an injured leg. If he does not heal in 3 weeks it might help our chances. We need all three wins. But so does Washington.

Sun 12/16 Pittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh 4:25 pm
Sun 12/23 New Orleans SaintsNew Orleans 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 Washington Redskins at Washington 1:00 pm
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #411
Raymond42262

Dallas pulled it off in overtime against Pittsburgh. They said on the news that 30k Pittsburgh fans were expected in town. I find that hard to believe.
Two more games left. New Orleans (home) and Washington (away).

Record is 8-6 and we need both wins to get a playoff spot.

Three wins in a row, we are on a roll.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #412
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!
Blueandwhite85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #413
joeski3d

The Cowboys finally looked like a hungry team that knows what they are doing. They haven't looked this solid since game 1 against the Giants. Hopefully they can keep this potency rolling. The next two games are going to be at least as tough as the last two.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #414
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game

Last edited by shockin330i; 12-17-2012 at 12:24 PM.
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #415
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #416
joeski3d

Don't be a d!ck Hooch.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #417
Raymond42262

Damn, this is not how I wanted the season to end.

After the game on the 10 00 news there were 2 local reporters (sports) discussing the game and one was defending the Cowboys and the other one was trashing Romo and other team members. The three interceptions did not help Romo's defense.

I guess I could say there is always next year, but I have been saying that for the last 9 years.

Is it too late to blame things on Terrell Owens ?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #418
Raymond42262

Even ESPN is trashing Romo.......

LANDOVER, Md. -- The problem is, if you want to stay on the Tony Romo bandwagon, defending the Dallas Cowboys' maligned quarterback against the cacophonous critics who assert that they know his future based on his past, Romo won't let you. Yeah, you can lay it all out about how much more efficient and responsible he'd been in the 5-2 stretch that got the Cowboys to the final game of the season with a chance to win the division. You can bring up all of the resiliency and the comebacks and the strides Romo made as a leader this year. You can even blame an injury-ravaged defense that couldn't stop anybody for two months. And all of that stuff may well be legitimate and true.

But none of it changes the fact that Romo showed up here Sunday night in the latest Biggest Game of His Life and threw three interceptions in the loss that ended the Cowboys' season.

"It does not feel good," Romo said. "I feel like I let our team down."

That's because he did
. Break down the film and you'll see an offense that couldn't adjust to the Washington Redskins' surprising blitz packages and a defense that couldn't stop the run. But the story of Sunday's game is and always will be that Romo threw two interceptions in the first quarter that robbed the Cowboys of a chance to set the pace and one in the fourth that killed their chance to come back. After throwing 13 interceptions in his first seven games of the year, Romo threw only six in his final nine. But of those six, five game in the two losses to the Redskins, who won the division and sent the Cowboys home at 8-8.

more........................

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...mself-to-blame
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #419
joeski3d

Romo deserves a good trashing. As does the Dallas defense, even though they were beaten up before they got to the game.
But, what is also deserved is praise. I gotta give credit to the Skins. They are really, really good right now and RGIII ensures they are fun to watch. Unlike the Cowboys, their drives were calculated, purposeful and generated results. There are ways to take advantage of the blitz but the Cowboys O rarely got any plays off that, if it generated yards, didn't look accidentally successful. If they did win last night they would repeat their previous recent playoff numbers by being dismissed early.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #420
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Don't be a d!ck Hooch.
Don't be a girl Joe ...what's a sports rivalry without a little banter?

Good game...Seattle will be tough.

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote