E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #461
Chilton88

My Ride: 325ci, 325xi
450 bucks is not necessarily cheap, but if you are ready go ahead and test it.
Chilton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #462
bimer21

My Ride: stick 325i
i just were trying to get something cheap! but if that one if the cheapers one i will get it! i dont care too much what its bring or stuff like, what console you thinks is good for a cheap price under 400$ for example?
bimer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #463
Chilton88

My Ride: 325ci, 325xi
If you are not too much into hacking or trying to modify the system, then the Windows CE would be good. Take a look at their website at Eonon. They also have a video demo of the item on their website. You might like it.
Chilton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #464
bimer21

My Ride: stick 325i
I did watch it and i did like it but thanks
bimer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #465
Powlette

My Ride: E39
Update?

Is there any firmware/software update for this unit yet? The random source on startup is a major annoyance.
Powlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #466
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Awesome day today-- I found out that not only did stuffing hockey equipment into the front seat of my car break the left knob off of my unit, it also popped the SD card out and CRACKED it. I discovered this when I tried to use my Nav tonight.

The only thing more awesome than this is when i got home to find that I no longer have the file folder which had the navi software, the wince patch and what ever else goes on the card.

ONE last kick.. cant even find the original 2gb card that came with it. Does anyone have a loaded file folder that I could DL?
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #467
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Awesome day today-- I found out that not only did stuffing hockey equipment into the front seat of my car break the left knob off of my unit, it also popped the SD card out and CRACKED it. I discovered this when I tried to use my Nav tonight.

The only thing more awesome than this is when i got home to find that I no longer have the file folder which had the navi software, the wince patch and what ever else goes on the card.

ONE last kick.. cant even find the original 2gb card that came with it. Does anyone have a loaded file folder that I could DL?
Kieth... Still need a copy? If you've got a card and still need it... PM me and I'll give you my address and I can make you a copy.

Oh and another little trick I discovered for getting the unit back to the FM radio... At start up once the unit has loaded, tap the Band button. The unit will immediately switch to the radio no matter which ever other function it has chosen to start.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #468
Dannyboy223

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Has any one had any battery drain issues with the enco? I have mine plugged right up normally, and am experiencing a .5 amp draw with it plugged in, and .004 amp draw with it unplugged. Would anyone know the problem?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #469
Dannyboy223

My Ride: 2002 325ci
anyone?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #470
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
Double check you don't the remote wire going to your amp hooked up wrong or it's not some other accessory plugged into the radio. If not then there is something wrong with the unit itself. I had a factory amp go bad so it wouldn't shut off when the car was off. The car was drawing 500mA off and the battery would die in a week. It was 25mA once I replaced the amp. Keep in mind that after you turn the car off it will take a few seconds before all your accessories fully power down.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels

Last edited by SmokeyDP; 12-24-2012 at 10:17 AM.
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #471
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
anybody noticed how awful the ipod interface is on these units? no artist, no playlist you basically have to work from one giant list of songs,quite useless!.
considering these units cost a bit more than the average chinese all in one possibly because in their minds BMW = $$$$.
I have a two year old chinese nav unit in our other car which has a far superior ipod interface to the enco/eonon bmw h/u these units desperatley need a firmware upgrade!
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #472
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
anybody noticed how awful the ipod interface is on these units? no artist, no playlist you basically have to work from one giant list of songs,quite useless!.
considering these units cost a bit more than the average chinese all in one possibly because in their minds BMW = $$$$.
I have a two year old chinese nav unit in our other car which has a far superior ipod interface to the enco/eonon bmw h/u these units desperatley need a firmware upgrade!
Amen to that!

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #473
asdetail

i think maybe everyone who has one of these units should have a whinge to the chinese suppliers,i have already, their response was" we will tell to engineers about problem" yeah right!,maybe if this issue spreads across the bmw forums the bad press might motivate them to fix the issues
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #474
mbadger

My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Hi guys, need some advice before ordering the unit.

I was asked if my amp is in the rear of the vehicle to which I replied yes and I'm told I may need to purchase a 5 Meter additional cable for 25.00?

Any idea what this wire may refer to?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #475
asdetail

that extension cable applies if you have the oem tv/nav screen in your vehicle, cos the radio is in the boot,if you have the business cd you dont need it
Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #476
asdetail

just a thought for everyone who has volume issues on radio with non-h/k systems, try going into sound settings and set the equaliser to "jazz" it seems to make the voulume at low levels much softer, well,works for me anyways
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #477
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
that extension cable applies if you have the oem tv/nav screen in your vehicle, cos the radio is in the boot,if you have the business cd you dont need it
Thanks much, you definitely saved me $25.00.

Cheers.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #478
spurs51

My Ride: 316 ti
I have an after market amp hooked up to one of these units but it cuts in and out randomly and seems to be picking up the engine sound. Has anyone encounterd this problem ? I dont have HK system in my car and I have ony used the enco sub out cable, I have not used the rca plugs. Can anyone help please?
spurs51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #479
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs51 View Post
I have an after market amp hooked up to one of these units but it cuts in and out randomly and seems to be picking up the engine sound. Has anyone encounterd this problem ? I dont have HK system in my car and I have ony used the enco sub out cable, I have not used the rca plugs. Can anyone help please?
I recently installed a B146/Erisin D5113U in my non-HK e46 and I have the same issue. I have the Line output converter that was there and working with the factory radio prior to the installation connected to my left rear deck speaker wire. I'm planning to run a dedicated RCA when I run my rear camera rca wire to see if the issue is resolved that way.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #480
spurs51

My Ride: 316 ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadger View Post
I recently installed a B146/Erisin D5113U in my non-HK e46 and I have the same issue. I have the Line output converter that was there and working with the factory radio prior to the installation connected to my left rear deck speaker wire. I'm planning to run a dedicated RCA when I run my rear camera rca wire to see if the issue is resolved that way.
Ok, let me know how you get on. You have got a subwoofer I take it ? My amp is connected only to the sub.
spurs51 is offline   Reply With Quote