E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
For SALE: SET of BILSTEIN HD SHOCKS & STRUTS (ONLY 175 miles on them) - SOLD!!!

For Sale:

Set of FOUR (4) BILSTEIN HD shocks and struts for e46.

The set has approximately 175 miles on them.

They ALSO come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY from the Bilstein factory.

FRONT STRUTS:

F4-VE3-B504-H1 (LEFT FRONT)
F4-VE3-B505-H1 (RIGHT FRONT)

REAR SHOCKS:

F4-BE3-2697-H1 (L or R REAR)
F4-BE3-2697-H1 (L or R REAR)

A little while ago, I needed to replace the shocks and struts for my 2003 330i and instead of buying a set of SACHS direct OE replacements, I opted to purchase a set of brand new Bilstein HD shocks and struts off of eBay which cost me $600 for all four.

After driving around with them for a couple of weeks, I realized that these were much too firm for my taste and preferred the factory suspension ride that came with the car, which I purchased new. The Billy's offered a really stiff suspension compared to the OE SACHS I had been accustomed to.

After putting on approximately 175 miles, I ended up replacing them with direct SACHS OE replacements from an online BMW dealer. The SACHS ended up costing me a LOT more, but I felt the factory ride suited my ride comfort better and have been happy with them ever since.

Right now, I'm in the process of cleaning out my spare parts and would like to sell these BILSTEIN HD SHOCKS & STRUTS as a SET of FOUR. The are virtually BRAND NEW with well under 200 miles on them.

If you are serious about buying them, I can furnish paperwork reflecting the price I paid for them, including the invoice for both the BILSTEIN AND SACHS sets. I also have the repair shop invoices for the installation and removal of both sets as well. This would attest to the fact that they were indeed on the car for only a couple of weeks and replaced with SACHS from BMW. You can be assured that they are still "puppies," and please use any test method you would like, to verify that they have almost no mileage on them.

I PAID $600.00 for the set of four BRAND NEW and they have barely been used at all. They just sat around for a while and I would like to get rid of them now.

Ideally, I would like to get $350-$400 for them, but am willing to accept ANY reasonable offers. Keep in mind that they are practically NEW and also come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. So if you need to replace them down the road, you would essentially get a brand new set. This could be the last time you ever pay for a set of shocks and struts.

I would prefer PayPal payment. As far as shipping goes, local (NYC) pick-up would be ideal, but I would be willing to ship them as well. I honestly have no idea what shipping would cost, but if its not too expensive I would be willing to cover the shipping if reasonable. However, I would most likely choose the least expensive method available.

Also, if it makes you feel more secure or confident about the integrity of the transaction, I am a local neighbor of SolidJake (e46fanatics MOD) and I'm sure he would be willing to attest or vouch anything for you, should you have any concerns. I could give him a call and have him take a look at them, etc. to verify the shocks and struts.

I can also put them up on eBay and you may purchase them from there, once we have an agreement, if you feel more secure about transacting through them.

Please post a response or PM any questions or offers.

Thanks!

Last edited by OrientBlau; 05-23-2014 at 04:55 PM.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
PM sent
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
whitewater_E46

My Ride: 2000 Dinan 3 323Ci
pm sent
whitewater_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
evo7

My Ride: 330i
PM sent but never got a reply.
evo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
I just installed Bilstein PSS and love them fwiw, but almost all of my driving here in CA is freeways and flat secondary roads. Heck of a deal for someone looking for a more sporting feel in their e46, truly a reasonable offer, GLWS.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
OrientBlau

Exclamation BILSTEIN HD still FOR SALE...

Hey Guys,

Apologies for not responding to the posts above or the PMs sent. Shortly after listing the Bilstein HDs, a confluence of events in my life involving my family had developed into a mini crisis requiring my presence out of New York City. When I got back I forgot all about this post.

Anyway, they're still laying around and in the same condition and I WANT to SELL these ASAP as I'm cleaning out my apt.

I put them on eBay for a "Buy Now" for $450 (free UPS Ground shipping). However I'm also accepting BEST OFFERS - so let me know what you're willing to pay for them. When you go to the auction there will be a function that allows you to make a BEST OFFER.

If you're interested in them, check out the auction below.

BILSTEIN HD SHOCKS & STRUTS - COMPLETE SET of FOUR (4) FRONT & REAR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILSTEIN-HD-...a1ffc9&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

Last edited by OrientBlau; 05-21-2014 at 10:14 PM.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #7
tinman143

My Ride: 2005 M3
These are fantastic shocks and what a bargain! Glws and these should go quickly.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
tinman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
mksd0429

My Ride: 03 ZHP
You have a PM
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #9
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksd0429 View Post
You have a PM
PM sent!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
OrientBlau

Exclamation Quick NYC SALE!

I will sell locally to anyone in the NYC area for $300 cash.

They are currently listed at $450 "BUY NOW" on eBay.

$300 for virtually BRAND NEW BILSTEINS is a GREAT DEAL, folks.

ONLY 175 MILES on them.

ALL FOUR CORNERS FOR $300.00

Send me a PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
OrientBlau

Sold

SOLD!!!

Thanks for looking!