E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
:lol:

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
You making a reference to anyone in particular?
lol, civilian calling out short-timer deployments.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Also Vilsek....don't feel bad about your called "brothers" dissing you for posting that picture of the rocket attack. I thought that was pretty cool and it showed you how lucky you were to survived that IDF attack. I don't know why these so called "brothers" of yours were giving you a hard time about posting such a harmless photo. I thought it was sad and digusting that they team up, mocked you and attack you in the comfort of their living room.

You are absolutely a hero in my books. Stay Safe man. You are in my prayers.

IB4 giving the enemy an BDA cuz that is such a weak argument.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Also Vilsek....don't feel bad about your called "brothers" dissing you for posting that picture of the rocket attack. I thought that was pretty cool and it showed you how lucky you were to survived that IDF attack. I don't know why these so called "brothers" of yours were giving you a hard time about posting such a harmless photo. I thought it was sad and digusting that they team up, mocked you and attack you in the comfort of their living room.

just... don't talk about things that you just don't know anything about.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:

What are you talking about? Battle Damage Assessments has to do with?

Is this some kind of New Years resolution...to make ridiculous statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
lol, civilian calling out short-timer deployments.
lol

Like I'm supposed to feel guilty that Marine infantry battalions did 6 month deployments when I was in.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 01-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
I can't believe this. Flash for someone who claims to be so smart and loaded with technical degrees, you would think you had wisdom too. But hey, there is a first for everything.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I can't believe this. Flash for someone who claims to be so smart and loaded with technical degrees, you would think you had wisdom too. But hey, there is a first for everything.
Oh she's smart, smart at trolling. Perhaps she has a technical degree in it.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
lol, non-citizen civilian calling out short-timer deployments.
ftfy

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Oh she's smart, smart at trolling. Perhaps she has a technical degree in it.
[oldjoke]
is that a B.S. in BS?
[/oldjoke]
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
NOVAbimmer

Quote:

lol

Like I'm supposed to feel guilty that Marine infantry battalions did 6 month deployments when I was in.

I hold you personally responsible for not volunteering to stay longer in country.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
MDydinanM

Quote:
I hold you personally responsible for not volunteering to stay longer in country.

Guilty as charged.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #33
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Quote:
True but i think the the grocery store does get some federal suplements to help off set the "at cost" practice.

Hey vilseck....r u back from the Stan yet? If not, stay safe and have a happy new year. U r my hero. Some people spend 3-6 months and some not even in theater and complain about their difficult "deployment." U in thr other hand spends 12 months and get pounded with idf on a daily basis so my hats off to u.

Stay safe and come home.

sent from Samsung Galaxy Tablet
I got back about a month ago, which readjusting had been a bit hard. A lot of the airforce foes 6 months, but each unit always has people that need to go back for some reason. For this deployment we had a force cap that we exceded and had to send several dozen back early into this deploymnet. It was horrible though, we would het hit daily by rockets, way way worse than my last deployment in Zhari Kandarhar. All other branches only do 3-6 month deployment due thoer how smal they are, the USMC and Airforce are just too small to have people over there for over 6 months. We moved to a 9 month rotation, we no longer get R and R wich makes the deployment seem longer, but at month 9 it feels good bro.

The guy who "knew my boss" is a tool, and had no idea wtf he was talking about.

Last edited by vilseck21; 01-01-2013 at 02:49 PM.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #34
vilseck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Calm down. Can I get a source?
http://www.cpol.army.mil/library/naf/

http://www.armymwr.org/financialmana...resources.aspx

https://cpolrhp.belvoir.army.mil/eur.../naf/index.htm

Last edited by vilseck21; 01-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #35
vilseck21

Quote:

The pictures I posted were ok brecuse it did not show any weaknesses of any military protection equipment, nor was the pictures large enough to allow anyone to target the base, nor did it give an exact location of where my paticular hooch was. I took them down simpley beacsue I got tired of people pretended to know what they were taling about and trying to make me look like a fool. I did not have the time or will to argue with them. Basically I felt I did not need to prove anything so instead of having to spend hours looking up specific regualtions qeguarding unclassified information, I just took them down. Some people eve commented on my name wich was very weak.

It was a very weark argument, in reality the only thing it showed was the fact that rockets dont do **** to our building , so thye were wasting thier time.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #36
vilseck21

Quote:

lol

It had to do with the rocket hitting my room, there was no BDA, just some chips, burns and scuffmarks on my rooms outer wall

Last edited by vilseck21; 01-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
I got back about a month ago, which readjusting had been a bit hard. A lot of the airforce foes 6 months, but each unit always has people that need to go back for some reason. For this deployment we had a force cap that we exceded and had to send several dozen back early into this deploymnet. It was horrible though, we would het hit daily by rockets, way way worse than my last deployment in Zhari Kandarhar. All other branches only do 3-6 month deployment due thoer how smal they are, the USMC and Airforce are just too small to have people over there for over 6 months. We moved to a 9 month rotation, we no longer get R and R wich makes the deployment seem longer, but at month 9 it feels good bro.

The guy who "knew my boss" is a tool, and had no idea wtf he was talking about.
Welcome back.

You were in Zhari? No way!!! I definitely know a lot about zhari (zharay). I was with working with USDA and PRT and the Canadians military trying to build that agriculture center next to FOB Wilson. I original came into theater with USAID working for that medical clinic out side the district center but stayed and helped out with USDA on the ag cntr. I got some pix...maybe we can share to compare how zhari has progress.

The funny thing is that as a civilian, I have more "boots on the ground" then a bunch of chairborne rangers on e46. Sitting a a fob in KAF or BAF OR even Manas doing "fire guard" duty is not a combat development.

Again, welcome back. U and I have a lot in common.

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App

Last edited by flashmeow; 01-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Welcome back.

You were in Zhari? No way!!! I definitely know a lot about zhari (zharay). I was with working with USDA and PRT and the Canadians military trying to build that agriculture center next to FOB Wilson. I original came into theater with USAID working for that medical clinic out side the district center but stayed and helped out with USDA on the ag cntr. I got some pix...maybe we can share to compare how zhari has progress.

The funny thing is that as a civilian, I have more "boots on the ground" then a bunch of chairborne rangers on e46. Sitting a a fob in KAF or BAF OR even Manas doing "fire guard" duty is not a combat development.

WTF is going on here? Is she really trolling this hard?
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #39
vilseck21

Quote:
Welcome back.

I was in FOB Wilson back in 2009, right when we took it over from the Canadians in September. I was in 1-12 Infantry back then. We got there it was a small Canadian COP, we turned it into a FOB. I heard they built a small airstrip there. We were still living in the tents back then, and the Chowhall was closed on Tuesdays, which made things more misarable. I spent some time in COP Sanjaray for a bit to get some of my battlefield circulation done. I would have loved to spend more time in KAF than I did, that boardwalk was a huge moral booster the few times I had to go there

We were orginally at FOB Ramrod holdign it down untill we could occupy Wilson. Funny thing is I felt safer at wilson then at Mehtar-Lam, and I lived in a hard building there.

Last edited by vilseck21; 01-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
I was in FOB Wilson back in 2009, right when we took it over from the Canadians in September. I was in 1-12 Infantry back then. We got there it was a small Canadian COP, we turned it into a FOB. I heard they built a small airstrip there. We were still living in the tents back then, and the Chowhall was closed on Tuesdays, which made things more misarable. I spent some time in COP Sanjaray for a bit to get some of my battlefield circulation done

We were orginally at FOB Ramrod holdign it down untill we could occupy Wilson. Funny thing is I felt safer at wilson then at Mehtar-Lam, and I lived in a hard building there.

Sanjaray is no joke. My boss wanted me to help out with the school there in Sanjaray but I said no. I really dont trust the ANP.

Boy...I missed the arghandab valley. Little school kids would bring me fresh pomegranate during the fall. I love afghan kids. they are the sweetest thing ever.

Last edited by flashmeow; 01-01-2013 at 03:35 PM.