E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #2181
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Will be picking up my Noveske N4 stripped lower and upper reciever Thursday Now still need to find a BCG
where did u find it? i cant find any in stock anywhere.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #2182
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
If an AWB doesn't happen, my first AR will be Daniel Defense. I've always heard great things, but that's good business. I like that, especially not changing prices.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #2183
TSR6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 270
My Ride: Keg Sled
I may have found an in-stock lower. Waiting for a reply. I'm tempted to buy now and build up a 308 when I have cash again...
__________________
TSR6
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #2184
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,775
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
I have the slide fire stock for my ar 15. Do you guys think they will try to pass something against it?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
It will fall into the realm of one of the banned "assault rifle characteristics" categories, be it a pistol grip or collapsible stock. They'll find every way they can to include the most minute technicality to ban as much as possible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
That's annoying then.. I'm going to ask the owner of the store (a friend) about that... if they're full of sh*t, I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
I just took another look at that picture that you posted from FB. It may just be crafty advertising. They don't actually say that they make ammunition for the military, they say that they make it "for military and LE use". That probably means that they make it to the same specs, but it's misleading either way.
Yep. A lot of companies use specific wording that is open to interpretation to make claims without actually making claims. Lots of companies will submit an item to a special operations team or give it some operator walking by at SHOT show. The companies will then claim their product is used by special operations in order to increase sales on the commercial market, despite the fact that probably 98% of products given to these people get thrown in the garbage or traded at a FOB or base for a couple cans of Skoal or some porn.
When people call them out on it, they get away with it by claiming a technicality.
In this case, the company is using misleading wording, as Serbonze pointed out. They provide ammo that COULD be used by military or law enforcement, but isn't necessarily currently being used. We know what they're implying, but they can claim innocence by technicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Spoke to Daniel Defense this morning...they confirmed that there's a DDM4 with my name on it...should be in my hands in 2 weeks, at the latest.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #2185
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: 05 M3
Just recieved my shipment of over a dozen Pmags that were advertised by a vendor on AR15com as a Gen3 pre-sale with the photo and description of the Gen 3's but recieved all Gen 2's. Now they are claiming an oversight of labeling,but my invoice says Gen3 also. I know I am lucky to have any,but I still think I was burned.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #2186
TSR6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 270
My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
Just recieved my shipment of over a dozen Pmags that were advertised by a vendor on AR15com as a Gen3 pre-sale with the photo and description of the Gen 3's but recieved all Gen 2's. Now they are claiming an oversight of labeling,but my invoice says Gen3 also. I know I am lucky to have any,but I still think I was burned.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Catch 22. Should you be happy to have mags at all? or pissed that you don't have Gen3?

What's the difference?
__________________
TSR6
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #2187
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
Catch 22.

What's the difference?

The M3 design is stronger in all tests over the current PMag (feedlip impact, spine strength, side impact, cold/hot weather. etc.). -The M3 has geometry changes to increase reliability in extreme and adverse conditions. -The M3 has new low drag follower design for increased reliability in dust environments. -The M3 is now drop free compatible with magazine wells on the tight end of the tolerance. -The M3 is now fully compatible with HK416, SA80A2 (Magwell length) and FNSCAR (Bolt Catch) weapon systems. -New over travel stop allows the M3 mag to be used in mixed HK416/M4 environments without potential over travel in the M4 weapon. (previous PMag has the over travel stop in the front of the mag which cannot be used due to the longer HK416 magwell). -The M3 magazine catch area is reinforced. -The M3 magazine has a new slimmer floorplate to aid in pouch compatibility. -The M3 has slightly increased rib height for better handling under stress. -The M3 has grip ribs on front and rear spines for increased positive handling under stress. -The M3 has a recessed paint pen matrix for individual marking of magazines that is consistent and will not become illegible due to use and cleaning. -The M3 Maglevel features new window material which is more chemical resistant and has a new non glare finish.

Taken from Magpul post.


sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #2188
TSR6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 270
My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
The M3 design is stronger in all tests over the current PMag (feedlip impact, spine strength, side impact, cold/hot weather. etc.). -The M3 has geometry changes to increase reliability in extreme and adverse conditions. -The M3 has new low drag follower design for increased reliability in dust environments. -The M3 is now drop free compatible with magazine wells on the tight end of the tolerance. -The M3 is now fully compatible with HK416, SA80A2 (Magwell length) and FNSCAR (Bolt Catch) weapon systems. -New over travel stop allows the M3 mag to be used in mixed HK416/M4 environments without potential over travel in the M4 weapon. (previous PMag has the over travel stop in the front of the mag which cannot be used due to the longer HK416 magwell). -The M3 magazine catch area is reinforced. -The M3 magazine has a new slimmer floorplate to aid in pouch compatibility. -The M3 has slightly increased rib height for better handling under stress. -The M3 has grip ribs on front and rear spines for increased positive handling under stress. -The M3 has a recessed paint pen matrix for individual marking of magazines that is consistent and will not become illegible due to use and cleaning. -The M3 Maglevel features new window material which is more chemical resistant and has a new non glare finish.

Taken from Magpul post.


sent from my ATARI sc1224
Got it... I'm still learning here.. haha.. You guys have NO idea how pissed I am that I waited this long to buy my first AR-15. I hope it's not my last... Let me know if you're going to dump those pmags off cheap. ;-) lol

Anyone on here use Double Star lowers? I am hearing it sounds like the tolerances aren't all that great...?
__________________
TSR6

Last edited by TSR6; 12-31-2012 at 07:17 PM.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #2189
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,024
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Can't wait to pick up the DD.. Considering grabbing a pistol when I do
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #2190
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,221
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
where did u find it? i cant find any in stock anywhere.
Bought from a guy off AR15 forums
__________________
Waiting to be installed: H&R Race Springs
Upcoming Mods: 1-Piece CSL Splitter
Tom5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #2191
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
ahh, hope he didnt rape you on the price
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #2192
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
ahh, hope he didnt rape you on the price
He did well. I found him a matching noveske upper/lower for $400 shipped

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #2193
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
thats a great price considering the current state of things
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #2194
TSR6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 270
My Ride: Keg Sled
No comments on Double Star lowers? Just curious... just about the only lower that seems to not be out of stock... The good ole internet search makes it sound like they're a bit sloppy.
__________________
TSR6
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #2195
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
i havent heard much about them. but if they are the only thing in stock, that should probably tell you something
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #2196
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,775
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
My agency was prepping to order all new mags for all of our rifles. We had been waiting for the windowed Gen3 so that we can use them in our 416s as well as Colt LE6921s. We're also looking at getting the Magpul G36 mags for our two G36Cs. What's bullshit is that people are buying G36 mags, likely for NO REASON since they can't be used in anything other than a G36 (not even an SL8).
We also have to find someone that can accommodate our 40+ mag order for PMAGs. This is not too much of an issue, but it's going to be a huge PITA to wait.
What's bullshit is that I can't figure out why the G36 mags are gone, other than the fact that some fucking oxygen-thieving assholes probably bought them in hopes to sell them for a massive markup.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-01-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #2197
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Can't wait to pick up the DD.. Considering grabbing a pistol when I do
When are you changing to a VIRGINIA address?
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2198
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,809
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
My agency was prepping to order all new mags for all of our rifles. We had been waiting for the windowed Gen3 so that we can use them in our 416s as well as Colt LE6921s. We're also looking at getting the Magpul G36 mags for our two G36Cs. What's bullshit is that people are buying G36 mags, likely for NO REASON since they can't be used in anything other than a G36 (not even an SL8).
We also have to find someone that can accommodate our 40+ mag order for PMAGs. This is not too much of an issue, but it's going to be a huge PITA to wait.
What's bullshit is that I can't figure out why the G36 mags are gone, other than the fact that some fucking oxygen-thieving assholes probably bought them in hopes to sell them for a massive markup.
Cant LE agencies simply just call Magpul and HK directly and bypass everyone? Had no idea that the G36 mags were proprietary in relation to the SL8 wow
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #2199
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,431
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Cant LE agencies simply just call Magpul and HK directly and bypass everyone? Had no idea that the G36 mags were proprietary in relation to the SL8 wow
they can, but if there's no stock to sell direct, then they're out of luck.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #2200
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,431
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I'm waiting on two orders of pmags to ship.

One from Midway and the other from Brownell's.
__________________

Last edited by NOVAbimmer; 01-01-2013 at 11:00 AM.
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use