E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
jimmione

My Ride: 03 BMW m3
Rally Road porsche brembo M3 kit complete-Kit is sold

Up for sale is a Rally Road Brembo Porsche BBK conversion kit! This is a complete kit, was installed on my car for over a year. The kit includes the following:

Front brakes:

Boxster S front calipers (machined by Rally Road to accept their bracket)
Rally Road bracket
Rally Road extended SS brake lines
Porsche Textar brake pads
OEM ZCP 345mm BMW brake rotors

Calipers were purchased used, no leaks or other issues; bracket/lines purchased new; pads in good shape. ZCP rotors purchased new, have about 30k miles and at least a dozen track days. Just turned, still in spec

Rear brakes

Boxster S rear calipers
Rally Road bracket
Rally Road extended SS brake lines
Porsche Textar brake pads
Power Slot brand, slotted and cryo treated oem sized/vented 328 mm rotors

All calipers off same low mileage donor car, one rear caliper dust boot is torn, should replace all dust boots on pistons; easy and cheap; bracket/lines purchased new same as fronts. Pads are recent. Rotors have about 5k miles, only a couple of track days.

Best reason to convert to this kit is if you want to track your car, even occasionally! Street brake pads can't cope with the track, except maybe your first day. With the Brembo calipers, switching from street to track pads is super easy, takes about a minute if you have a (reasonably cheap) pad spreading tool.

For the fronts, I have a set of Porterfield R4 pads (used once) and a half used up set of Performance Friction 06 pads (awesome track pads!).

For the rear, I have a just purchased (used one day) set of Performance Friction 06 pads.

Finally, I obtained a set of p0lar titanium backing plates that will keep your calipers and fluid cooler on track days. These are brand new!

If you were going to buy all this stuff on your own:

Porsche Boxster S/Carrera 996 calipers-700ish for a used set, another 75 to machine the fronts to work with the bracket, plus shipping it back and forth to RR to do the job
Rally Road brackets front and rear 350
Rally Road lines 130
Textar pads F/R 150 new
ZCP rotors 430 new from Tischer, maybe 200-250 for a used set
Power Slot rear rotors were 200 new, maybe 100-150 for a used set
Porterfield pads were 200+ new, used one day
PF pads are 250-275 an axle new; rears are used one day, fronts 1/2 used
p0lar plates were 65 new, unused
plus shipping, tax, paypal...

About 2700+ so far...

This is a great looking kit for street and track! A great entry level BBK for someone who is been bit by the track bug without going bonkers for a full Brembo/Stoptech BBK that will cost 5-7+k! The best part is this kit is that it uses or can use OEM rotors which are dirt cheap compared to the 2 piece compound rotors on the big boy kits. You can get OEM rotors cheap and if you hunt around, find killer deals on aftermarket 2 pc or Euro rotors used. There are a couple of those killer deals on this forum right now! There is a PowerBrake ZCP group buy going on for ZCP front rotors and a set of Performance Friction rear 2pc rotors used going for a song...

Last edited by jimmione; 01-03-2013 at 09:27 PM.
jimmione is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Pete_repete

My Ride: 98 Civic, 02 M3
Do these fit with the stock 18" wheels? I see they do in one of your pictures but do you need any spacers for the car?
Pete_repete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
jimmione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_repete View Post
Do these fit with the stock 18" wheels? I see they do in one of your pictures but do you need any spacers for the car?
I'm using oem 19's actually, but I've been using a square set of oem 18's on the track with no issues. It uses ZCP front discs, so it shouldn't be an issue. I just sent a message to Rally Road to confirm that you don't need spacers
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
Would this fit on a sedan?
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
jimmione

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshgrntd View Post
Would this fit on a sedan?
I'm assuming you have a non M3 e46, since they didn't make a e46 M3 sedan. According to Eric at Rally road, you can use the calipers/pads, the SS brake lines and the rear rotors from my kit, but you'll have to get new non M3 front brackets, new e36 M3 rear brackets (also work with non m3 e46) and oem sized 325mm front rotors. Also, you'll have to machine an add't 6.5mm off the front calipers, which rally road also does. If somebody wants those parts from me and I can find buyers for my brackets and front ZCP rotors, I'll part the kit out!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
jimmione

Quote:
Eric at Rally Road says you "may" need spacers with oem 18's. Has anyone else out there ran this set up with oem 18's?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Pete_repete

My Ride: 98 Civic, 02 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmione View Post
Eric at Rally Road says you "may" need spacers with oem 18's. Has anyone else out there ran this set up with oem 18's?
I have 15mm spacers in the front but none in the rear
Pete_repete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
jimmione

Quote:
I have 15mm spacers in the front but none in the rear
That would probably be more than enough!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #9
jimmione

I'm withdrawing the p0lar rear brake brackets from this deal as I have a local buyer for those. The rest of the kit is still available!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
jimmione

Deal on rear brackets fell through, entire package is still available. Super cheap front and rear Brembo BBK anyone?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
jimmione

let's get this sold before the end of the year!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
jimmione

bump it time
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
alpine325coupe

My Ride: 2004 M3 SG/IR
Free bump. I have these calipers on my M3. Great budget BBK

2004 M3 Silver Grey / Imola Red
alpine325coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
jimmione

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine325coupe View Post
Free bump. I have these calipers on my M3. Great budget BBK
Are you running stock wheels and if so, did you need spacers? I'm getting questions about that, I've never ran oem front wheels with the kit so I really don't know. Even Eric at Rally Road didn't know for sure...
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
alpine325coupe

My Ride: 2004 M3 SG/IR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmione View Post
Are you running stock wheels and if so, did you need spacers? I'm getting questions about that, I've never ran oem front wheels with the kit so I really don't know. Even Eric at Rally Road didn't know for sure...
I'm running OEM 18s. Spacers are needed in the front. I have 12mm right now but you can get away with 10mm or maybe a little less. Rears do not need spacers.

2004 M3 Silver Grey / Imola Red
alpine325coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
jimmione

Kit is sold!