E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #201
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtin325i View Post
If im not mistaken, the owner of the twin building went over and up-ed his insurance for the towers a week before the incident.

You tell me?
Unless you can cite a reliable source, I'll tell you that you are mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
actually, thats not correct. the towers were privately held at the time of the attacks. Held privately for the first time ever in May of 2001. Also keep in mind that pre-9/11 terrorism coverage was VERY rare for ANYONE to take or even offer. But, when the private firm that held the towers bought the building, they took out a handsome amt in terrorism coverage.

i'm not trying to convince anyone of a conspiracy either, just offering some facts.
Please offer correct facts, then.

Silverstein leased them, but Port Authority still owned them.

It was late July, not May: http://web.archive.org/web/200109041...ase.php3?id=80

And it would seem the policies were still being sorted out at the time of the attacks: http://www.economist.com/node/2656873

Quote:
The dispute over the World Trade Centre arose because Mr Silverstein-who leased it in the summer of 2001-was still finalising his insurance policy when the buildings were destroyed.
There's a difference between "still finalizing" and "inexplicably increased at the last minute".

In addition, did he actually have "terrorism insurance" or was it disaster insurance that pretty much every commercial building has?

Lastly, after Feb 93, it would be pretty foolish NOT to have insurance that covered damage from terrorism.

Yes
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 12-30-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #202
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
none of what i said was factually incorrect. the ownership lines were very blurry at the time of attack. for the first time (in 2001) there was private equity in the buildings.

Additionally, i'm not sure where you found that the policies were "still being worked out". there is no fvcking way this deal would have went through without every insurance policy in place. by all accounts i've seen within the industry, the policies were in place in June 2001. the only thing disputed was if each plane was a separate incident or not, which would make the payout nearly double.

Thirdly, in 2001, terrorism coverage was scarcely used. i mean, REALLY rare. very few carriers offered it, and almost no one took it. I'm not connecting any dots here. but terrorism and acts of war are excluded on just about every single property policy in the world, and always have been. its available by endorsement or another policy, never included. they possibly just had a solid consultant who told them to take it, to clarify, its not like they added terrorism the day before the event.

sidenote: to RAMTIN's point, there was a very handsome profit made when building 7 fell as well. not trying to argue with u xcel, but please let me know what i provided that was factually incorrect?

Last edited by wrighterjw10; 12-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #203
Xcelratr

I don't find anything blurry about Port Authority owning WTC and Silverstein signing a lease in July about 6 weeks before the attack occured.

I cited my source for the insurance info. It states:

Quote:
In most disaster insurance, “occurrence” is carefully defined. Earthquake coverage typically treats all shaking during a four-day period as one event, says Robert Hartwig of the Insurance Information Institute. The dispute over the World Trade Centre arose because Mr Silverstein—who leased it in the summer of 2001—was still finalising his insurance policy when the buildings were destroyed.
Reading this, I'm assuming that there was no "terrorism" insurance, but the attack was considered a "disaster".

Quote:
The muddle over forms is hard to credit. Such a litigious business, you might think, would have everything signed and sealed before a policy goes into place. Not so. One reason is that on a big policy such as that covering the World Trade Centre lots of insurers will share the risk. Bringing them all together is tricky enough for a broker, so details—such as making sure they all sign the same form—are often sorted out later. Sometimes “you do the best you can, and revisit it later when the market settles down,” explains one London broker—although he adds that things have been tightened up in recent years.
Based on the above, it sure sounds like the insurance wasn't finalized, which certainly casts doubt on the allegation that the insured increased his coverage RIGHT before the attacks happened.

This is the first I've heard of this insurance allegation. I've only read a little about it, so I'm open to more info from credible sources.

Yes
Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #204
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
They included terrorism on their policy, idk what else to tell you. Acts of war and terrorism have been excluded on policies for a long time.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #205
Xcelratr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
They included terrorism on their policy, idk what else to tell you. Acts of war and terrorism have been excluded on policies for a long time.
Well, idk either. Do you have direct experience in multi-billion $ cre policies? Maybe the game changes at that level? Maybe the previous terrorist attack on that specific property prompted the lessee or the Port Authority to insist that the policy be written to include acts of terrorism as "disasters"?

But regardless of that, if the lessee signed the lease on July 24, and the insurance was still being finalized on Sept 11, unless someone can cite a specific instance in that 7 week span where the lessee revisited the "terrorism insurance" amount, then I'm going to call on the claim that "the owner of the twin building went over and up-ed his insurance for the towers a week before the incident".

Yes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #206
Stealthman
Banned User

The planes hit outside of the WTC building. So 9/11 was outsider's job.
Stealthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #207
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Class of '13.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #208
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
OK, hear this argument.

We are going to forget about proof, admittance and guilt. So seriously, forget that.

Bush is out of his mind. I can't believe that he would orchestrate that disaster for his own personal gains.

I still think it's nuts that the Obama administration not only planned hurricane Sandy, but they also planned the Sandy Hook shootings. That was cunning of them to use the same name.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #209
kaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by accolade View Post
OK, hear this argument.

We are going to forget about proof, admittance and guilt. So seriously, forget that.

Bush is out of his mind. I can't believe that he would orchestrate that disaster for his own personal gains.

I still think it's nuts that the Obama administration not only planned hurricane Sandy, but they also planned the Sandy Hook shootings. That was cunning of them to use the same name.
How does an administration plan weather?

2002 M3
Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #210
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
The same way the all supreme Iranian regime does - a weather machine.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/31/world/meast/syria-sandy-facebook-claim/index.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2049879.html

Last edited by MDydinanM; 01-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #211
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
They can't plan it... But according to the maniacal conspiracy theorists....

HAARP

Last edited by Big Rick; 01-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #212
kaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
They can't plan it... But according to the maniacal conspiracy theorists....

HAARP
Do you know what HAARP is? Are you just trolling cause you wanna try and be funny?

2002 M3
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #213
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
a little late to the party

B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #214
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Do you know what HAARP is? Are you just trolling cause you wanna try and be funny?
The HAARP uses a billion watts, beamed straight into the ionosphere for experiments. Picture these strings as layers of the earth, each one has it's own frequency. It would vibrate any strings that were present in the ground.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 01-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #215
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #216
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
The "government" couldn't cover up a bj. What makes you think they could cover this up?
They do let the occasional "slip up" get out to prove they're not capable of doing what they're doing. Get with the program, sir, or madam!
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #217
iverson2k10

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to iverson2k10 Send a message via MSN to iverson2k10

This is to big of a mystery for me to solve, lets call in the Hardly boys.

Last edited by iverson2k10; 01-02-2013 at 07:14 AM.
iverson2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #218
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
I know a lot of people will say this is a conspiracy, but it is not statistically accurate to suggest that all of these people associated with one event would commit suicide or die prematurely. It makes you want to go hmmmmmm.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #219
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
your conception was also an inside job.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #220
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
tell me something i dont know

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote