E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #201
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
I does not exist, and consider my HK amp over powers my stage 1 speakers, I dont see how it could be an improvment

Last edited by vilseck21; 12-17-2012 at 06:40 PM.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #202
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
Hi guys! It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've made any posts on this forum, but this is an issue we need to address to everyone here -- to our customers, to those interested in the product, and especially to those who are disappointed that we haven't delivered.

Put simply, we dropped the ball, and we're sorry.

What happened? Well, it's complicated, but what it really comes down to is money.

As anyone who runs a small business knows, with a limited amount of operating capital, you have to make tough decisions about where you're going to use the money that's available to you.

If you've been paying attention over the last 8 years, you'll have noticed that many of our biggest selling products continually go on backorder. This is despite the fact that we've increased the amount of inventory on hand 6 or 7 fold from when we started, purchasing as much as our budget will allow.

When we started the amplifier upgrade project several years ago, we expected that at some point in the near future we would have "enough" inventory for our core products to meet demand, at which point we could redirect our capital resources to the amplifier upgrade project.

That day still hasn't come.

If we are going to continue to grow and thrive, we have to not only make great products and deliver great service; we also have to make strategic decisions which will be in the best interest of the business long-term.

And as a business, when you don't have enough inventory to fulfill the orders you already have, it just doesn't make sense to shift resources away to a project which has an unknown return on investment and an unknown timeframe for completion.

This has never been a question of our willingness to invest in R&D or a question of the complexity of the project. It's a question of resources.

All that said, we are CONSTANTLY increasing our operating capital, and we are hopeful that at some point in the near future, we'll have enough capital to keep enough inventory to fulfill everyone's seemingly insatiable demand for our current products, at which point we can use some of our limited resources to make this amplifier project a reality.

In other words, this project is on our roadmap, and it's not a question of IF it is coming. It is a question of WHEN. I don't have any firm timeframes for you, and we aren't going to give you any. We learned our lesson.

I will say that we have recently restarted development on this, but that is ALL that I will say. No timeframes, no estimates, no details. It will be available when we can make it work as a business.

Thank you guys for your patience and your understanding. We're sorry we've disappointed you, but we hope that when the final product is available, it will have been worth the wait.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #203
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
as much as it is nice to hear/read, words are cheap....(as the old saying starts)
this has extended beyond ridiculous in terms of waiting and, dare i say, false statements in the past.
at this rate, my car will be done before this amp comes out....
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #204
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
I understand you're upset, and you've got a right to be.

As you pointed out, words are cheap, which is why I haven't made any statements regarding the status of the project or an expected timeframe. We aren't going to make any more promises we aren't 100% sure we can keep.

Regarding previous statements being false, that's just not true. Aside from the fact that this is a capital-intensive project, both to engineer and purchase product for, we've also had to scrap an entire design and start fresh again. Our initial version didn't meet our standards. But, we should have known better and not said a peep until we were sure the project was done and ready for launch.

Won't happen again.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #205
sg_wannabe

i am not upset actually, so i think you misunderstood my reply post. running businesses that regularly demand large investments, i can relate.

i was not saying that your previous statements were false; however, there were "promises" made in the past by other folks at bsw, and they were not fulfilled. that calls into question the validity of supposed updates that were made in the past as well.

i am not challenging your previous lengthy post.

i have been happy with your other products. furthermore, i will most likely wait it out to get this amp if it is released sometime soon and if i do not find a better option.

Last edited by sg_wannabe; 12-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.
sg_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #206
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
I really hope this amp becomes a reality sooner rather than later...but I also hope that it is a great product that will make my stage one setup that much better.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #207
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
I won't get my hopes up....but I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't excited to hear from BSW. I was just thinking today how nice it would be to have a decent amplifier to my stage 1. If I still have my e46 'when' you guys drop this amp on the market I will undoubtedly purchase it.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #208
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
I have to say it's unfortunate that everything fell thourgh like this but at least bsw is keeping in touch. I was looking forward to the amp but disappointed like everybody else. I hope it comes out in the near future before I dont have the car any more
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #209
mochi

My Ride: m3
Vaporware
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #210
sg_wannabe

so anyone wanna make a prediction as to when this amp will come out?

i am hoping in next 1-2 years. i will get it when it comes out if i don't upgrade my hk amp some other way before then....
Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #211
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Guess what dosent exist, the BSW amp in any form. I belive that most WW2 aircraft was devloped in a shorter time than the vaporware that BSW is calling an amp
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #212
BMWfever

My Ride: '06 330 Ci
You can take my name off the waiting list, if there is even a list. . . I like my BSW stage1 speakers, but have lost respect for a company that would string us along for YEARS!!
BMWfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #213
mrbamathews

My Ride: 02 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman View Post
I understand you're upset, and you've got a right to be.

As you pointed out, words are cheap, which is why I haven't made any statements regarding the status of the project or an expected timeframe. We aren't going to make any more promises we aren't 100% sure we can keep.

Regarding previous statements being false, that's just not true. Aside from the fact that this is a capital-intensive project, both to engineer and purchase product for, we've also had to scrap an entire design and start fresh again. Our initial version didn't meet our standards. But, we should have known better and not said a peep until we were sure the project was done and ready for launch.

Won't happen again.
I know I do not have a lot of clout on the forums as I am a newbie to them but..... I think you may be missing the "need" of most the forum members including myself interested in this product. I am a small automotive business owner myself and can completely understand the troubles you have run into. However....

Here is the problem, in order for BSW to correct their blunder consumers NEED a projected time frame. Even if you guys at BSW want to play it safe and give yourselves extra time (if you expect the project completed in 6 months say 1 year, etc...) Many people including myself have been holding out on upgrading their audio system. However.... I am finally at the point where I need to make a decision if I proceed to build a system w/o the amp or if I wait longer for the project. Those of us in limbo NEED some kind of guidance. For instance I am willing to wait 6-9 months but am in no way willing to wait 2 years.
mrbamathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #214
Fidget

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbamathews View Post
I know I do not have a lot of clout on the forums as I am a newbie to them but..... I think you may be missing the "need" of most the forum members including myself interested in this product. I am a small automotive business owner myself and can completely understand the troubles you have run into. However....

Here is the problem, in order for BSW to correct their blunder consumers NEED a projected time frame. Even if you guys at BSW want to play it safe and give yourselves extra time (if you expect the project completed in 6 months say 1 year, etc...) Many people including myself have been holding out on upgrading their audio system. However.... I am finally at the point where I need to make a decision if I proceed to build a system w/o the amp or if I wait longer for the project. Those of us in limbo NEED some kind of guidance. For instance I am willing to wait 6-9 months but am in no way willing to wait 2 years.
While I know your point, I also know that they are unlikely to be willing to provide a timeline.

From their perspective this amp has been a fiasco now. It is a blot on their reputation as a company and it has already hurt their credibility, they dont want to risk something going wrong and hurting their reputation further.

Until now we have heard story upon story of "just a little delay" and "small issues" and "testing" so the community is unlikely to believe that any future announcement of a delay is legitimate. The amp has been a huge public relations nightmare for them. You run a small business and know that reputation matters, they burned a lot of that reputation capital in the community with the amp project and recovering that will NOT be easy. It takes a lot of work to build and more to re rebuild a good reputation, and they have taken a big hit to that already. It is unlikely they will want to risk further damage by putting a date out before it is VERY close to done.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #215
mrbamathews

My Ride: 02 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
While I know your point, I also know that they are unlikely to be willing to provide a timeline.

From their perspective this amp has been a fiasco now. It is a blot on their reputation as a company and it has already hurt their credibility, they dont want to risk something going wrong and hurting their reputation further.

Until now we have heard story upon story of "just a little delay" and "small issues" and "testing" so the community is unlikely to believe that any future announcement of a delay is legitimate. The amp has been a huge public relations nightmare for them. You run a small business and know that reputation matters, they burned a lot of that reputation capital in the community with the amp project and recovering that will NOT be easy. It takes a lot of work to build and more to re rebuild a good reputation, and they have taken a big hit to that already. It is unlikely they will want to risk further damage by putting a date out before it is VERY close to done.
Call me crazy but the best way for them to gain back some respect would be to give a date and actually stick to it. Thus providing their followers with something real to plan for.
mrbamathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #216
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbamathews View Post
Call me crazy but the best way for them to gain back some respect would be to give a date and actually stick to it. Thus providing their followers with something real to plan for.
This amp is never coming. It's been in the works for years with no signs of progress. I really want it to be real though...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #217
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
You guys still waiting!?!
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #218
sg_wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
You guys still waiting!?!
still waiting
Old 06-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #219
Handsome Kev

My Ride: 328
BSW "Stage 2" Amp - ETA

You guys can't be serious, I doubt this happens before 2020

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Handsome Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #220
Mouf

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Re: BSW "Stage 2" Amp - ETA

They should just lock this thread down...... It is over.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Mouf is offline   Reply With Quote