E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
jmenrico

My Ride: 1999 BMW M3
E46 Pairing Button Link "P/N: 84 13 0 302 715" (Bluetooth OEM System)

Hello, folks:

As most of you may have learned when trying to attempt to retrofit your E46 for the OEM Bluetooth system, some of the parts to do so are not available for purchase. The most elusive of these parts is the Bluetooth Pairing Button. NO ONE has these little PITA button available in the states.

I began reading post(s) which demonstrated an 'alternative' to buying the pairing button, but I thought to myself, "won't that look ugly in my E46 M3?" Long story short, I didn't give up looking for the part.

By sheer luck I came across an eBay listing in Germany which has this part available to buy. When it was all said and done, I ended up paying $31. It's in transit now, but I can imagine that this is the answer to anyone who has given up in finding P/N: 84 13 0 302 715

Anyway, here is the link to an active listing for the same product:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250919790199...84.m1497.l2649

If you are reading this thread years from now and it has expired, try looking at this seller's store: autoscheich_de

I don't know if this has been covered or not in a previous thread, but I thought I would throw this up there for anyone who is considering doing the OEM Bluetooth Install in their E46

For a complete list of parts for the install view this link:
http://bavariansoundwerks.com/produc...tall_-_E46.pdf

The installation kit as a whole no longer exists. You can buy ALL of the parts listed on there except for the manual/booklet, cutout template and other misc. non-essential parts.

--jmenrico--_a_
jmenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
bradnic

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
You are a life saver sir. Listing is still active, showing close to 70 units on hand. still $31 shipped to US.
bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
park828

My Ride: 335i e90
did anyone receieve their button yet? is it really OEM or is it aftermarket?

Byong.
park828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Thank god my m3 came with Bluetooth already installed. I don't remember seeing this button though?
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
bradnic

just got it yesterday. looks exactly like the OEM pic I saw on his website. very fast ship btw via Deutsche Post. there's no label on the button, either in the pic or on the part I received.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
redrider423

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3 6MT Vert
Mine came with the button but I don't have Bluetooth. Is that common?
redrider423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
bradnic

pairing button harness not needed; iphone 4 snap-in requires mods

UPDATED AGAIN. finally retrofitted an ULF in my '03 M3 along with an iPhone 4 snap-in, ejector box and console trim. it really looks great installed. will post pics after I've finished my nav retrofit.

anyway, regarding the pairing button harness:

1) it is NOT NEEDED, but you CAN USE IT. The ejector boxes that you get now have a single button on them with a bluetooth logo that serves as BOTH a button to eject the snap-in module AND a pairing button for the ULF.

I have personally verified this functionality on my car:

- with ignition off, push the ejector box bluetooth button down. it doesn't matter if the snap-in is installed or not
- turn ignition to position 2, while still holding the ejector box button down.
- release the button after 2 seconds
- you will see "BMW ULF" on your bluetooth phone, proving the ULF is in pairing mode

you can see the console phone wiring below (the pushbutton harness is not here)
- back of the ejector box. the wiring connector is "male". there's also the bluetooth antenna FAKRA connector which matches the in car wiring.
- stock phone pre-wiring that's bundled under the console. on my E46 with pre-installed tel wiring the ejector box connector is "male"
- harness adapter with "female" connectors on both ends

2) even if you tried to use it I'm pretty sure you can't connect it to the ejector box and the car without splicing wires. You could try moving the 2 button wires over to the cradle connector but I believe those wires are already there wired to the cradle pushbutton. So you would need to SPLICE into the ejector box or the adapter cable.

3) if you still wanted to proceed to get an "all OEM look" all you would end up with is a rectangular button with no 'talking head' pictogram on it. so what's the point..

Bottom line: While it's definitely a good quality replacement for the old OEM button harness, it's a waste of money. I don't really understand why people are buying it. Maybe as a direct replacement for an older eject box setup where the pairing button is broken.

By the way, the top part of the iphone 4/4S snap-in I used was TOO WIDE for the E46 ejector box (84.21-2-199-389-01, built 2011, bought off ebay). I had to carefully sand down the sides to get it to fit properly. I did see that bimmernav had a slightly different version of the snap-in on their website for "wide smartphones". My part number was for an X3 but it supposedly worked with other cars.

Here are some pics of the modded adapter. basically the top edge of both sides needed to be sanded down several mm. it fits perfectly now.

Last edited by bradnic; 04-30-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
bradnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider423 View Post
Mine came with the button but I don't have Bluetooth. Is that common?
if you have a pairing button on your console and bought your car used, my guess is the PO had bluetooth in the car but removed it before selling. if it's 2005 or later it has a TCU box that supports bluetooth already installed. there's alot of info about this in the forums.

Tags
bluetooth, bmw, e46, pairing button, ulf