E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #81
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
The bill has popular portions to it, I agree, even parts I like, but the overall bill is bad. Most people, including me, do not know what is actually in the bill overall.
There's a lot of things you don't know.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #82
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
You offended your own dignity.
Again, no.

You must be a Dodger fan.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BB BMW; 01-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #83
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I only shudder to think what would have happened to a privatized SS in the collapse of 2008 and the Great Bush Recession.
That was then, this is now. There are others methods besides investing retirement funds into the stock market. Perhaps even methods we have not thought of yet. Either way the future for withdrawing my share looks bleak at this point. I have lost faith in what was in theory the promises of a good system but in actuality has proven to be chaotic and untrustworthy.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #84
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Again, no.

You must be a Dodger fan.
What's a Dodger?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #85
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
That was then, this is now. There are others methods besides investing retirement funds into the stock market. Perhaps even methods we have not thought of yet. Either way the future for withdrawing my share looks bleak at this point. I have lost faith in what was in theory the promises of a good system but in actuality has proven to be chaotic and untrustworthy.
Look back and read the terms on SS when it was put into place.
It shows how untrustworthy congress really is.

Parts were that -

It was to be voluntary
Non taxable
etc.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #86
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
The United States of America is a Republic and not a Democracy. We have and always will embody Socialist aspects to our way of life.

Thankfully, the Republic firewalls the mob mentality of a democracy.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #87
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
There's a lot of things you don't know.
Are you the "KNOW IT ALL"?
Do you know everything in Obamacare?
Do you know when you sell your house you will pay taxes on the profit?
Do you know there is money for arrows in the bill?
You must......

Must be many a few things you don't know.

Oh....... the attacks when nothing valuable to add.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BB BMW; 01-03-2013 at 04:11 PM.
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #88
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Thankfully, the Republic firewalls the mob mentality of a democracy.
I personally think "Republic" sounds more badass too.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #89
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
You offended your own dignity.


Well, our circle of friends didn't want to give up doing fun things that require a bit of money and we didn't want to exclude our friend either. We solved it by treating out friend to a beer every once in a while. This gesture has since paid us back in dividends, both in terms of material things like beer and immaterial concepts like friendship and good stories.
I don't understand. Liberals have this common view that things in society should be shared and no one person is responsible for their success. Yet it seems on a personal level they are selfish and tied to greed just as much so supposedly as the conservatives they mock.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #90
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Thankfully, the Republic firewalls the mob mentality of a democracy.
Does it really?

Congress is ruling with a mob mentality of democracy.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #91
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I don't understand. Liberals have this common view that things in society should be shared and no one person is responsible for their success. Yet it seems on a personal level they are selfish and tied to greed just as much so supposedly as the conservatives they mock.
Check out Al Gore's sale of his cable show. Had to be done before the tax increase on the RICH.
Also conservatives donate twice as much to charities than demos.
CIAL irony.

as long as it's someone else's money.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #92
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Are you the "KNOW IT ALL"?
Do you know everything in Obamacare?
Do you know when you sell your house you will pay taxes on the profit?
Do you know there is money for arrows in the bill?
You must......

Must be many a few things you don't know.

Oh....... the attacks when nothing valuable to add.
There's lots of things I don't know. You shouldn't speak of valuable contributions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I don't understand. Liberals have this common view that things in society should be shared and no one person is responsible for their success. Yet it seems on a personal level they are selfish and tied to greed just as much so supposedly as the conservatives they mock.
I don't get what point your trying to make.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #93
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
There's lots of things I don't know. You shouldn't speak of valuable contributions.

I don't get what point your trying to make.
Collectively those that think like you think the rich, corporations, and conservatives are greedy and uncaring. Yet based on the response you posted it sounded like you were all about yourself and could care less for helping a friend out every now and then. Maybe I misinterpreted your posts but you came off as arrogant and selfish.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #94
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
There's lots of things I don't know. You shouldn't speak of valuable contributions.
Do I just post attacks against anything you post?
Do I post personal attacks to your post without adding an opinion referring to your post?

VALUABLE CONTRIBUTIONS must mean something different to you.

Stay on topic without attacking the messenger.

Where are the SPENDING CUTS?
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #95
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Collectively those that think like you think the rich, corporations, and conservatives are greedy and uncaring. Yet based on the response you posted it sounded like you were all about yourself and could care less for helping a friend out every now and then. Maybe I misinterpreted your posts but you came off as arrogant and selfish.
Huh. The first post was sarcastic. Then I told you in detail what happened.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #96
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Substantial spending cuts aren't going to occur under this administration or any of our current elected representatives.

Washington would need to fundamentally change in order for pork projects to be eliminated from bills. In order for Washington to completely change, the country either needs to collapse or a substantial uprising needs to occur to take down the current government we have in place today.

We are headed for disaster one way or the other.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #97
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Huh. The first post was sarcastic. Then I told you in detail what happened.
My sarcasm detector was switched off today. Wasn't sure if serious or not.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #98
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Substantial spending cuts aren't going to occur under this administration or any of our current elected representatives.

Washington would need to fundamentally change in order for pork projects to be eliminated from bills. In order for Washington to completely change, the country either needs to collapse or a substantial uprising needs to occur to take down the current government we have in place today.

We are headed for disaster one way or the other.
I vote uprising. I would love to dismantle our current administration.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #99
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 493
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
We have reached 5 pages of debate, etc., with no response on Obama and the demos Spending Cuts.
The cliff revolved around raising taxes on the "RICH" and Spending Cuts.
Now that the "RICH" will be paying their fair share, where are the spending cuts?
And will Obama now go after those other Americans not paying their fair share? There are those who pay NOTHING, but receive. (and no I don't mean the disabled, retired, etc.) I mean the TAKERS.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #100
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
We have reached 5 pages of debate, etc., with no response on Obama and the demos Spending Cuts.
The cliff revolved around raising taxes on the "RICH" and Spending Cuts.
The cliff was about preventing a tax hike on ALL Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Now that the "RICH" will be paying their fair share, where are the spending cuts?
And will Obama now go after those other Americans not paying their fair share? There are those who pay NOTHING, but receive. (and no I don't mean the disabled, retired, etc.) I mean the TAKERS.
Next time you go pick up some fast food, demand from the checkout person that they pay their fair share in taxes. Make sure you do that before you get your food.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use