E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #721
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Can you give us some information on the Hardware for your upcoming ///AVIN Unit you have listed on your website?

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.

Last edited by Bigo1087; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Bigo1087 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #722
bono975

My Ride: 325i, X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo1087 View Post
Can you give us some information on the Hardware for your upcoming ///AVIN Unit you have listed on your website?
I too would be very interested.
bono975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #723
bono975

My Ride: 325i, X5 35d
bump.
bono975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #724
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
Ok I have some info on SDCards for those of you struggling to get it to work.

You can partition / format a normal SDCard and follow M3Evolutions intructions no problems to update the Dynavin Android side with the new ROM.

Where most of the issues come is when you go to use that same SDCard / format with the OS. A lot of cards weather you format them with 64k sector sizes dont work.

I was very lucky and got my 32gb card working with out an issue.

You can get an SDCard to work if you format it with something like a camera or gopro. Then insert into Dynavin and let the system fully boot.

Youll notice after Android has started it will write to the SDCard. When you read it and try to copy files in a PC and try to use the card again in the Dynavin it will come up as corrupted or just not even have a message at all.

I fixed this by switching brands of card on a friends car today and it worked fine.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #725
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
been a while since i posted... but wanted to report that running r1502 ROM for about 3 months now and have no isses, most importantly no more forced close issue which were plaugeing me with every other (older) ROM that i've ran. So great job m3evo! Can't wait to see what the AVIN unit will look like.

Oh yea, one thing, i can't seem to find the mobile app on the r1502 ROM... can someone comment?
I'm talking abou this
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #726
Kukanuka81

My Ride: 02 E46 M3 conv.
Send a message via ICQ to Kukanuka81
Anyone in the NJ area that can help me with my Android unit?
Kukanuka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #727
goorec

My Ride: 318Ci
Hi

Is there enyone who is using IGo8 Navigation software on M3evo rom R150?
I have problem. When i using navigation than i pressin home button to for example change song in power amp, and i want to get back to Igo to continue navigation i have only black screen. I cant get back to navi.
On stock rom i didn't notice this problem.

Any ideas??

Cheers
goorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #728
hybridNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by goorec View Post
Hi

Is there enyone who is using IGo8 Navigation software on M3evo rom R150?
I have problem. When i using navigation than i pressin home button to for example change song in power amp, and i want to get back to Igo to continue navigation i have only black screen. I cant get back to navi.
On stock rom i didn't notice this problem.

Any ideas??

Cheers
Just use Sygic 12.x

Work so much better with hardware 3d
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #729
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridNz View Post
Just use Sygic 12.x

What version of Sygic do you use?

I get similar issues using power amp and sygic 12 I.E. there seems to be no way to toggle back and forth between the programs without the o/s crashing.
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #730
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Some more SD card information that I discovered:

The red-packaged Sandisk SD cards that you see at WalMart all seem to work great. Over the years I've accumulated 1 8GB, 2 16GBs, and 2 32GBs, all the same brand and type, all of them work flawlessly in the Dynavin.

Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #731
goorec

My Ride: 318Ci
Quote:
Just use Sygic 12.x

I'm using the newest version of Sygic the newest version for 3 days and i have similar issue. When i'm using power amp and sygic simultaneously, Android is crushing all the time :/
goorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #732
hybridNz

I dont use power amp. Youll probably find that between sygic and power amp its using to much cpu. Try going back to 11.2.5 maybe. Or another player
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #733
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
I just recently started getting tons of android crashes and boot loops for no reason, I don't have poweramp or synergic. My Dynavin is picking up a lot of bad habits and re-installing the ROM doesn't seem to solve the issue.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #734
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Hi Tommy

I have sent you a private message.

Just upgraded to the D99+ unit and the original ROM you sent me has locked the screen on the Screen "Calibration" setup is there a newer ROM than the R150 that you have supplied me?

Perhaps you could PM me and let me know.

Thanks Tony
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #735
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
WOW... i DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS STILL IMPROVEMENTS BEING MADE....GREAT. My dynavin is pretty stable right now but....with copilot premium....however I may upgrade the rom anyway.
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #736
hybridNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfuk View Post
Hi Tommy

I have sent you a private message.

Just upgraded to the D99+ unit and the original ROM you sent me has locked the screen on the Screen "Calibration" setup is there a newer ROM than the R150 that you have supplied me?

Perhaps you could PM me and let me know.

Thanks Tony
Download 1502 off his site
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #737
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Download 1502 off his site
Thanks he has now sent me the updated ROM for the D99+, all installed and working fine now.
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #738
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Torque/Bluetooth Connection Problems

I have a fairly new install of a Dynavin and I had added the M3Evolution ROM, and overall have been quite impressed. Now that I have figured out the right process for me when starting up the car with a hotspot connection as well as shutting it down, my wifi connects have been solid and quick.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the bluetooth connection.

I added the ScanTool MX OBD bluetooth adapter to my car, then placed the wifi dongle on a hub along with an IOGear 2.1 Bluetooth adapter. I then installed Torque Pro.

The good news is that I have been able to get Torque to work over the bluetooth connection as while the wifi connection was running...every once in a while.

About 4 times out of five the bluetooth icon shows on android and the OBD adapter is "Paired but not connected" but when I start up Torque (or OBDLink) it never connects. Turning on and off the bluetooth doesn't change the status. Then there is that one time that the bluetooth icon does not come on and it is unchecked in the settings, and checking it does not turn bluetooth on.

And then every once in a while it all works.

Anyone have any suggestions of how to make the bluetooth connection work consistently? Maybe there is a startup/shutdown process I need to do? Any suggestions from anyone that gets consistent connections?
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #739
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
A little more bluetooth testing today. Couldn't get it to connect to Torque, but i decided to go to the dials anyway. Surprisingly, one dial read data - Horsepower. However it was not related to the car functionality. I then pulled the BT dongle and tied again, and got the same affect.

Any suggestions on how to narrow down where the problem is?
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #740
Axel-

My Ride: Audi S4 Avant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
A little more bluetooth testing today. Couldn't get it to connect to Torque, but i decided to go to the dials anyway. Surprisingly, one dial read data - Horsepower. However it was not related to the car functionality. I then pulled the BT dongle and tied again, and got the same affect.

Any suggestions on how to narrow down where the problem is?
Have you tried it without the hub?

My problem is that I can't seem to find a reliable working hub. What hub are you using?
Can anyone else suggest a good hub (brand and model or link to buy from)?
Axel- is offline   Reply With Quote