E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Also e-mailed my state government. Looks like some Virginia lawmakers want to do things like say it's illegal to carry in a bar.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #22
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
They are using the current crisis to go for broke. This is when you will see what your elected officials are really made of.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
phrozen06
Banned User

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
They are using the current crisis to go for broke. This is when you will see what your elected officials are really made of.
elected officials advocate what lobbyists want, they're not worried too much about voters.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Finally got a response:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for the second amendment.I appreciate knowing your views.

I fully support the Second Amendment and believe it is critical to ensure the federal government does not pass laws that infringe on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. The 2008 Supreme Court ruling that reaffirmed that Americans have a right to own firearms for personal use was a positive step towards this goal, and in the June 2010 ruling, the Supreme Court affirmed that the right to keep and bear arms is among our fundamental rights.

You can be certain I will continue to work to uphold the Second Amendment. Eligible law-abiding citizens should have the right to purchase and own firearms. With more than 20,000 local, state and federal gun laws on the books, it is clear that more gun control laws are not the answer to eliminating gun violence. Instead of imposing new, onerous restrictions on gun ownership, the best means of reducing crimes committed with firearms is to enforce existing laws against these crimes and fully prosecute those who use guns to commit crimes. This is why I support the following pieces of pending legislation:

· H.R. 822: The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 – This legislation would establish a national standard for the carrying of concealed firearms by authorizing a person who has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state and who is not prohibited from carrying a firearm under federal law to carry a concealed firearm in another state in accordance with the restrictions of that state or as specified under this Act.
· H.R. 420: Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act - This bill would provide a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members could register firearms acquired overseas between June 26, 1934 and October 31, 1968, without fear of prosecution. Congress granted a limited amnesty in 1968, but many veterans did not receive enough notice to participate. The bill would not apply to all firearms brought home by veterans. The only firearms that normally have to be registered at the federal level are those subject to the National Firearms Act. More common trophies, such as bolt-action rifles or semi-automatic pistols, need not be registered.
· H.R. 58: Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act - This bill would remove several antiquated and unnecessary restrictions imposed on interstate firearms business such as: (1) the ban on interstate transfers directly between private citizens and licensed dealers and (2) the requirement that firearms dealers only do business at their licensed premises or at gun shows in their own state.

Please know that I remain strongly opposed to legislation that attempts to infringe upon our constitutional right to own a firearm. Keeping honest citizens from owning a firearm in no way impairs a criminal's ability to obtain a weapon. I have consistently received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association and the Gun Owners of America for my voting record on the right to bear arms.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with me. Your interest and input are valued and I hope to hear from you in the future regarding other matters of importance. I encourage you to visit my website and sign-up for my monthly e-newsletter at www.samjohnson.house.govto learn more about other issues impacting the 3rd District of Texas.

Sincerely,

SAM JOHNSON.
Member of Congress
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I just wanted to bump this up. Please continue to contact your elected representatives regarding all of the upcoming bills that are introduced.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

I think we're doomed. Biden is going to introduce a bill that is OVER THE TOP. I say buy now and buy what you can no matter the cost.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
dan03833

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Funny thing is; they can't pass a budget, can't settle on a debt ceiling, can't tell the truth about Benghazi, can't get a trial for Fast & Furious, and pretty much can't get anything else agreed upon, but they'll probably enact more gun laws no problemo! Force 'em right down our throats like Obamacare.
dan03833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03833 View Post
Funny thing is; they can't pass a budget, can't settle on a debt ceiling, can't tell the truth about Benghazi, can't get a trial for Fast & Furious, and pretty much can't get anything else agreed upon, but they'll probably enact more gun laws no problemo! Force 'em right down our throats like Obamacare.
Step 1 - Disarm your citizens.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
Sent out 1 set of letters to Bama and Bloominthal. Have to snail mail or research more to get to local CT officials Murphy and Esty. To think I used to actually like Bloominthal for how agressivly he supported consumers from bad buisness but now attacks gun rights.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #31
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

^ Tell that to that moron Piers Morgan who keeps arguing gun control in GB worked.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Top story on yahoo..."why we should export PM back to Britain!" lol

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 01-11-2013 at 12:44 PM.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I'm bumping this again. Here is another option for contacting your officials, this time from Ruger. One click.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

This is the text of what will be sent:

Quote:
Dear (Recipient),

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.

Sincerely,
(Your Contact Information)
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
there is no exuse now not to contact your reps, ruger really did make it almost painfully simple.

its a damn shame that more organizations dont have something as simple as this (nra, goa etc....) because people are extremely lazy.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 01-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #35
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #36
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
This email response makes me want to throw up and what the fuck is "high capacity ammunition"

Dear Mr. Ring:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun control. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

I am horrified by gun violence in our country. The shooting that occurred on December 14th in Newtown, Connecticut - the murder of 20 sweet, innocent children and the six adults who died protecting them - is an unthinkable, terrible tragedy. I join with all Americans during this tragic time in extending my deepest condolences to these victims' families, who are facing an incredible amount of grief and heartache.

Now more than ever, we need to work together to make sure another tragedy like this never happens again. I support the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. I also believe that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those with mental illnesses without infringing on the right of law-abiding citizens to buy firearms.

That is why I believe that we must take a substantive look at various proposals to strengthen background checks and get assault weapons off our streets. This includes reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban and limiting the use of high capacity ammunition. I have also continually supported extending required background checks at gun shows to help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals. Your views will be helpful to me as we further consider this issue.

While we need to look at gun control, I believe we must also look at the mental health issues that plague our nation. We need to make sure that people have access to the services they need. As a senior member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, I fought for over ten years to get mental health parity passed so that all Americans suffering from mental illness could have access to the treatments they need. We also need to find better ways to treat, or even cure, mental illnesses. That's why I am such a strong supporter of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). I will continue to fight to improve and expand mental health services.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with me about this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
fuck that shit
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #38
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Darn that high capacity ammunition.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #39
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
This email response makes me want to throw up and what the fuck is "high capacity ammunition"

Dear Mr. Ring:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun control. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

I am horrified by gun violence in our country. The shooting that occurred on December 14th in Newtown, Connecticut - the murder of 20 sweet, innocent children and the six adults who died protecting them - is an unthinkable, terrible tragedy. I join with all Americans during this tragic time in extending my deepest condolences to these victims' families, who are facing an incredible amount of grief and heartache.

Now more than ever, we need to work together to make sure another tragedy like this never happens again. I support the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. I also believe that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those with mental illnesses without infringing on the right of law-abiding citizens to buy firearms.

That is why I believe that we must take a substantive look at various proposals to strengthen background checks and get assault weapons off our streets. This includes reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban and limiting the use of high capacity ammunition. I have also continually supported extending required background checks at gun shows to help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals. Your views will be helpful to me as we further consider this issue.

While we need to look at gun control, I believe we must also look at the mental health issues that plague our nation. We need to make sure that people have access to the services they need. As a senior member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, I fought for over ten years to get mental health parity passed so that all Americans suffering from mental illness could have access to the treatments they need. We also need to find better ways to treat, or even cure, mental illnesses. That's why I am such a strong supporter of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). I will continue to fight to improve and expand mental health services.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with me about this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator
I hate cookie-cutter responses. 10-1 they don't even have anybody note your points and summarize them in any sort of presentation to the representative. They simply open the letter, see its about gun control, put your address on an envelope, type your name on one of these cookie-cutter letters, and send it back. Totally useless unfortunately.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote