E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
stuntin325

My Ride: 2001 325
Vehicle coding

I would like to know what program would be the best for coding and tuning my car, I have read about various programs ncs expert, pa soft, gt1 but I would like to know what each one does and where I can get the obd to usb cable and best place to buy
Thanks
stuntin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
stuntin325

My Ride: 2001 325
Anybody?
stuntin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
stevenherr83

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
I believe gt1 has the most options but not 100% as I ordered that one but haven't gotten it yet. It will allow you to actually flash the ecu on top of coding, live readings of codes and stats(battery,a/f ratio/battery/etc). As for just a cable eBay would be best. Sorry don't know too Mich on all the tuners/coders readily available and I think depends on year/model as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything and I recommend searching before making a decision as I'm sure there are pros and cons to all. Hope this helps a little bit?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
Tuning is different than coding.

NCS expert is what I use for coding. You need software that can get through the encryption on the DME to tune.

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
jamex

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
I use PA Soft v1.4 for coding and it seems to be the most user friendly and intuitive of all the options I've seen out there.
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
stevenherr83

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
I'm starting to get a little worried..my tuner still hasn't arrived and was supposed to be here between Dec 31-Jan 9..damn eBay! It is coming from Romania though but was ordered like a month ago lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App