E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #1061
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Our guy won 7 straight with a weaker defense and an injured knee.
RG3 is kicking ass...only problem I have with the last 7 games. Is it was against 5 teams 4 of them being pretty crap. Beating the Cowboys and Eagles twice is not that impressive.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #1062
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
RG3 is kicking ass...only problem I have with the last 7 games. Is it was against 5 teams 4 of them being pretty crap. Beating the Cowboys and Eagles twice is not that impressive.
Winning 7 games in a row in the NFL is impressive, regardless of schedule. There's a reason why more teams don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #1063
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
That loss is on the HC for not pulling Griffin at the beginning 2nd qtr.

Being in the NW, I hope Seattle wins it all...despite my dislike for their coach.

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #1064
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Seattle looked tough!

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.

Last edited by coco savage; 01-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #1065
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Very physical game. DeAngelo Hall just looked like he was trying to start a fight the whole game.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #1066
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
That loss is on the HC for not pulling Griffin at the beginning 2nd qtr.
Yup. Of course the player will want to play at all costs, but that's why you have a HC--to make the tough call. RG3 was CLEARLY hurt.

Great season. We'll just have to see if Shanahan killed RG3's career last night, or not.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #1067
Shaban

Partially torn ACL and LCL
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #1068
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Partially torn ACL and LCL
Yeah, but we'll really know what's up when they go in there with a scope today. Some worst cast scenarios (aside from never playing again) say a 12+ month recovery. Though, this was the same Dr. that worked on AD's knee...

Quote:

Last edited by ghorn; 01-08-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #1069
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Yup. Of course the player will want to play at all costs, but that's why you have a HC--to make the tough call. RG3 was CLEARLY hurt.

Great season. We'll just have to see if Shanahan killed RG3's career last night, or not.
Sadly. I hate to say it. If I were to go off just what I saw that game he did. Shanahan should have made the pull him well before he literally couldn't stand any longer. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but even in the first quarter I felt cousins should have been put in.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #1070
ThaHooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Sadly. I hate to say it. If I were to go off just what I saw that game he did. Shanahan should have made the pull him well before he literally couldn't stand any longer. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but even in the first quarter I felt cousins should have been put in.
I was beside myself with frustration, while I watched Griffin limp around the field for 2+ quarters. He should have been pulled right before the second touchdown...halftime at the very latest...if not for his health and future, at least for the fact he couldn't produce on the field. It was so obvious, I have no idea what Griffin and the coaches (mostly the coaches) were thinking

Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #1071
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Griffin like anyone of us I'm sure wanted to do everything he could for the team. I felt bad for him even during the game. The pressure he must have had on him. First year quarterback. Insane numbers through the season. First playoff game in how long for the skins? But like you said, now his whole career is in question. As a forever Redskins fan, I can say, it's damn upsetting to see the future again, very gray.

Quote:
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1072
Shaban

^+1. He wanted to do all he could for the team, but he was trying to do too much. He didn't need to put the team on his back and try to carry them. I think he should have been pulled out when the score was 14-0. I honestly believe Cousins and Morris could have won the game for us if RG3 had been pulled out after his second TD... but I don't think they could have won the game if Cousins had started. I really hope that this doesn't effect his long-term career. I would be surprised to see him at all during the first half of next season... hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Hopefully once they get into his knee it will just be an LCL tear. 3-6 months recovery time. If it's both LCL and ACL, then it could take up to a year to fully recover. Also, I'm getting tired of people blaming Shanahan. RG3 told him that he wasn't injured, that he was just hurt. Professional players play hurt all the time. Now if RG3 said he was in a lot of pain and Shanahan still put him in, then that's a different story. Plus, after he tweeked his knee in the 1st qtr, wasn't he cleared to go back in? Wouldn't that be Dr. Andrews fault?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #1073
ThaHooch

Total reconstructive surgery...I wish him the best

m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8827480

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #1074
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
Total reconstructive surgery...I wish him the best

m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8827480
First report I've seen that says that. Every other report I'm seeing says they are repairing his LCL, and will check his ACL while they are in there and then let us know if it needs more surgery.

nvm. just saw another report http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...cl-lcl-surgery

Last edited by Shaban; 01-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1075
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
^+1. He wanted to do all he could for the team, but he was trying to do too much. He didn't need to put the team on his back and try to carry them. I think he should have been pulled out when the score was 14-0. I honestly believe Cousins and Morris could have won the game for us if RG3 had been pulled out after his second TD... but I don't think they could have won the game if Cousins had started. I really hope that this doesn't effect his long-term career. I would be surprised to see him at all during the first half of next season... hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Hopefully once they get into his knee it will just be an LCL tear. 3-6 months recovery time. If it's both LCL and ACL, then it could take up to a year to fully recover. Also, I'm getting tired of people blaming Shanahan. RG3 told him that he wasn't injured, that he was just hurt. Professional players play hurt all the time. Now if RG3 said he was in a lot of pain and Shanahan still put him in, then that's a different story. Plus, after he tweeked his knee in the 1st qtr, wasn't he cleared to go back in? Wouldn't that be Dr. Andrews fault?
The problem is, as a coach, I feel it's their job to make the difficult decision of what's best for both the team and the player. Any "run" the Griffin did was apparent he lacked even 50% of his ability. The coach IMO should recognize this and despite RG saying he was fine. As we both mentioned, any player is going to say they are okay to play hurt. I'm not bashing him. I would have done the same thing if I was in his position I'm sure. (Rg3 that is.) If I was shanahan I would have pulled him after the knock down out of bounds that he was slow to get up from.

RG lives in my parents neighborhood less than a mile from me. Maybe I'll tweet him and see if he wants to play golf this spring on their golf course. Haha

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1076
Shaban

Quote:
RG lives in my parents neighborhood less than a mile from me. Maybe I'll tweet him and see if he wants to play golf this spring on their golf course. Haha
In DC? Hit me up lol
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1077
ghorn

Quote:
The problem is, as a coach, I feel it's their job to make the difficult decision of what's best for both the team and the player. Any "run" the Griffin did was apparent he lacked even 50% of his ability. The coach IMO should recognize this and despite RG saying he was fine. As we both mentioned, any player is going to say they are okay to play hurt. I'm not bashing him. I would have done the same thing if I was in his position I'm sure. (Rg3 that is.) If I was shanahan I would have pulled him after the knock down out of bounds that he was slow to get up from
+1
Read an op-ed yesterday where a former pro athlete explained how he was watching the game with his 7 yr old son--a Skins fan. The 7yr old kid was asking his dad why they were letting him play when it was obvious he was hobbling around hurt.

Point being, who gives a sh!t what the player says, use those beady little eyes in your head, Shanahan, and look at him on the field. HE WAS OBVIOUSLY INJURED. Not just "hurt." The dumb motherfvckers were calling running plays for RG3 in that game, for Christ's sake. I'm amazed that they'd be that wildly irresponsible with a guy that looks like he was the future of the franchise.

Fvcking infuriating.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1078
Shaban

Quote:
+1
Read an op-ed yesterday where a former pro athlete explained how he was watching the game with his 7 yr old son--a Skins fan. The 7yr old kid was asking his dad why they were letting him play when it was obvious he was hobbling around hurt.

Point being, who gives a sh!t what the player says, use those beady little eyes in your head, Shanahan, and look at him on the field. HE WAS OBVIOUSLY INJURED. Not just "hurt." The dumb motherfvckers were calling running plays for RG3 in that game, for Christ's sake. I'm amazed that they'd be that wildly irresponsible with a guy that looks like he was the future of the franchise.

Fvcking infuriating.
I wasn't really in the right mind set during the game, but I don't remember them calling any running plays after the initial injury in the first qtr. I do remember him running one time out of bounds, but that was a passing play. He was still able to play after he tweeked his knee, but with our offensive line it was pretty risky. Plus, like I mentioned before, Dr. James Andrews cleared him to go back into the game, so it's not just Shanahan's fault.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #1079
ghorn

Quote:
I wasn't really in the right mind set during the game, but I don't remember them calling any running plays after the initial injury in the first qtr. I do remember him running one time out of bounds, but that was a passing play. He was still able to play after he tweeked his knee, but with our offensive line it was pretty risky. Plus, like I mentioned before, Dr. James Andrews cleared him to go back into the game, so it's not just Shanahan's fault.
From everything I've read about their interaction, it was minimal at best. The onus is on the coach, imo. He sees the guys practice all week and he's the football expert.

We didn't cross the 50 yrd line in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th qtr. b/c RG3 was playing on 1 leg. So, not only was Shanahan risking RG3's future, he was leaving a guy in the game that did not give the team the best chance to win.

Quote:

Last edited by ghorn; 01-10-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #1080
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Happy and hoping Atlanta stomps Seattle.

Quote: